Good Morning Thread | Page 344 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Babies, can't abide em lol! so had 5, or rather Mrs PY did!, they should be born about 4 years old lol!
My youngest is 33 and eldest is 43 years old, there have been very many memories, some iffy lol! but in the main brilliant.

Barnsley, the journey is just beginning, cos that is what it is.
Good luck to you and the missus on your new mystery tour, you will not regret it I am sure.

Congratulations Barnsley, hope the nights won't be too sleepless.

Not keen on Bakewells and the other one would just about see me off (but with a smile on my face)

Good news about your wife Walt, must be a relief to you both that her BP is now stablising, keep up the good work on the allotment, don't let the weeds win, I keep looking out of our lounge window and wonder why nobody has bothered to cut our hedge, or should I say triffid.

Those temperature in the US look pretty extreme, can't say I would enjoy that.

A bit of a non-descript weekend really, our eldest son informed us that he is going to Edinburgh in October to go on a ghost tour to, supposedly, the most haunted cemetery in the world and then the underground tunnels which apparently is also very spooky.

Here's to a good week ahead, stay safe and look after yourself and loved ones

I love the sound of the ghost tour in Edinburgh...my home town.

Sounds a bit Scooby Doo like.:death::stab:o_O

Well, this damn Delta strain, brought in by overseas travelers after quarantine, is causing havoc in SE Queensland. We now have young children and teachers testing positive. Lockdown will not be for just 3 days as announced by the local Govt. That was just to get us used to the idea. Extended to Sunday at 4pm (8days) however that is also bull shit. We'll be in lockdown for a hell of a lot longer than that.

So, Mrs Hod, has a business that employs 15 sub contractor dance teachers, and 5 employees, as dance teachers. This term, which has just started was going to be our record term in regards to revenue and profit. It was going to be massive!

The business teaches dance in approx 50 schools as part of the curriculum, plus some after school care classes and studio classes. Well schools will not be opening up any time soon, and although she has spent 16 hours a day since lockdown developing Zoom classes to try and minimize the impact, and keep delivering a service, she now has the unenviable task of standing down some employees and sub contractors. Our business stands to lose over $250,000 over the next 7 weeks, which is a big hit for us. We had a new car all lined up for Mrs Hod, but that will need to go on ice for a while.

Ah well, tough times ahead. Poor Mrs Hod, she's not sleeping a wink, Up at 3.30am and working through 'til 10pm, then lying awake worrying.

The owner of the company I work for, will not allow us to work from home. We are an essential service, but have been instructed by the authorities to work from home if we can. And we can, but being a control freak, he won't allow it. I could make a stand on behalf of the employees, but I can't be bothered as him and I share an office, whilst our new building is being built, so that would be uncomfortable. I feel I'm compromising my principles and letting down my staff. I guess if my health was better, I stand up for us. Either way, I'm disappointed in myself.

I have my own theories about lockdowns, but they'll seem biased, based on their impact to small business.

28C today but overcast and chance of rain. Miserable winters day.

Stay safe everyone and take care of each other.

Morning all, I won't say good, because it isn't, we got a call yesterday of bad news, one of our oppo's died of a massive heart attack, my god shock, he was only 58, 25 years in the Army.

His missus as distraught as she is told us, in her words....we had a big row before I went up the Ville to clear my head, my last words to him was fcuk you!, I came home to find ? dead on the front room carpet, jesus!

As we sat there in total shock all we could say was we were sorry! what a place to be in, not knowing the right words, feelings for the missus oppo, feelings for the hubby oppo.

Mrs PY said to me, how must she be feeling after her last words to him, my reply was....I have always said never go to bed on a row or disappear as you never know what might happen.

Yes he was ill but nobody expected this, last time I saw him was on Saturday having a cuppa, am really in shock and tearful, I really do not know how to put into writing the grief me n Mrs PY feel and of course our feelings for our poor departed oppo's missus.

All it proves you really do not know what's round the corner.

Please stay safe all.

Morning all, I won't say good, because it isn't, we got a call yesterday of bad news, one of our oppo's died of a massive heart attack, my god shock, he was only 58, 25 years in the Army.

