Good Morning Thread | Page 335 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Looks like you got away with that one Lijaboc .
he would have come down on me like a ton
of bricks if I had said that .
Thanks for your wishes mate . Things are moving in the right direction at last .
There has been a CQC investigation instigated on our surgery , or medical centre as they like to call themselves these days .
If you dig deep enough you can find out loads of things .
Needed it as well .
They don’t like it up them .
The Practice was found to be in need of a giant kick up the arse , and told to start getting their fingers out and treating patients with the care they needed .
Answering the fucking phone would help!

That’s not the exact phraseology that was used , but you get my drift .

Your problem with the BP monitor falling out of your top pocket mirrored a problem I had once .
I was at one of the building sites I was running and had to use the portaloo .
Now these things are best avoided at any time , but this day day I just had to use it .

I always , up to that day , kept my mobile phone in my top pocket of my shirt , in the summer …….. you can guess the rest .
There was no way I was going to fish that phone out . Ever .
I wasn’t very popular with my boss .

I get a load of shit phone calls these days....is it you Walt!

I get a load of shit phone calls these days....is it you Walt!
If you work , or pretend to work , in our Medical Centre , then the answer is yes mate .. tis me .
Do you get a load of shit calls or a shit load of calls . There is a difference !!!!!!!

How many scam calls do we get these days .
My wife’s Uncle , supposed to be a clever bloke , been there and done it all , got scammed last week , fell for some bloke who phoned him saying there was a problem on his internet , and he had to give him his password and he would sort it out on the spot , then charged him £299- 99 . AND HE PAID IT , There and then on PayPal .
PayPal are refusing to give him his money back .
Unbelievable .

Good to know, be careful, full immunity will still be a few weeks away.

The infection numbers now are horrible.

What's this full immunity you talk about? I had my first Ox AZ jab in March, second in June and had COVID about 3 weeks after my second.

I've been released today from self isolation. I feel stronger than most with 2 jabs in me and my own antibodies on top. Not that I know which variant my antibodies are protecting me from. They don't tell you that important information when you get your PCR results back.

Not complaining though. I feel OK. Looking forward to getting in the gym and testing my body against my normal programs. Also, looking forward to swinging a club as well.

Does anyone know exactly who these infection numbers belong to .
Are they non vaccinated people .

The biggest/fastest growing infection group is 20-35 year olds, and most haven't had the jabs.

I want to wring their dumb necks; on Monday I heard from a business contact, her sister (27) who was pregnant hadn't had the jabs, she was in intensive care fighting for her life with covid, two days ago they 'delivered' the baby - it is now in intensive care, The girl died yesterday, it was too late to save her.

My friend as you can imagine is distraught and it looks like further bad news will follow shortly as the opinion expressed to her is that the baby is unlikely to make it.

And yes, it was all avoidable.

Last edited:
What's this full immunity you talk about? I had my first Ox AZ jab in March, second in June and had COVID about 3 weeks after my second.

I've been released today from self isolation. I feel stronger than most with 2 jabs in me and my own antibodies on top. Not that I know which variant my antibodies are protecting me from. They don't tell you that important information when you get your PCR results back.

Not complaining though. I feel OK. Looking forward to getting in the gym and testing my body against my normal programs. Also, looking forward to swinging a club as well.

'Full immunity' in respect of the vaccines maximum efficacy, but as we know that's not 100% effective, none of them are.

I've seen the state of those portaloos at some music festivals Walt, I would have to think twice about fishing my wife out of one if she ever fell in.

Glad you have got things moving in the right direction with your wife, hope it stays that way. We had a problem with our eldest son's surgery a couple of years ago, he has to have an injection every 3 months, around April 2019 I had a text from him to say that he was at the hospital as his surgery had given him the wrong injection, they had injected him with a drug used in the treatment for depression and pschycotic patients, result was he was signed off from work for 5 weeks, had to spend most of the time back living at home with us as he was like a zombie for most of the time, when he wasn't sleeping. Reluctantly we complained to the NHs and applied for compensation through a solicitor, and even though both the surgery and NHS acknowledged the error and apologised it took just over a year for him to receive £3.5K compensation.

Nick, I am very jealous of your knowledge of antiques, just wish I had half of that and be able to put a value on those sort of things.

Looks like the end is nigh (heatwave wise) for a while and waiting for the weekend deluge.

