Good Morning Thread | Page 343 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Good morning all ,

hope you are all well .
Dull and Calm out there . Quite warm but that’s about it . Nothing to write home about . A good day if you didn’t expect to be in the sunshine !
Hope you had a good day yesterday Greavsie. Head not too bad this morning . ?

The bathroom is getting nearer being finished , our plumber keeps telling us how busy he is , he says that there is a lot of money about , after the lockdowns, and he has never had so much work .
He just better not let us down tomorrow , that’s all I can say . Three weeks of doing a bit here and a bit there .
It’s given me time to get a lot of other things done , but it’s getting boring now , looking at box’s with the new WC and Vanity units on the landing .
The plumber tells me the council tip charge £2-50 per item to dump sanitary ware. ….. that’s the basin , pedestal , cistern and pan ….. £10… No wonder a lot of them end up as Novelty flower arrangements . !
We even have to make an appointment now , to go to the tip , and register our car number plate . Kin ell , it’s easier and cheaper to find a country lane that hasn’t hasn’t got CCTV !!!!!
Might try and flog it on EBay , ha ha !

I’m loving the Olympics , shame there is no crowd , ….

The weeds are winning on the allotment.
I really have to get up there and get amongst it .
I reckon two long days and I will make a difference .
And the footie starts in two weeks !
Which means the Great Predictor returns ! I bet you all can’t wait ,
Take care , look after each other.

Winter !!!!!!! That ain’t kin winter !
Wots up wiv yer .

Now , we had something like that the other week , height of our summer . Lasted all of seven days . It was glorious , made all the headlines . Global warming warnings everywhere .
We are going to get this all the time now …. Huh ! …….doom mongers running around everywhere , raving about how the polar ice cap will float down the Thames and flatten Tower Bridge and it will all be my fault cos I bought a dodgy fridge when I got married n 1976 ……. . (Seem to remember it was hot that summer as well , so it must have been someone else’s fault before that )

My mum said if was kin ‘ot when she gave birth to me in September 1949,…. so it wasn’t that fridge then .

And we didn’t have fridges when I was growing up , just a concrete slab in a cupboard in the kitchen . We kept the milk and buhher on that . (Walt …. It’s butter , not buhher )
Maybe the concrete has caused it all .

Whatever , ……the global warming seems to have gone back into its box for a while cos our glorious summer is a downright lot poorer than your kin winter , …… 27 degrees , lovely cool day . !
Gives me the petrol!

Thanks for your wishes Hod .
My thoughts go out to you as well for a dramatic improvement in your health and your families fortunes in the next year , mate .

don’t forget to wrap up warm !!

Well I got what was coming. 6 local cases of the Delta strain so 5 million of us in SE Queensland are in lockdown as at 4pm Saturday 31st July until 4pm Tuesday!
No way will we be out of lockdown by then. This will go on for at least another 2 weeks and once again, my wives' business will suffer. If we end up like Sydney we'll be in this for 2 f**king months.

All this beautiful weather and we can't go anywhere or do anything,

Morning all .
I love the concept of music and a little tipple .Pompey
Playing the old vinyl , getting a bottle out band just relaxing . Feeling smug that we have been there and done that .
Last couple of weeks I’ve connected an old IPod Touch in my car and just set it to play the entire content randomly . It’s amazing what track turns up . Absolute Beginners , David Bowie came on yesterday morning , absolutely brilliant.

We have had a good week with the Blood Pressure fiasco .
After a phone consultation ten days or so ago , the doctor took my wife off one lot of tablets and increased the dose on another one.
Then , wonder of wonders, she got a message saying she was booked in to actually go and see a doctor.
Not our normal doctor , if there is such a thing , but someone who had been drafted in to the ‘medical centre’ , to give it the name it lines to call Itself !
Anyhow , her blood pressure had begun to fall before the appointment , and by the time she got to see him , it was normal !!!

He had her blood test results from two weeks previous when the nurse there said to go to her GP urgently, and everything was ok .
This doctor was actually interested in her , gave her time to explain everything , listened to what she said and believe it or not , actually examined her. The first doctor to have done that since her first operation in November 2019.
(I’m not including the surgeons here , just her GPs)

He was well pleased with her progress and healing , amazed at the the appearance of her one scar , all the others have healed and gone , …… and her BP was Normal.
It was frighteningly high before … 190 / 91. !!!!! And she had to badger and badger them to do something about it . Unbelievable .

She has to go for more blood tests , but it just goes to show what a good moan will do . ……..I’m sure it’s not because our daughter is on a CQC panel !!

So , it’s Saturday , go and get a paper , read that and watch the Olympics, with a bit of luck ,,the plumber will be back on Monday to finish off the last bits in the bathroom.
And ….. I will have nothing to talk about on here !!!!!

maybe not ! ……… I’m sure something will raise its ugly head !

Take care all , don’t believe the rumours this thing is going away , it can still turn round and bite you on the bollocks …look after each other.

Great to hear Mrs Walt's BP has normalised and that the Docs are taking a serious interest in a pathway to better health.
Great stuff!

Well it is hot here every summer...the humidity is the worst part...but we rarely see legit 100 degree temps before you factor in humidity. We usually sit around low-mid 90s in Aug.

ppfft.

That is one thing that really gets me is the humidity in the tropics during our summer.
When I travel to PNG, I cannot begin to explain the humidity. When I drove myself to the airport in the dark at 5:30am on the Friday to Nadzab, Lae, PNG, the rear view mirror in the car is always soaking from the icy cold air cond at the 100% humidity and 30+C temps at 5:30am! The feel like temp at that time is 38C. Once the sun comes up it is unbearable. Brisbane is not quite as bad, but can be at times.
I'm just enjoying our winter right now.

Congratulations Barnsley, hope the nights won't be too sleepless.

Not keen on Bakewells and the other one would just about see me off (but with a smile on my face)

Good news about your wife Walt, must be a relief to you both that her BP is now stablising, keep up the good work on the allotment, don't let the weeds win, I keep looking out of our lounge window and wonder why nobody has bothered to cut our hedge, or should I say triffid.

Those temperature in the US look pretty extreme, can't say I would enjoy that.

A bit of a non-descript weekend really, our eldest son informed us that he is going to Edinburgh in October to go on a ghost tour to, supposedly, the most haunted cemetery in the world and then the underground tunnels which apparently is also very spooky.

Here's to a good week ahead, stay safe and look after yourself and loved ones