Good Morning Thread | Page 264 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Good morning all , lovely day out there . Gardening day I think . Allotment almost ready for the summer so I’m going to give the garden my attention today ,
We still haven’t sorted out our new “new” seating area .

We have our two eldest grandsons coming for breakfast ( late breakfast around eleven ) on Tuesday .
Sat in the garden with what they like , Smashed Avocados on toast !!!!!!
Never ever seen it or tasted it .
These two are Twenty five and Twenty . The youngest was due to be in Florida last year as part of his uni education . He is off to Louisiana this August for a year if everything pans out ok .
Corporate Lawyer degree .

The eldest is studying for Accountancy at the moment .

Will be lovely to see them .
They can only stay for about an hour because they are so busy ,,,,,

Oh Well.

Im not sure I’m looking forward to the game today or not , I’m not expecting us to do anything and I wouldn’t be surprised to see us get hammered and embarrassed like we did to them at their place .

Perversely , I would welcome it as it would expose the whole situation . We really can’t go on the way we are .
Then again , it could be the ignition to a run in for a top four spot , but I think I’m talking bollox as usual, there .

I seem to remember we were in the same situation last year for the last nine games . Trying to qualify for Europe .
I can still see the way the coaching team celebrated when we confirmed our place in the EL.

What a lot of dross on tv last last night , Saturday night used to be the best night for entertainment.
I can see your voice !!!!!!! With Paddy Mc fucking Guinness
Whatever that was on ITV with Vernon Kin Kay !!!
It’s an insult to people’s intelligence !
Jonathon Ross hardly lifted the bar either !!!!
Then there was a rehash of bullseye ! Alan Carr , !
I gave up in the end , well , well before the end . I was trying to find Bigfoot in the American wilderness on you tube .
Far more interesting .
Lots of people have seen him but can only get fuzzy photos and fleeting glimpses on video .
Very nice of them to put the videos on there .

Hope you all have a great day , hope Jose does too ,
Look after each other.
Stay alert , keep as socially distant as our back four practice against the opposition attackers !

Afternoon all, cloudy/sunny start to the afternoon.

"Baggy trousers" a yes a named Bantam has gone all bleedin broody on me, so got to get her out of the box 3-4 times a day until its over, otherwise she will not come out and just simply starve to death, weird! ain't it.

Normal Sunday chores to do in the garden, aviary, wild critturs, general tidying up etc.

Have a great time Walt with your grandkids, unfortunately we never see ours, and we have 13 of em, that's another story.

Got informed yesterday Mrs PY and me will be getting our 2nd jab in 3 weeks.

Trying to get excited for the game this afternoon, unsuccessful I may add.

Well time to go, speak later, keep yourselves and your kin safe.
They the numpties are still out there.

Afternoon all, cloudy/sunny start to the afternoon.

"Baggy trousers" a yes a named Bantam has gone all bleedin broody on me, so got to get her out of the box 3-4 times a day until its over, otherwise she will not come out and just simply starve to death, weird! ain't it.

Normal Sunday chores to do in the garden, aviary, wild critturs, general tidying up etc.

Have a great time Walt with your grandkids, unfortunately we never see ours, and we have 13 of em, that's another story.

Got informed yesterday Mrs PY and me will be getting our 2nd jab in 3 weeks.

Trying to get excited for the game this afternoon, unsuccessful I may add.

Well time to go, speak later, keep yourselves and your kin safe.
They the numpties are still out there.
We have ten of the buggers ,
25, 24 , 20 , 15, 12, 11, 9, 6, and two four year olds . They keep us poor but wouldn’t change them for the world .

Pompey , we have a Great Spotted Woodpecker in one of our trees . What a beautiful bird , but what a weird noise it makes .
It’s been there for a few days now .
Our Grandkids the eldest is 22 the youngest 4, I still have my dosh lol!

Great Spotted Woodie, biggest of em in Britain, its sound is very repetative lol! though its slower than the other 2 species, what you probably are hearing is its throat song together with its wood bashing looking for grubs/nosh.

Our Grandkids the eldest is 22 the youngest 4, I still have my dosh lol!

Great Spotted Woodie, biggest of em in Britain, its sound is very repetative lol! though its slower than the other 2 species, what you probably are hearing is its throat song together with its wood bashing looking for grubs/nosh.
Yeah , it’s a weird noise . I’ve heard it for a few days and didn’t know what it was . Just before the game today , my wife heard it and traced it to the tree , that’s when I saw it .
We now have a bird spotting catalogue thing and it was so obviously the beautiful woodpecker .

We have had green ones that hop about on the ground quite a bit , for a while now .
We had Gold Finches in the garden as well during the week .
Blackbirds have nested in next doors bush ,I said to her , our lovely neighbour, how impressed I was was with her bush ! How lovely it looked . She was pleased !

Two Robins are nesting in next doors garden on the other side .

The missle thrushes are not nesting in our eaves this year for some bizzare reason!

I love it , I’m getting the bug for birdwatching !

Happy Monday Morning. Finally cooling down here is Brisbane. Was 33 degrees yesterday but cooled down nicely overnight.

Mrs Hod, Hod Jr and myself headed off yesterday at 6:30am for my sons friendly match 180 klms away. My son played awful. We've watched him go from the class of the pack that everyone admires to very average over the last few years.