His missus as distraught as she is told us, in her words....we had a big row before I went up the Ville to clear my head, my last words to him was fcuk you!, I came home to find ? dead on the front room carpet, jesus!

As we sat there in total shock all we could say was we were sorry! what a place to be in, not knowing the right words, feelings for the missus oppo, feelings for the hubby oppo.

Mrs PY said to me, how must she be feeling after her last words to him, my reply was....I have always said never go to bed on a row or disappear as you never know what might happen.

Yes he was ill but nobody expected this, last time I saw him was on Saturday having a cuppa, am really in shock and tearful, I really do not know how to put into writing the grief me n Mrs PY feel and of course our feelings for our poor departed oppo's missus.

Please stay safe all.

Sorry to read this mate. His wife will need support. Sounds like his time was up regardless of the row they had, something else would have triggered it. We all have disagreements and say things we regret.

She won't want to hear that though. All you can do is be there for her as much as possible.

Please stay safe all.
I'm sure that everybody on here's thoughts will be with you Pomp, this has clearly hit you hard. Stay strong, I'm sure that your mates wife will welcome and appreciate all the support you can give her.

Just back to find kind words from everyone, a massive thanks from me and Mrs PY.
We have told the poor lady that we are here for her.

Informed all of his oppo's up the EVille this morning over our normal cuppa, shock doesn't describe how all felt.

Now on a different case that might make you all smile, earlier Mrs PY went to have a dip in her Hot Tube, foot in and out, okey kokey type thing, what's up I asked? something is wrong the water chilly, not as warm as usual, she replied, so I checked it, it was turned off, jesus somebody has turned it off, checked and switched it back on at its cut off switch, then a light bulb moment followed, I said to her a Shell Sparky, our Leccie n Gas suppliers, turned up yesterday to change the meter, so switched off the supply, thus I forgot to turn it back on, doh!

Mrs PY is off to the QA next week to have a pre-opp assessment for her eye opp, she still has not got the "bomb" eye treatment her Consultant prescribed her, coming up for 4 weeks now.

Anyway folks stay safe, keep your eye's peeled the numpties are still there in there mass crowds.

Just back to find kind words from everyone, a massive thanks from me and Mrs PY.
We have told the poor lady that we are here for her.

Informed all of his oppo's up the EVille this morning over our normal cuppa, shock doesn't describe how all felt.

Now on a different case that might make you all smile, earlier Mrs PY went to have a dip in her Hot Tube, foot in and out, okey kokey type thing, what's up I asked? something is wrong the water chilly, not as warm as usual, she replied, so I checked it, it was turned off, jesus somebody has turned it off, checked and switched it back on at its cut off switch, then a light bulb moment followed, I said to her a Shell Sparky, our Leccie n Gas suppliers, turned up yesterday to change the meter, so switched off the supply, thus I forgot to turn it back on, doh!

Mrs PY is off to the QA next week to have a pre-opp assessment for her eye opp, she still has not got the "bomb" eye treatment her Consultant prescribed her, coming up for 4 weeks now.

Anyway folks stay safe, keep your eye's peeled the numpties are still there in there mass crowds.

Pomp so sorry to hear about your oppo and the sad circumstaces surrounding their argument. It certainly adds to her trauma......sincere condolences, greavsie!

Pompey , that’s just awful mate , losing friends is just one of the worst things , all those memories , laughs , jokes wind ups and growing together .
I really feel for you mate , give your wife my thoughts as well
………..

Hod. You must have upset somebody buddy. What else can go wrong for you

Me keep saying stay strong , seems a bit daft , but that is all you can do .
The money hit is a big one .
It seems a constant one foot forward , two steps back .
Don’t give in mate .
Your Spurs family is always there .
……….
Thanks for everyone’s kind words on my wife’s blood pressure issues .
It’s great that at last it seems under control .
We had a lot of worrying when it went sky high . Over 190 /90!!
It’s normal now .
Under constant scrutiny though !

we have had to put a lot on the back burner !!!!!

Last edited:

Please stay safe all.

My goodness PY. My heart bleeds for his wife and for yourself and Mrs PY. She'll certainly need all the support she can get from those around her.

