Good Morning Thread | Page 339 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Well, I'm not proud of myself...again.

Went for a Sunday drive as I do, in the Mustang, through the Sugar Cane fields to the water. Some nice long straights then very fast tight bends to get the tail out.
On the way back I was behind a learner in a black SUV when it kicked up a stone and chipped my windscreen. Well, I gassed it up and flew past to avoid further damage. A few minutes later I noticed a black SUV going pretty hard in the rear view mirror. I thought to myself, mate, you can't run with a Mustang, so I gunned it upwards of 110 MPH++ (180KPH) and threw it into the bends, which I knew very well.
About 30 seconds later, a car pulled out in front, causing me to slow right down, with the black SUV now closing fast in my rear mirror.
Then, blue and reds lights started flashing on his dash board of said SUV. It was the local constabulary.
Long story short, he was coming towards me shortly after I overtook the learner driver a few KLMS back, and clocked me at 110 KPH in a 90 KPH zone. He did a U turn and chased me!
Wow! what a relief. He is required to keep the speed showing on his device for proof, meaning he couldn't reset to clock me at nearly 200 KPH as he chased me. He was very pleasant, I was relived to only cop 3 demerit points and $275 fine.

Mrs Hod was not impressed with the news, but as she said, I had it coming as I've reached 245KPH (152MPH) on that road at times.
If caught doing these speeds, I'd be jailed, the car would be impounded then crushed, and the fine would be stupendous.

Such a damn idiot. Can't be doing this on public roads.

Have a great Tuesday everyone. And take it easy on the roads. Be safe and love one another.

I've been reading about the floods across different parts of London. I spent the first 40 years of my life in London and I can't remember a single flood. And we used to have torrential downpours.

Is it that the drainage can't cope due to the increasing population and number of houses? I know we've had six of the wettest years on record in the last 20 years but the flooding is due to the volume of water. It's hard to believe that the downpours are significantly more voluminous than in previous times.

I've been reading about the floods across different parts of London. I spent the first 40 years of my life in London and I can't remember a single flood. And we used to have torrential downpours.

Is it that the drainage can't cope due to the increasing population and number of houses? I know we've had six of the wettest years on record in the last 20 years but the flooding is due to the volume of water. It's hard to believe that the downpours are significantly more voluminous than in previous times.

I grew up in Tottenham. I remember many years ago seeing a picture after some violent storms, of a double decker bus stuck in water to just below its upper windows. This was on the North Circular Road at Edmonton beneath a bridge with a big dip in the road close to Pymmes Park and the Odeon(?) cinema.

Looks like some pretty nasty floods in parts of London, can't remember which day it was but I think they said it was a month's worth of rain in around 3 hours.

My god Hod 152mph, I get the tremors if the speedo reaches 60mph, the Mustang sounds like a beast of a car.

Good day in Southampton yesterday (sorry Pompey), told that I have another 2 years of battery power remaining. The information held on these pacemakers is amazing, they told me that I had a bit of a blip in January and then from what they gathered on the data I was questioned a few times if I got breathless when exercising. Went for a walk down by the waterfront, there were 3 large cruise ships in dock, P&O's latest one (enormous), Cunard's the Queen Elizabeth, and one from Princess Cruises, probably Sky Princess.

The M27 was pretty chocablock on the way back so we did a detour through the New Forest, stopped for a nice meal in a pub at Lyndhurst. Hadn't been through the New Forest for years, very picturesque.

Morning All
Working home this morning. Got some reports I need to complete for the lawyers for court. Then off for the afternoon.
Then off to collect my Timberlands from Timpsons. Resoled the buggers as they are so comfortable if not a little weathered. Hopefully £75 quid well spent!
Just had the insurance assessor here (upstairs bathroom leaked into the front room). Typically they wont meet the plumbers quote of £8K for an entirely new suite. He was a nice guy though. Fingers crossed for decent outcome.
Will take the girls out for the afternoon. Probably for a walk round a nature reserve about an hours drive away. They will piss and moan that its not TikTok or Youtube.
Mrs is up in London for few days with her airy fairy TV people so I can relax!!

Well, I'm not proud of myself...again.

Went for a Sunday drive as I do, in the Mustang, through the Sugar Cane fields to the water. Some nice long straights then very fast tight bends to get the tail out.
On the way back I was behind a learner in a black SUV when it kicked up a stone and chipped my windscreen. Well, I gassed it up and flew past to avoid further damage. A few minutes later I noticed a black SUV going pretty hard in the rear view mirror. I thought to myself, mate, you can't run with a Mustang, so I gunned it upwards of 110 MPH++ (180KPH) and threw it into the bends, which I knew very well.
About 30 seconds later, a car pulled out in front, causing me to slow right down, with the black SUV now closing fast in my rear mirror.
Then, blue and reds lights started flashing on his dash board of said SUV. It was the local constabulary.
Long story short, he was coming towards me shortly after I overtook the learner driver a few KLMS back, and clocked me at 110 KPH in a 90 KPH zone. He did a U turn and chased me!
Wow! what a relief. He is required to keep the speed showing on his device for proof, meaning he couldn't reset to clock me at nearly 200 KPH as he chased me. He was very pleasant, I was relived to only cop 3 demerit points and $275 fine.

