Good Morning Thread | Page 341 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

The pacemaker is situated inside and just below my shoulder and has two leads running from it into my heart, when the pacemaker needs replacing they simply take out the old one and put the new one in and then re-attach the leads to to the new one, hopefully in and out of hospital on the same day.

They are just starting "seacations" from various UK ports that are just going around coast of Britain for 3-7 days, I think for double vaccinated adults only.

Is that the Castlemaine XXXX, used to love it, and Swan Lager.

Yes Lija, that's the XXXC Castlemaine beer. Swan Lager is a Western Australian beer, which I used to enjoy, however is no longer in production.

As you can tell from ny confessions thread, in spite of owning a number of rally inspired hot hatches i've never ever received a fixed penalty. My only misdemanours seem to be minor parking offences. Perhaps because there never seems to be enough bloody parking spaces in the first place.

Case in point... went to the beach one monday morning in the car. Muggy, nice enough day but slighly cloudy. The sun certainly didn't have its hat on & wasn't showing its face at all. Everybody back to work, what could possibly go wrong. Well myself & around 3000 other people came up with the same idea. 3 times i circled that bloody car park, 3 times! Then they wonder why people park on excluded zones or grass verges or in parking spaces with little symbols on them.

Always fancied myself a chopper (helicoptor) & have it touch down in the local supermarket car park & wave him off. Come back in 15 minutes. Would love to see the looks on the faces of those standing around.

Look out! Steve's dropping in to pick up his groceries.

Attachments

• HX Chopper.jpg
    HX Chopper.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 2
OK, for anyone, and I know there are some on here, who wish to take the gamble or are not 100% for vaccination, please read this:

Written by a nurse who works with ventilators:

"For people who don't understand what it means to be on a ventilator.

For starters, it's NOT an oxygen mask put over the mouth while the patient is comfortably lying down and reading magazines.

Ventilation for Covid-19 is a painful intubation that goes down your throat and stays there until you live or you die. It is done under anesthesia for 2 to 3 weeks without moving, often upside down, with a tube inserted from the mouth up to the trachea and allows you to breathe to the rhythm of the lung machine.

The patient can't talk or eat, or do anything naturally - the machine keeps you alive. The discomfort and pain they feel from this means medical experts have to administer sedatives and painkillers to ensure tube tolerance for as long as the machine is needed. It's like being in an artificial coma.

After 20 days from this treatment, a young patient loses 40% muscle mass, and gets mouth or vocal cords trauma, as well as possible pulmonary or heart complications.

It is for this reason that old or already weak people can't withstand the treatment and die. Many of us are in this boat ... so stay safe unless you want to take the chance of ending up here. This is NOT the flu.

Add a tube into your stomach, either through your nose or skin for liquid food, a sticky bag around your butt to collect the diarrhea, a Foley to collect urine, an IV for fluids and meds, an A-line f to monitor your BP that is completely dependent upon finely calculated med doses, teams of nurses, CRNA’s and MA’s to reposition your limbs every two hours and lying on a mat that circulates ice cold fluid to help bring down your 104 degree temp.

Anyone want to try all that out? Get vaccinated NOW! AZ or Pfizer, it makes no difference.

OK, for anyone, and I know there are some on here, who wish to take the gamble or are not 100% for vaccination, please read this:

For starters, it's NOT an oxygen mask put over the mouth while the patient is comfortably lying down and reading magazines.

Ventilation for Covid-19 is a painful intubation that goes down your throat and stays there until you live or you die. It is done under anesthesia for 2 to 3 weeks without moving, often upside down, with a tube inserted from the mouth up to the trachea and allows you to breathe to the rhythm of the lung machine.

The patient can't talk or eat, or do anything naturally - the machine keeps you alive. The discomfort and pain they feel from this means medical experts have to administer sedatives and painkillers to ensure tube tolerance for as long as the machine is needed. It's like being in an artificial coma.

After 20 days from this treatment, a young patient loses 40% muscle mass, and gets mouth or vocal cords trauma, as well as possible pulmonary or heart complications.

It is for this reason that old or already weak people can't withstand the treatment and die. Many of us are in this boat ... so stay safe unless you want to take the chance of ending up here. This is NOT the flu.

Add a tube into your stomach, either through your nose or skin for liquid food, a sticky bag around your butt to collect the diarrhea, a Foley to collect urine, an IV for fluids and meds, an A-line f to monitor your BP that is completely dependent upon finely calculated med doses, teams of nurses, CRNA’s and MA’s to reposition your limbs every two hours and lying on a mat that circulates ice cold fluid to help bring down your 104 degree temp.

Anyone want to try all that out? Get vaccinated NOW! AZ or Pfizer, it makes no difference.
Wow , that should be on the front page of every newspaper , magazine , comic , Nintendo machine, packet of crisps , can of coke or anything else the disbelievers see or touch .