You and Mrs PY will also need to be there for each other. You're all in my thoughts and prayers mate.

Pompey , that’s just awful mate , losing friends is just one of the worst things , all those memories , laughs , jokes wind ups and growing together .
I really feel for you mate , give your wife my thoughts as well
………..

Hod. You must have upset somebody buddy. What else can go wrong for you

Me keep saying stay strong , seems a bit daft , but that is all you can do .
The money hit is a big one .
It seems a constant one foot forward , two steps back .
Don’t give in mate .
Your Spurs family is always there .
……….
Thanks for everyone’s kind words on my wife’s blood pressure issues .
It’s great that at last it seems under control .
We had a lot of worrying when it went sky high . Over 190 /90!!
It’s normal now .
Under constant scrutiny though !

we have had to put a lot on the back burner !!!!!

Thanks for your kind words Walt. It really means a lot.

Good no opening all , looks to be nice out there , I think I will leave it out for a while !!!!

I’m loving the Olympics, watching the highlights last evening ,,we started talking about the logistics of it all .
Apparently the horses are among the most cosseted.
The plane they are on has to be air conditioned , cannot take off as per normal , the ascent has to be really slow so as not to harm the horses ears , same as the decent , they have to have constant walks , especially after landing , and jet lag is more of a problem than for humans . …….the accompanying human cargo is immense , vets , stable workers , etc …….So I’ve been told anyway .

Anyhow ,,, it’s been great . …….Why are the Chinese so good at diving ?
Talking of diving , I thought Raheem Stirling was for sale , …. Has that all changed ?

Or is he part of the Kane deal , we could do with another wide player !!!

I just hope all of you going through a shit time at the moment find a tiny bit of solace in this site . It isn’t a nice world at the best of times , always something that brings you crashing back down , but there is always someone on here that has been through something similar and can and will offer that bit of support .

We are an amazing bunch of people.
I just hope Daniel Levy appreciates us ! :shrug:

Take care all , don’t let the buggers get you down , look after each other

Bit of a weird one from me. It seems to be mosquito season and I've had a few bites myself with the usual result. But since vaccination my wife has suffered quite a serious reaction to the bites.
A huge red wheel develops around the bite wherever it may be. One on her thigh had a diameter of around 10 inches. One on her arm right now is about 6 inches and quite raised causing her discomfort. She had Pfiezer jabs whereas I had Astra.
She has never had reactions like this before. The swellings go down eventually after about 5 days.
It could be coincidence and be nothing to do with the vaccine but her body seems to be reacting more aggressively to the bites than previous years.

Well good morning to you all, what can I say but thankyou all for your condolences regards mine and Mrs PY's oppo, will pass all onto her, our sad Mrs oppo.
What a community, one of the best things I have ever done in joining you lot, lol!

Now further to the "hot Tub" scenario, Mrs PY went to use it late y'day afternoon, oop! I was in the shit again, forgot to switch the heater on on the control panel, doh! all ok now, bless her heart she never even raised her eye's to the sky, what a darlin.

Now another problem, I do have em eh! a couple of weeks ago I told you about my oppo, him who suffered with Covid, coming to visit us, well he gave our Bulldog Hound a toy, blue plastic spiky bone, cost £2 from Poundland, work it out, anyways the hound is besotted with it, so much he would not eat, drink or even go out for a dump.

So a resolution was made by us two, his mummy n daddy, that's Mrs PY for you, we took the toy off him, hide it well, cos he uses that bloody nose of his to find it, and sits there looking at where its hidden, the first couple of times that is, so hiding it now in the downstairs loo, lol! give the toy back to him every morning until after lunch, then hide it again in the loo.

In all my years of owning hounds I have never come across this type of behaviour before.

Hod my god your probs just keep adding up, stay strong, the good times will come back, all the best mate.

Walt that is really great news regards Mrs Walts blood pressure, am sure it has eased everything for you both, keep gardening mate, by the way my first attempt at veg growing according to my resident expert is going well.

Well Ta Ta for now, all of you keep safe, smiling and looking after yourselves, kin and oppo's.

Well ta ta for now, keep safe all, look after each other your kin and oppo's