Good Morning Thread | Page 340 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

147MPH in my Cayenne Turbo. Didn't get caught but my human GPS called me a @$@$!@1$@ lunatic. She doesn't swear very much at all.

And what a great safe car to be doing that speed in. They get there so quickly.

I do miss my Cayenne. It wasn't a Turbo, just the 4.5 V8, but it was tuned and had a custom exhaust.

Drive safe '80!

Attachments

• IMG_4463.JPG
    IMG_4463.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 1
Morning All
Working home this morning. Got some reports I need to complete for the lawyers for court. Then off for the afternoon.
Then off to collect my Timberlands from Timpsons. Resoled the buggers as they are so comfortable if not a little weathered. Hopefully £75 quid well spent!
Just had the insurance assessor here (upstairs bathroom leaked into the front room). Typically they wont meet the plumbers quote of £8K for an entirely new suite. He was a nice guy though. Fingers crossed for decent outcome.
Will take the girls out for the afternoon. Probably for a walk round a nature reserve about an hours drive away. They will piss and moan that its not TikTok or Youtube.
Mrs is up in London for few days with her airy fairy TV people so I can relax!!

Hopefully the insurance pays up Stu and you get the repairs and upgrades you deserve.

You're a good man Stu.

Looks like some pretty nasty floods in parts of London, can't remember which day it was but I think they said it was a month's worth of rain in around 3 hours.

My god Hod 152mph, I get the tremors if the speedo reaches 60mph, the Mustang sounds like a beast of a car.

Good day in Southampton yesterday (sorry Pompey), told that I have another 2 years of battery power remaining. The information held on these pacemakers is amazing, they told me that I had a bit of a blip in January and then from what they gathered on the data I was questioned a few times if I got breathless when exercising. Went for a walk down by the waterfront, there were 3 large cruise ships in dock, P&O's latest one (enormous), Cunard's the Queen Elizabeth, and one from Princess Cruises, probably Sky Princess.

The M27 was pretty chocablock on the way back so we did a detour through the New Forest, stopped for a nice meal in a pub at Lyndhurst. Hadn't been through the New Forest for years, very picturesque.

So Lija, what happens after 2 years? How do they replace the battery without going in? Or do they have to open you up? Just amazing technology to keep such a great man and Yiddo going.

Cruise ships? Are they sitting there empty?

They've been banned from Australian waters since March 2020, after the Ruby Princess saga. Don't tell me people are actually considering going on one of these things???

I love pub meals. After my "speeding incident" on Sunday, Mrs Hod took me to Calypso Bay for a quicky. Had a pint of XXXX and shared a Seafood platter, whilst the band played laid back music.

I think it's called Harrigan's Tavern, pictured below.

Attachments

• Calypso Bay.jpg
    Calypso Bay.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 0
Good morning all ,

There was nothing better than going down the “motorway “ ,….although I don’t think we had motorways back then …….’A Roads …. doing a ton with Led Zeppelin blasting out of my 8 track music player ! Car shaking itself to bits , tyres not balanced properly … no seat belts …… Happy days .

reading about the flooding in London , it’s no surprise really .

the government has allowed almost unregulated extensions to houses , everyone concreting their front gardens for parking , the councils cost saving on road sweeping and drain clearing , house holds dumping all sorts of ‘wet wipes ‘ down the toilet , despite the warnings on the packets , the building and developing of land not suitable for living on , the non winnable battle to clear sewers of fat bergs , which are clearly not designed to cope with what is being dumped into them .

Storm water is finding it has nowhere to go anymore .
There are only so many super sewers that can be built .

Im really enjoying these Olympics , congratulations to all taking part and the host nation .
hope you are all good , look after each other

So Lija, what happens after 2 years? How do they replace the battery without going in? Or do they have to open you up? Just amazing technology to keep such a great man and Yiddo going.

They've been banned from Australian waters since March 2020, after the Ruby Princess saga. Don't tell me people are actually considering going on one of these things???

I love pub meals. After my "speeding incident" on Sunday, Mrs Hod took me to Calypso Bay for a quicky. Had a pint of XXXX and shared a Seafood platter, whilst the band played laid back music.

They still sell 4X , one of my favourite lagers back years ago .
Haven’t seen it here for decades !