If that doesn't encourage people to be fully vaccinated then I don't know what will, as Greavsey said the Spanish Inquisition would have had a field day with that

One for Pompey about birds of t he feathery kind.

I'm not sure if I imagined it, but the other day I heard quite a ruckus from one of our bird feeders and when I looked out of the window I'm sure I saw a smallish bird of prey carrying off a small sparrow.

Would that be possible?
Hey lijaboc, smallish bird of prey, its quite possible at this time of year it was a fledgling/young Sparrow Hawk, they are as fast as fcuk, beautiful strike, we get them on a regular seasonal basis every year, Mrs PY hates it, but as I say to her its the circle of life.

We had one a couple of weeks ago with eyes bigger than belly, it struck at a fat bastard, Pigeon, Pigeon got away, Sparrow hawk lived n learned lol!

You have bird feeders, excellent but remember they become a restaurant for a multitude of birds, so the same for the local birds of prey.

Afternoon all, cloudy, sunny blah blah!

Hod, great post from the Nurse, that, as Walt has already said should be plastered all over the front pages of ours/your papers.

Went up the EVille this morning, chores and catch up cuppa with oppos.
Whilst there I got some excellent news, remember my oppo who suffered with Covid, well he rang me when I was having a cuppa and informed me that the QA has now stopped all his Dialassis, spelling, on his Kidneys n Liver, because its not required anymore, though they did say that they will still keep an eye on him, he is well chuffed as am I for him.

The only downer was that they said he will have to use aid's for the foreciable future whilst walking.

So you want a winter weather forecast from my part of the World?

Saturday - Blue Sky, no wind and 23-24C
Sunday - Blue Sky, no wind and 27C

The perfect cool winters day in Queensland.

Get that inta ye Walt and PY!

Have a great weekend everyone. I wish for healing in all of your bodies and complete recovery from illnesses.

You're all in my thoughts.

Now...let's get this weekend started!

Last edited:

Have a great weekend everyone. I wish for healing in all of your bodies and complete recovery from illnesses.

Winter !!!!!!! That ain’t kin winter !
Wots up wiv yer .

Now , we had something like that the other week , height of our summer . Lasted all of seven days . It was glorious , made all the headlines . Global warming warnings everywhere .
We are going to get this all the time now …. Huh ! …….doom mongers running around everywhere , raving about how the polar ice cap will float down the Thames and flatten Tower Bridge and it will all be my fault cos I bought a dodgy fridge when I got married n 1976 ……. . (Seem to remember it was hot that summer as well , so it must have been someone else’s fault before that )

My mum said if was kin ‘ot when she gave birth to me in September 1949,…. so it wasn’t that fridge then .

And we didn’t have fridges when I was growing up , just a concrete slab in a cupboard in the kitchen . We kept the milk and buhher on that . (Walt …. It’s butter , not buhher )
Maybe the concrete has caused it all .

Whatever , ……the global warming seems to have gone back into its box for a while cos our glorious summer is a downright lot poorer than your kin winter , …… 27 degrees , lovely cool day . !
Gives me the petrol!

Thanks for your wishes Hod .
My thoughts go out to you as well for a dramatic improvement in your health and your families fortunes in the next year , mate .

don’t forget to wrap up warm !!

Morning all , overcast wet and windy this morning .
it was blowing a hoolie yesterday and Wednesday, .

we we went to our friends yesterday for afternoon coffee .
That didn’t last long , coffee I mean !
What were they thinking !
… staggered home late last night …. Not a problem left unsolved in the world .
His fridge was empty so we buggered off , it’s what you do ennit .
no point sitting there with the fridge all empty and laughing at us !

hope you are all good , I’m off to the pub this afternoon , diet starts on Monday !
Take care , look after each other .
Wrap up warm !!!!

A bit blowy here this morning and no rain, so much for Storm Evert, how are you south Coast lads faring with this weather.

Hod, there's a consignment of blankets and hot water bottles on their way to you, can't have you freezing in those sort of temperatures especially when we are baking on 20 degrees.

Who would have thought the global warming would be the fault of a dodgy fridge, Walt I think you should go and come clean to the members of the Global Warming Conference later in Glasgow.

As usual, all of you, and your spouses, with your health problems stay safe and hopefully things will get better for you all. Ex, you have remarkably well to have recovered as you have so far from the COVID, it could have been a whole lot worse.

Enjoy the weekend one and all

Climate change or whatever must catch up with you sooner or later Hodd. We recently moved from the Southern Cape which can get very cold in the winter months, to the Indian Ocean East Coast, whereby even allowing for the fact that we are now 30KM inland, I expected to be 20C plus year round. So far in the space of ten weeks we have had two wretchedly cold spells, with zero degrees recorded at 7AM one day last week, and generally huge swings in temperature between daytime and evening/night time. Back up to 25C today which is pretty much perfect daytime weather, but horrendously I've had to go out and buy a couple of radiator heaters to keep the place warm in the evening.