Mrs Hod was not impressed with the news, but as she said, I had it coming as I've reached 245KPH (152MPH) on that road at times.
If caught doing these speeds, I'd be jailed, the car would be impounded then crushed, and the fine would be stupendous.

Such a damn idiot. Can't be doing this on public roads.

Have a great Tuesday everyone. And take it easy on the roads. Be safe and love one another.

I can't preach from the high ground on this one. I have calmed down a lot compared to my younger years. Driving vans most of the time helps.

I rode 165mph on the M20 in Kent in my former years. I'd had a few pints as well. It wasn't without blue lights either and I ended up in the Maidstone Police Headquarters at Aylesford.

OK, to the rest of the story. I was at the local village fete having a few beers and our cricket captain, one of the fine members of our British police force, was just about to return the squad car. He was all uniformed up and had been showing the pesky kids his new top of the range police Volvo all afternoon. He told me to jump in, as he was just about to go and drop the Volvo off and pickup his own car from the headquarters. Of course, he had to show me the full force of his "work vehicle" and stuck the sirens on. I was playing with the speed guns and tracking other vehicles. I'm not lying about the 165mph, but I wasn't the one driving.

So we were back in our local in record time though. Happy days !!!

I'm not one for speed though. A good stereo and heated seats are my criteria for a good car.

Sorry to hear that Hod, I did mean in the context of the vaccine efficacy itself, not as a general observation.

It looks like this damn thing will continue for years now one way or another.

It's depressing really and getting harder and harder to shake off this general feeling that life will never return to 'normal'.
Along with yourself Ex, others on here who have experienced Covid and the oppo's of mine who have been in the same situation, they all agree and say the same as your "this general feeling that life will never return to "normal" its so sad really.

So I have to ask what about these Conspiracy Theorists Numpties knocking it back all the bloody time, surely its got to be about education, or just pure Left wing propaganda, because every time I hear one of those Numpties gobbing off, I simply say to them "you thick twat" stronger word is actually used, if anything does my fcuking head in, its them, time to cool down me thinks.

Gary, simple answers...
1 Drainage, blockages etc, eg grass cut but not removed, thus into the Drains.
2 Non Dredging of the rivers, can anyone remember the last time this was done, so simple, rivers full of silt thus rising.
3 Building on flood plains, all over the bloody country.
And there are very many more answers.

Looks like some pretty nasty floods in parts of London, can't remember which day it was but I think they said it was a month's worth of rain in around 3 hours.

My god Hod 152mph, I get the tremors if the speedo reaches 60mph, the Mustang sounds like a beast of a car.

Good day in Southampton yesterday (sorry Pompey), told that I have another 2 years of battery power remaining. The information held on these pacemakers is amazing, they told me that I had a bit of a blip in January and then from what they gathered on the data I was questioned a few times if I got breathless when exercising. Went for a walk down by the waterfront, there were 3 large cruise ships in dock, P&O's latest one (enormous), Cunard's the Queen Elizabeth, and one from Princess Cruises, probably Sky Princess.

The M27 was pretty chocablock on the way back so we did a detour through the New Forest, stopped for a nice meal in a pub at Lyndhurst. Hadn't been through the New Forest for years, very picturesque.
lijaboc, as you are a Spurs fan I forgive you, only just mind, saying Southarrrgh, can't bring myself to even write it, the word to be used is SCUM! lol!
Glad all went well regards your pacemaker.

The best part of your day, except of course your heart news, though is the pub meal in Lyndurst, beautiful village, we, Mrs PY and myself have had some lovely times/meals in the said area, the New Forest is a very special place, loads of critturs to enjoy watching.

