Good Morning Thread | Page 314 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Well done Hod . Hats off to you , Here’s to a speedy recovery . You and your family have been through it over the last eighteen months so let’s hope this is another step in the right direction .
Don’t try an rush the recovery and for once , do as you are told !!!!!
Good luck mate . Keep us informed , we want to know the minute details of every grain you flush out .
It was kin cold last night , we had the fucking heating in for an hour ! The longest day of the year , the summer solstice, high season , it pissed down all day ! Central heating on . !!!

Global Warming my arse !!

Allotment is only fit for rice !
Going up the pub !

keep well , Look after each other. Stay safe .

Stay well Hod , get home soon and put your feet up . Thinking of you .

Hi all! Just ben reading through all the posts and catching up on the day in the lives of the VS family. Great to see everyone is busy, and getting out and about.

Had the operation on Friday. Stones blasted and apparently the surgeon collects the bits in a basket then pulls it out through the "old fella'. I woke up in recovery with a garden hose sized catheter. The pain was damn intense pre op until they removed what I later learned was a two pronged catheter (two sperate tubes) a bout 30 hours after the op. So far so good. Kidneys hurt like a bastard after them rooting around in there, and now all the anesthetic has worn off.

Hoping you cut in the arm heals quick PY. Hoping you get the money back on the helicopter joy flight Walt.

Keep an eye out for Tits at the allotment. That would be the only thing that would entice me to do a spot of gardening!

Enjoy the Euros, (Go Scotland!) bird watching, bird feeding, gardening and vinyl.

ouch ouch ouch ...but at least the worst is over Hodd.....What you need is The Rolling Stones and not Hard Rock! (grunge) (y)

Hi all! Just ben reading through all the posts and catching up on the day in the lives of the VS family. Great to see everyone is busy, and getting out and about.

Had the operation on Friday. Stones blasted and apparently the surgeon collects the bits in a basket then pulls it out through the "old fella'. I woke up in recovery with a garden hose sized catheter. The pain was damn intense pre op until they removed what I later learned was a two pronged catheter (two sperate tubes) a bout 30 hours after the op. So far so good. Kidneys hurt like a bastard after them rooting around in there, and now all the anesthetic has worn off.

Hoping you cut in the arm heals quick PY. Hoping you get the money back on the helicopter joy flight Walt.

Keep an eye out for Tits at the allotment. That would be the only thing that would entice me to do a spot of gardening!

Enjoy the Euros, (Go Scotland!) bird watching, bird feeding, gardening and vinyl.
Makes me wince just reading your post Hodd. Had the catheter treatment many years ago after a bladder neck operation, but remember how bloody painful and unpleasant it was. Trust that the worst is over and that you now have a speedy recovery.

Hod that's great that you have come through your op, all things will be rosey now, good on yer.
As for my cut, it was/is only a 1/2 inch scratch, but as I am on blood thinners it bled like battle massacre, thanks for the good wishes and the same back to yourself.
Cheers mate.

Thanks VS Family for all the kind wishes. Really means a lot. Went back to work on Tuesday, but today, Wednesday, at work, I'm feeling like absolute crap. The nausea, stomach pain and kidney pain is very unpleasant. I can handle the pain, but the nausea...well you can shove that up yer arse.

Well Scotland are not surprising anyone in the Euro's.
The one result that did surprise me was the 0-0 draw with England.....thought we'd beat them 3 or 4 nil. :ROFLMAO:.

A few Covid out breaks in Sydney has brought about a "hot spot" declaration of certain areas. Queensland has closed it's borders to anyone who has been in these zones.

I really feel for the couple who have received special permission by our PM to fly from the USA to Aust to say goodbye to their dying father. He is on his last legs in a Brisbane Hospital but the son and his wife flew into Sydney on a private jet. Our PM has written them a letter showing so much compassion, but our bitch of a Premier in Queensland will not permit the couple to enter QLD to say goodbye to him.
The couple are fully vaccinated and will use the private jet to fly from Sydney to Brisbane, and wear Haz Mat suits if need be, but no. Our Premier of QLD and state health minister are a f**king joke.

Makes me sick. Also, it's a disincentive to get vaccinated as far as many Australians are concerned. With the slow take up in vaccinations here, they should be doing everything to encourage it. The Govt have recently now advised against anyone under 60 from getting the AZ vax. Previously it was over 50's only. Our leaders both Federal and state are useless.

As I was sitting in the waiting room on Monday to receive my 2nd AZ vax, I'm staring at the huge sign on the wall saying DO NOT have the AZ vax if you're under 60 and I'm 55!!!!.

:death:

Good morning all , good to hear you are out and about Hod , sorry about the nausea , and Scotland , are they connected????
Hope everyone is ok , the sun is shining here , I’m off up to the paddy fields , Greavsie was right about floating plants . !!!
Short and sweet today , lots to do . Take care all .
If you are NOT on the EUROPEAN PREDICTOR LIST get yourself on it . Double Quick
you don’t have to be on the DOMESTIC prediction list , you can be on that or not , it’s not a requirement for the numbers we need .
Look after each other,

Afternoon all, sun, cloud, breeze got it all ere, just waiting for the rain lol!