MMMmm DB6...very nice.
I did leave out the part that I had an open can of 9% Wild Turkey in the cup holders and two full cans on the front passenger seat. When the cop lit up his dash with blue and red lights, I carefully hid the two cans behind the passenger seat on the floor and very carefully put the half empty can in the center console.

My sphincter puckered after he went back to his car to do a check on my license and returned with a breathalyzer. I blew 0.016 so all good there.
All and all a very good outcome.

Sorry to hear of your incident with the old bill PY. Damn fun police.

Look, I'm all for road safety and believe that these sort of speeds should only be experienced on a race track. Thing is, the damn Mustang can be cruising at 62MPH then you floor it to overtake and within a few seconds I'm doing 120MPH and the thing is still pulling like a freight train.
Love it Hod, I think I have already said this, but 15 years ago when I first bought my Monster Truck Dodge "Daytona" 5.7 hemi magnum v8, I was doing about 70mph on the M27 towards Poole, I was just crossing the bridge for the New Forest turn off, when flashing headlamps from a bloody BMW behind me pissed me off, so kicked down hard, result G-force, black smoke, rear wheels spinning then grip, up the hill on the dual carriageway like a rocket, off the clock speed, no BMW behind me, what an adrenaline rush, I hadn't realised my Yank trucks auto box had such large staged kickdowns, what a rush mate.

Love speed, but I am really a "careful christian" these days, but on a clear bit of motorway I give it some welly, love it, you be sensible mate, I know its hard esp your way lol!

As you can tell from ny confessions thread, in spite of owning a number of rally inspired hot hatches i've never ever received a fixed penalty. My only misdemanours seem to be minor parking offences. Perhaps because there never seems to be enough bloody parking spaces in the first place.

Case in point... went to the beach one monday morning in the car. Muggy, nice enough day but slighly cloudy. The sun certainly didn't have its hat on & wasn't showing its face at all. Everybody back to work, what could possibly go wrong. Well myself & around 3000 other people came up with the same idea. 3 times i circled that bloody car park, 3 times! Then they wonder why people park on excluded zones or grass verges or in parking spaces with little symbols on them.

Always fancied myself a chopper (helicoptor) & have it touch down in the local supermarket car park & wave him off. Come back in 15 minutes. Would love to see the looks on the faces of those standing around.

Last edited:
Afternoon all, Mrs PY just got the latest news on her oppo who was rushed into hospital last week, its seems it was to do with hunger and that she was severely dehydrated, it appears that her Dimensia is so bad that she doesn't recognise her husband of 60+ years, such a sad thing, and would not drink or eat no matter how hard he tried to get her to.

The QA said to their daughter that they were sending mum home, apparently the daughter went off her head at the unfeelingness of them, as in "my dad cannot look after mum, mum will not let him, the dehydration n hunger proves that" if mum is to go home a bloody good care package needs to be in place, not sure what is happening, but my fingers are crossed for them both.

Some naughty drivers about. Stay safe guys. Mine is limited to 155mph but tbh i have only been that speed once in my life and i dont fancy doing it again.

I did recently hand the keys to my 300bhp car to my son who drives a sub 1.0l Vauxhall Corsa 69bhp. We went for a quick blast and the smile on his face said it all. Nice father son moment.

Another bit of good news. Last friday i had a pretty good day at work. I made a phone call to a good customer of mine. In 10 mins i did 200% of my annual target and by then end of the day i was sitting at 250% of target. My Mrs was quite pleased when i got home

I have travelled in DB4, 5, 6 and 6 Vantage at over 100 mph. My favourite was the 4 !!

I once got the loan of a Bentley Continental. I took it to the fuel station at the next motorway junction about 20mls round trip. I put £20 in it and got back with less fuel than i set off with.........That was the most dangerous car ive ever driven, it felt no different at 70/100/130mph

The pacemaker is situated inside and just below my shoulder and has two leads running from it into my heart, when the pacemaker needs replacing they simply take out the old one and put the new one in and then re-attach the leads to to the new one, hopefully in and out of hospital on the same day.

They are just starting "seacations" from various UK ports that are just going around coast of Britain for 3-7 days, I think for double vaccinated adults only.

Is that the Castlemaine XXXX, used to love it, and Swan Lager.

One for Pompey about birds of t he feathery kind.

I'm not sure if I imagined it, but the other day I heard quite a ruckus from one of our bird feeders and when I looked out of the window I'm sure I saw a smallish bird of prey carrying off a small sparrow.

Would that be possible?