Woke up extra early this morning at around 5:45AM from a niggling headache. Just as well, as I was going to have to get up soon to start the smoker. We are smoking a 7lb pork shoulder for tonight which means starting it around 6AM (12 hours cook time) . We have neighbors coming over tonight for a "proper " American meal, pulled pork BBQ. I hope it turns out alright. I've only done this a couple of time before with mixed results. I went downstairs and took a tylenol and sat in the recliner until my headache subsided. My wife is the lightest sleeper. I've learned over the years not to make any noise whatsoever when I get up in the morning. If I wake her up, Ill have to hear about how little sleep she gets these days and how she could use more help around the house and with family. With that said, no matter how quiet I am in the morning she will inevitably wake up when I get up. She has learned not to complain about it when I am super quiet, as no human can feasibly be any quieter when getting up then I am. Sure enough she emerges and goes to the fridge to get the meat. She must have had the same thing on her mind (get the pork shoulder going) and she started to put the rub on the pork while I sat in the recliner waiting for the tylenol to kick in. Its 6:30 AM and I do a quick Google search on my laptop to remind myself of the ideal BBQ temperature before I get started. I would normally use my phone but two days ago my phone developed a dead spot on the touch screen. This spot is right where the "M" key is on my touch keyboard. I didn't realize how often I type the letter M until this happened. I restored my phone yesterday to see if it would fix the problem. Unfortunately I will never know, as I need that "M" key to type out my Apple ID to login. This absorbed about 3 hours of time yesterday. So my phone is completely useless today. I'm going to have to make a visit to the Apple Store to have it looked at some point today. Babysitting the BBQ for several hours without a phone is going to present a 21st Century inconvenience and some boredom. I guess Ill take in the moment and live the next few hours as I used to do before smartphones were a thing. My smoker is not the best and I am going to have to babysit it most of the day to make sure the temp is pretty consistent. I think I'll have a few pints and light up a cigar for the next few hours. Yesterday felt like nearly 100 degrees. It is supposed to be a bit cooler today.

Hod, man after my own heart, speeding lol!

In 1989 I got a 6 month ban for speeding, I was driving a DB6 on the North bound carriage way towards Watford from the M25/A3 junction, had just gone through the M4 interchange when, you got it Blue lights, pulled over, the Old Bill said do you know how fast you were going, me nah! wasn't looking at the clock, any way its 3 in the bloody morning and there ain't nobody about except us 3 lol! not impressed, loads of further questions, breathalyser, clean, ticket given with a further warning, it appears I was doing 145 mph, got where I was going, end of, never been caught again lol!

I grew up in Tottenham. I remember many years ago seeing a picture after some violent storms, of a double decker bus stuck in water to just below its upper windows. This was on the North Circular Road at Edmonton beneath a bridge with a big dip in the road close to Pymmes Park and the Odeon(?) cinema.
It happened during my childhood albeit not on this level. It is thankfully quite uncommon.

Hod, man after my own heart, speeding lol!

In 1989 I got a 6 month ban for speeding, I was driving a DB6 on the North bound carriage way towards Watford from the M25/A3 junction, had just gone through the M4 interchange when, you got it Blue lights, pulled over, the Old Bill said do you know how fast you were going, me nah! wasn't looking at the clock, any way its 3 in the bloody morning and there ain't nobody about except us 3 lol! not impressed, loads of further questions, breathalyser, clean, ticket given with a further warning, it appears I was doing 145 mph, got where I was going, end of, never been caught again lol!

MMMmm DB6...very nice.
I did leave out the part that I had an open can of 9% Wild Turkey in the cup holders and two full cans on the front passenger seat. When the cop lit up his dash with blue and red lights, I carefully hid the two cans behind the passenger seat on the floor and very carefully put the half empty can in the center console.

My sphincter puckered after he went back to his car to do a check on my license and returned with a breathalyzer. I blew 0.016 so all good there.
All and all a very good outcome.

Sorry to hear of your incident with the old bill PY. Damn fun police.

Look, I'm all for road safety and believe that these sort of speeds should only be experienced on a race track. Thing is, the damn Mustang can be cruising at 62MPH then you floor it to overtake and within a few seconds I'm doing 120MPH and the thing is still pulling like a freight train.

I rode 165mph on the M20 in Kent in my former years. I'd had a few pints as well. It wasn't without blue lights either and I ended up in the Maidstone Police Headquarters at Aylesford.

OK, to the rest of the story. I was at the local village fete having a few beers and our cricket captain, one of the fine members of our British police force, was just about to return the squad car. He was all uniformed up and had been showing the pesky kids his new top of the range police Volvo all afternoon. He told me to jump in, as he was just about to go and drop the Volvo off and pickup his own car from the headquarters. Of course, he had to show me the full force of his "work vehicle" and stuck the sirens on. I was playing with the speed guns and tracking other vehicles. I'm not lying about the 165mph, but I wasn't the one driving.

So we were back in our local in record time though. Happy days !!!

I'm not one for speed though. A good stereo and heated seats are my criteria for a good car.

Sounds like fun Mutters doing 165MPH in a Volvo, however I'm a terrible passenger and would be very uncomfortable with someone else behind the wheel at that sort of speed.

I was starting to feel better about myself after reading your first paragraph, then my heart sunk when I realized I am the only real speed junky on here.

Alas, PY and '80 have a similar condition to myself.