Mrs PY had a 20min dip in her Hot tub, great investment it really does wonders for her.

Once all dry, we went outside again this morning, to the drive frontage then lo n behold round the corner onto the public path for about 12 steps, had nosey, then tight grip of my hand we returned, she is getting there, slowly but surely, bless her, am so proud of her.

Once indoors, I made her a cuppa, she then said get you tape measure out and measure up the kitchen cos I want new work surfaces and 600 x 400mm or 24inch x 16inch, old money, tiles all round, so got a job to do, not for about 2 months though, mmm!
She went on further to say Grey Sparkle worktops with Stone Silver Porcelain Tiles, ok love! as you have obviously been searching, where from I said, Wickes was the reply, so off to my laptop to search Wickes, got it all noted, price etc, so now await the order to start.

I said to her you do know I do all the cooking, so am happy as it is, reply short n sweet your a geezer, we women know better, that told me eh!

Am off in a while to mow the bleedin lawn, growing like a bloody lunatic.

Cheers all look after yourselves, kin and oppo's.

Afternoon all, sun, cloud, breeze got it all ere, just waiting for the rain lol!

Mrs PY had a 20min dip in her Hot tub, great investment it really does wonders for her.

Once all dry, we went outside again this morning, to the drive frontage then lo n behold round the corner onto the public path for about 12 steps, had nosey, then tight grip of my hand we returned, she is getting there, slowly but surely, bless her, am so proud of her.

Once indoors, I made her a cuppa, she then said get you tape measure out and measure up the kitchen cos I want new work surfaces and 600 x 400mm or 24inch x 16inch, old money, tiles all round, so got a job to do, not for about 2 months though, mmm!
She went on further to say Grey Sparkle worktops with Stone Silver Porcelain Tiles, ok love! as you have obviously been searching, where from I said, Wickes was the reply, so off to my laptop to search Wickes, got it all noted, price etc, so now await the order to start.

I said to her you do know I do all the cooking, so am happy as it is, reply short n sweet your a geezer, we women know better, that told me eh!

Am off in a while to mow the bleedin lawn, growing like a bloody lunatic.

Cheers all look after yourselves, kin and oppo's.
Good to see that you know your place Pompey .
And it’s clearly not on your back on a sun bed !!!!
really glad for you both that your wife is getting more and more mobile .
If I were you I would nobble her ,,though !!!! laptop

Good to see that you know your place Pompey .
And it’s clearly not on your back on a sun bed !!!!
really glad for you both that your wife is getting more and more mobile .
If I were you I would nobble her ,,though !!!! laptop
Afternoon Walt and everyone else.

Yes I do know my place, big hard ruffy tuffy ex-military, its about taking orders, Yes Maam! cant get away from it.
I put the order in with Wickes this morning, paid, delivery date Mon 13th Sept, made sure it was the day after my birthday lol!
Mind Mrs PY is now chuffed, Kitchen to be done, then came another bombshell, my bloody wallet is crying, she now wants 2 no Fridge Freezers in black, to replace the other 2 White ones which we have had for 22 years, once I have finished all the Kitchen works.

This morning, Mrs PY had another dip in her Hot Tub, then when dry went outside the front, down the drive n round the corner of our wall up to the neighbour's gaff, quick nosey about, then back indoors, she is doing really well am so proud of her.

Update! oppo in hospital, still there, he is well pissed, Council or Association still not got him a ground floor flat, the is it cos am English and a Vet? question being asked on a regular basis now.
He has already been accused of being racist, what the fcuk is that all about.

My other "Walter Mitty" oppo is doing well, we decided, well I did, no mention of anything we know to him.

Finally my knee is heeling and feels a lot better, started light leg work outs now, Calf raises 60kg(132lbs), Squats 50kg(110lbs), single Leg extensions 20kg(44lbs), all going very well.

Any how cheers for now, look after yourselves and one another.

Afternoon Walt and everyone else.

Yes I do know my place, big hard ruffy tuffy ex-military, its about taking orders, Yes Maam! cant get away from it.
I put the order in with Wickes this morning, paid, delivery date Mon 13th Sept, made sure it was the day after my birthday lol!
Mind Mrs PY is now chuffed, Kitchen to be done, then came another bombshell, my bloody wallet is crying, she now wants 2 no Fridge Freezers in black, to replace the other 2 White ones which we have had for 22 years, once I have finished all the Kitchen works.

This morning, Mrs PY had another dip in her Hot Tub, then when dry went outside the front, down the drive n round the corner of our wall up to the neighbour's gaff, quick nosey about, then back indoors, she is doing really well am so proud of her.

Update! oppo in hospital, still there, he is well pissed, Council or Association still not got him a ground floor flat, the is it cos am English and a Vet? question being asked on a regular basis now.
He has already been accused of being racist, what the fcuk is that all about.

My other "Walter Mitty" oppo is doing well, we decided, well I did, no mention of anything we know to him.