During the long drive to the game, I gave a pep talk about making runs into channels and that he may have to make 6 or 7 runs before his team mates actually send him the right pass, but that's all he needs. I discussed using both feet. whilst in possession with defenders nipping at his heals to protect the ball. etc etc etc.

In one ear and out the other. His lack of match fitness really affected his ability to do his "thing".

He did score a worldly from 25 years top left corner, but that was it.

In the car on the way home he was nearly in tears. His entire body, including his ankles, knees and back were so sore. Ay 15 y.o I explained that he needs to make some choices from here on in. At this level he can no longer come home from school, do his homework then don the head phones as he hooks up with mates and plays computer games.

Home work comes first, and then football. In our day we had no other distractions, apart from girls which eventually took me away from the game for some time.

He has a God given talent. He is seriously unbelievable, but he's now at the stage in life when ability alone is not enough. He's our 4th son to go through this, but is clearly the most talented.

The joys of father hood.

Sporting the mother of all hangovers today. Wild Turkey sweating from my pores. Big boss will be in soon so I'd better pull myself together.

Have a great day everyone and don't get too down on our Club.

Why stress about things we can't change. Nobody said being a Yid was a breeze.

Yeah , it’s a weird noise . I’ve heard it for a few days and didn’t know what it was . Just before the game today , my wife heard it and traced it to the tree , that’s when I saw it .
We now have a bird spotting catalogue thing and it was so obviously the beautiful woodpecker .

We have had green ones that hop about on the ground quite a bit , for a while now .
We had Gold Finches in the garden as well during the week .
Blackbirds have nested in next doors bush ,I said to her , our lovely neighbour, how impressed I was was with her bush ! How lovely it looked . She was pleased !

Two Robins are nesting in next doors garden on the other side .

The missle thrushes are not nesting in our eaves this year for some bizzare reason!

I love it , I’m getting the bug for birdwatching !
Walt I am really chuffed for you, all them critturs arriving to make their home's in your area.

Getting the "bug" is quite magical, sitting and watching them go about their daily business is so calming and wonderful.

Keep it going mate, esp with the British Birds Catalogue in hand.

To be honest when I get stressed I sit at the garden table, beer in hand, and just sit and watch.

Happy Monday Morning. Finally cooling down here is Brisbane. Was 33 degrees yesterday but cooled down nicely overnight.

Mrs Hod, Hod Jr and myself headed off yesterday at 6:30am for my sons friendly match 180 klms away. My son played awful. We've watched him go from the class of the pack that everyone admires to very average over the last few years.

During the long drive to the game, I gave a pep talk about making runs into channels and that he may have to make 6 or 7 runs before his team mates actually send him the right pass, but that's all he needs. I discussed using both feet. whilst in possession with defenders nipping at his heals to protect the ball. etc etc etc.

In one ear and out the other. His lack of match fitness really affected his ability to do his "thing".

He did score a worldly from 25 years top left corner, but that was it.

In the car on the way home he was nearly in tears. His entire body, including his ankles, knees and back were so sore. Ay 15 y.o I explained that he needs to make some choices from here on in. At this level he can no longer come home from school, do his homework then don the head phones as he hooks up with mates and plays computer games.

Home work comes first, and then football. In our day we had no other distractions, apart from girls which eventually took me away from the game for some time.

He has a God given talent. He is seriously unbelievable, but he's now at the stage in life when ability alone is not enough. He's our 4th son to go through this, but is clearly the most talented.

The joys of father hood.

Sporting the mother of all hangovers today. Wild Turkey sweating from my pores. Big boss will be in soon so I'd better pull myself together.

Have a great day everyone and don't get too down on our Club.

Why stress about things we can't change. Nobody said being a Yid was a breeze.
Great report there Hod regards your 15 yr old, what a bad time of age, I have been there done it, seen the film, got the T shirt n Video, so truly understand the problems of Fatherhood, remember mate! to the nippers we know eff all lol!

My eldest Boy did the Martial Arts, Lau Gar kung Fu, had won his Black Belt by 15, but because of rules in that particular MA Sport he was not allowed to wear it until he was 18, that pissed him off some, I tried to explain to him its about body weight, anyway long story short at 16 he retired, jacked it in, excuse/reason I have been South Coast MA Champion for the last 5 years and Brit Champion twice, so am retiring at the top, jesus! that did my head in, but what can you do, its their life.
At 30 years old and a family in tow he started again, with both of his nippers enlisting also, only this time Kick-Boxing, has got his Black Belt + a 1st Dan now, he will be 37 next month, as you can probably see he is a born natural at MA, I just wish he had listened to me, you know the one who knows eff all, when younger.

Good luck with you lad mate, your going to need it, keep advising but not to hard, that might have been my problem. lol!

Finally got a. photo of him . He is only a young one . Makes a lot of noise though .
Pompey , what is the bird that can imitate noises like car alarms etc ? On our allotment we have a very squeaky metal gate . Nobody can get in our out without everyone hearing the gate moving . I thought I was going mad the other day when I heard someone come in , but couldn’t see anyone, then I heard it again .... still no one there .
Then I realised it was a bird imitating the noise ! Clever 40C67530-5297-4C4C-85EF-E1A9724F4C69.jpeg