Onwards and upwards to all us long suffering Spurs supporters

That is tragic news about the poor girl Ex, what a terrible time for her parents, the sooner everybody gets fully vaccinated the better. Just hope and pray the somehow the baby pulls through.

These scam calls are a disgrace and it is so easy to fall for them, a friend of mine got scammed in the same as your wife's uncle and got stung for over £300, the only ones I've had lately were from (supposedly) the DWP and Tax Office both saying that I have committed fraudulent crimes and if I didn't ring a certain number I would face imminent arrest, totally ignored them but just to be on the safe I've been hiding in the attic for the last two weeks.

Good to hear that you are now out of isolation Muttley and getting back to full strength

Morning all. Sunny here north of St Albans with a breeze and a bit of hazy cloud. Just off to the allotment. Plenty of picking to do. Courgettes going mad and loads of raspberries. Will be carrots and early potatoes tomorrow!

Talking of courgette, made some chunky spicy courgette chutney yesterday. First time at this and the first taste after was surprisingly good. Looking forward to this with all sorts of meals, even replacing spicy mango chutney, but especially on toast topped with this chutney, topped with extra mature cheddar and grilled. To be enjoyed I think!

Have made loads of jam. Neighbours beware! It’s only me that eats jam so unless Mrs54 makes Victoria sponge cake which uses very little we shall have more jam than Sainsbury’s- as Walt says other stores are available!

Played golf at Woburn on Wednesday, the Marquess course for those that know the set up there. What a great course! A real challenge in the very hot sun. Enjoyed it thoroughly and very fortunate to be invited. More golf today at my club. An old friend is up from Devon so will be good to catch up.

Think that’s it for now. The allotment calls! Keep safe everyone and keep posting on this great thread!

If you work , or pretend to work , in our Medical Centre , then the answer is yes mate .. tis me .
Do you get a load of shit calls or a shit load of calls . There is a difference !!!!!!!

How many scam calls do we get these days .
My wife’s Uncle , supposed to be a clever bloke , been there and done it all , got scammed last week , fell for some bloke who phoned him saying there was a problem on his internet , and he had to give him his password and he would sort it out on the spot , then charged him £299- 99 . AND HE PAID IT , There and then on PayPal .
PayPal are refusing to give him his money back .
Unbelievable .

I love the scam calls....as Blondie sang....I leave em .....'hangin on the telephone'.....ha ha then when the eventually hang up I block the call ...sometimes I play em along and say...ok hold on just off to get my bank card to give you the details...never to return .ha ha.....unfortunately I have blocked some numbers i did not really want to block....heh ho! Safer than being sorry.,...unfortunately in todays world you have to be totally untrusting and assume the worse so it seems...gone are the days of an honourable hand shake.

Wankers those not getting the jabs.......totally illogical ....and lookk what happens...people die, get long covid and if in the younger age group their lives get ruined........and worse they are selfish and put everyone at risk.

Anyway Harry looks like he is on his way....slight payrise eh!

Have a good one guys and keep away from 25-35 age somethings..

I've seen the state of those portaloos at some music festivals Walt, I would have to think twice about fishing my wife out of one if she ever fell in.

Glad you have got things moving in the right direction with your wife, hope it stays that way. We had a problem with our eldest son's surgery a couple of years ago, he has to have an injection every 3 months, around April 2019 I had a text from him to say that he was at the hospital as his surgery had given him the wrong injection, they had injected him with a drug used in the treatment for depression and pschycotic patients, result was he was signed off from work for 5 weeks, had to spend most of the time back living at home with us as he was like a zombie for most of the time, when he wasn't sleeping. Reluctantly we complained to the NHs and applied for compensation through a solicitor, and even though both the surgery and NHS acknowledged the error and apologised it took just over a year for him to receive £3.5K compensation.

Nick, I am very jealous of your knowledge of antiques, just wish I had half of that and be able to put a value on those sort of things.

Looks like the end is nigh (heatwave wise) for a while and waiting for the weekend deluge.

Onwards and upwards to all us long suffering Spurs supporters

The true value or achievable price needs some judgement based in market trends, condition and previous sales history. But the real power is being able to identify at a glance and act quickly. I recognise and remember well and am a shrewd negotiator.
Or as Walt and Pomp would say....a fleecer!!

I just read your last comment as " I'm looking forward to going to a swinging club as well."

😆