Finally my knee is heeling and feels a lot better, started light leg work outs now, Calf raises 60kg(132lbs), Squats 50kg(110lbs), single Leg extensions 20kg(44lbs), all going very well.

Any how cheers for now, look after yourselves and one another.
Sounds like it’s all going well Pompey . Your wife will be jumping the wall soon to go down the road . Good for her . It does seem to have been a lot better for her since you got the hot tub .
Do you agree .?
I know a lot of people that have found the heat abroad is good for their aches and pains .
Mate of mine , his wife could hardly walk when they lived in England with arthritic pains in her back and legs . She never had those pains on holiday , and they returned when they got home.

They moved a few years back to Spain and she can walk easily now . No more pain killers either .

So , your birthday is the 12 th September . ? Mine is the 11 th .

. I did a ton of weed removing yesterday , all by hand , on my knees nearly all day . The soil was wet and they came up pretty easy.
My back was in agony when I got home .
Couple of pints of Carlsberg Export and a nice gold watch at eleven pm and I slept like a baby .
Take care all . Look after each other. Don’t get complacent .

Found out a few things on here lately .
You can DM up to five people at once , but not more than that.

If you edit your text on a DM message that you have sent , you only have five minutes to do that , otherwise you get timed out .
It won’t let you back in at all. No matter how you try .
Even turning the whole thing off and going back in , it won’t have it !
just so you know ,, You’re welcome .

So, finally booked our summer holiday in Palm Cove, Far North Queensland from 29th Dec to 8th Jan. At this stage we'll drive up there from Brisbane. approx 2,000klm there and 2000klms back. Looking at the option of flying the 3 of us up then hiring a car during our stay, but car hire prices are $4500 for that period and if we fly up we won't have the jetski to play with.
Accommodation rates are also through the roof. $655 (352 Quid) per night without breakfast! They're just slogging us due to zero overseas travelers coming in and none of us permitted to travel overseas. Captive audience.... Ah well.

I'm so pleased to hear Mrs PY is getting a lot more mobile by the day. Take it easy with your knee PY. Don't go too hard too soon mate.
What's this with Walt blaming his sore back on weeding! Sounds more like shaggers back to me!

In for a cold wet weekend in my part of the world. Low 20's I hear. Winter has well & truly set in, yet I can't bring myself to wear a jacket during the day, unlike many soft c**k Aussies who don beanies and puffer jackets when the temp dips under 25C.

Well it's Friday afternoon, and I think I'll head off home real soon.

Enjoy your Friday everyone, take care, stay safe and have a great weekend!

So, finally booked our summer holiday in Palm Cove, Far North Queensland from 29th Dec to 8th Jan. At this stage we'll drive up there from Brisbane. approx 2,000klm there and 2000klms back. Looking at the option of flying the 3 of us up then hiring a car during our stay, but car hire prices are $4500 for that period and if we fly up we won't have the jetski to play with.
Accommodation rates are also through the roof. $655 (352 Quid) per night without breakfast! They're just slogging us due to zero overseas travelers coming in and none of us permitted to travel overseas. Captive audience.... Ah well.

I'm so pleased to hear Mrs PY is getting a lot more mobile by the day. Take it easy with your knee PY. Don't go too hard too soon mate.
What's this with Walt blaming his sore back on weeding! Sounds more like shaggers back to me!

In for a cold wet weekend in my part of the world. Low 20's I hear. Winter has well & truly set in, yet I can't bring myself to wear a jacket during the day, unlike many soft c**k Aussies who don beanies and puffer jackets when the temp dips under 25C.

Well it's Friday afternoon, and I think I'll head off home real soon.

Enjoy your Friday everyone, take care, stay safe and have a great weekend!
Wearing a jacket ? What is this thing ? Anything near sixteen degrees and I’m in a
T-shirt.
I can’t stand wearing jeans or trousers,,at any time of the year . Obviously I wear them if we go out , but other than that , I’m in shorts all year round .
Even on the allotment , shorts and an old pair of trainers , no socks , just something a bit warmer , a sweatshirt over a T-shirt in the winter .
My wife thinks I’m having an affair if I go out , up the pub , say, in jeans !!!!!

So , you have a holiday to look forward to , well done mate . Hope you are feeling better and not nauseous anymore .
£350 a night is a bit much for us Brits ! £100 with a breakfast is probably the going rate for a room , on a B&B basis .
Obviously you can pay a lot more , no matter where you are .
Friends of ours just hired a Two berth Stationary Caravan on a site near the beach where we live , for a week , for what you are paying a night .
The site normally has a swimming pool and a really good club house , but they are shut at the moment due to good old Covid . So it would probably be a lot dearer otherwise .

Having a holiday is a dream at the moment . We both feel safe in our environment, and whilst the plebs are saying about all this about staying at “home “ for a holiday , they call them staycations ,,(I hate those phrases , Brexit was another one)…. , I don’t think I could trust the other people around me ,
I do go to the pub , but I know those people , I have trust in them , if a person I don’t know comes in , I just hope they don’t sit near me !!!
Any how , that’s just me .
Hope you have a brilliant holiday., I think you need it .
Stay safe mate , keep posting .