Good Morning Thread | Page 238 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Walt, your Grey gutter nesting, shit on you from a great height birds, I said Mistle Thrush's, a possibility, am having doubts, so its doing my head in, thus have been researching, 3 Grey birds came up, other than those from the Duck/water bird family, one of which is a Grey Heron...so I don't think so eh! Lol!
The 3 are....
Eurasian Black Cap....slightly smaller than a Blackbird, poss gutter nester
Plover....way bigger than the Blackbird, do not think so.
Stock Dove....slightly bigger than a Blackbird, possibility.

The other thing is a Hen Blackbird can and does appear greyish in colour, but nesting in a gutter, that's throwing me.

I know its a pain in the arse, any chance of a pic. Cheers mate

As an addition to the above , I’m not saying that the Indian Team are not one of the best in the world , of course they are , absolutely brilliant ,,, to a man....... b
They , and Cricket , could do without all the outside influence.
This is for Walt, creeping first, what a wonderful job you are doing on the predictor thread, now comes the but from me lol!

You gave me 7 pts for Wolfs game should have been 9, if my math's are any good, for that game I did a scorers change about 4.15pm
Sid Vicious x 2 = 4pts
Deli x 1 = 2pts
Bale x 1 = 2pts
Win = 1 pt
Total = 9pts

Sorry Walt if I am wrong again its because I am a whinging twat LOL! or is therea hidden rule I do not know.
I will check it out mate . Sorry if I’ve buggered it up .

Walt, your Grey gutter nesting, shit on you from a great height birds, I said Mistle Thrush's, a possibility, am having doubts, so its doing my head in, thus have been researching, 3 Grey birds came up, other than those from the Duck/water bird family, one of which is a Grey Heron...so I don't think so eh! Lol!
The 3 are....
Eurasian Black Cap....slightly smaller than a Blackbird, poss gutter nester
Plover....way bigger than the Blackbird, do not think so.
Stock Dove....slightly bigger than a Blackbird, possibility.

The other thing is a Hen Blackbird can and does appear greyish in colour, but nesting in a gutter, that's throwing me.

I know its a pain in the arse, any chance of a pic. Cheers mate
They won’t be nesting there this year Pompey . The hole in the eaves has gone , it’s not there anymore . The pigeon report was just for Nicks sake !!!!! To get him off my back !!!!!

ive been up the ladder , and Lo and behold , the hole wasn’t there . They will need a screwdriver if they want to get in there this year . !!!

This is for Walt, creeping first, what a wonderful job you are doing on the predictor thread, now comes the but from me lol!

You gave me 7 pts for Wolfs game should have been 9, if my math's are any good, for that game I did a scorers change about 4.15pm
Sid Vicious x 2 = 4pts
Deli x 1 = 2pts
Bale x 1 = 2pts
Win = 1 pt
Total = 9pts

Sorry Walt if I am wrong again its because I am a whinging twat LOL! or is therea hidden rule I do not know.
Looks like I owe you two points Pompey, I still had you down as Bale scoring twice. Sorry bud ! I will add it to the next one ...

Last edited:
You can just imagine Pomp has a chart at home that he uses to check Walts points awards. Some of us just treat it as a bit of fun, we know Walt awards what he likes and just accept it.
I mean I was the only one to have Scarlett as a scorer ( done the day before kick off ) , I came close an all if it weren't for Vinnie muscling in. I didnt change my scorers when I saw Bale wasnt starting because I knew he would get on. But I dont get all arsy for not getting bonus points.
Some people just take this too seriously !

Hey all, not morning here...but figured I would update you guys. I just got my first dose of Maderna today. The base had some extra and I was able to get over in time to nab one!

No issues so far...though to be fair my immunization chart is like 3 pages long...I have so much stuff flowing through...not sure I would anyway!

So the Indian test wicket is under scrutiny. A test wicket should provide a fair contest between bat and ball is the guideline. Joe Root was able to take 5 for 8 as a part time spinner.

Good morning all . Lovely start to the day , sun is out . No wind , not out in the garden anyway !

With regards to the test match pitch , it’s all very well producing a pitch that goes against the spirit of the game , in giving the best test side in the world every possible advantage , but it also affects the standings , which affects the World Test Championships finals being held in June.
It just isn’t right . India don’t need this help . The umpiring from the third umpire was a joke.,.......... This is the second time in two matches that the English management have gone to the match referee to complain .
Root was shown to be asking the pitch umpire to have the brilliant stumping attempt to be properly investigated as it wasn’t checked if the batsmen had his foot on the ground .
Indian batsmen just stand their ground when given out caught behind , even when they have been clean bowled , as if they are waiting for the umpire to help them .
The commentators yesterday , Indian chaps , were saying over and over “ it’s not the pitch , it’s in the England players heads , it isn’t the pitch “
Yeah Right .

There have been some testy responses in the commentary box over the three tests , so far . Even my wife has noticed it , in between asking who is winning , after ten minutes play on the first day !
Pitches in England are not produced by the England test team , they are produced by the home ground , who want and need a five day test match match .
It is illegal for the management of the test team to ask for a certain type of pitch , David Lloyd fell foul over that by asking for a pitch that didn’t suit the Australians . He was fined .

A test match that only lasts for two days , four innings , is a joke .
Channel Four being so PC over it is also a joke .
Cook and Strauss struggling to find words that didn’t upset anybody was also a joke.

Anyhow , I will have to find something else to do today now .

Garden is calling me .
Take care all. Look after each other .

There was a twenty twenty game yesterday between Australia and New Zealand . There were more runs scored in that game than in this test match . ( 434 )
That just cannot be good for test cricket . ,

Good morning all . Lovely start to the day , sun is out . No wind , not out in the garden anyway !

With regards to the test match pitch , it’s all very well producing a pitch that goes against the spirit of the game , in giving the best test side in the world every possible advantage , but it also affects the standings , which affects the World Test Championships finals being held in June.
It just isn’t right . India don’t need this help . The umpiring from the third umpire was a joke.,.......... This is the second time in two matches that the English management have gone to the match referee to complain .
Root was shown to be asking the pitch umpire to have the brilliant stumping attempt to be properly investigated as it wasn’t checked if the batsmen had his foot on the ground .
Indian batsmen just stand their ground when given out caught behind , even when they have been clean bowled , as if they are waiting for the umpire to help them .
The commentators yesterday , Indian chaps , were saying over and over “ it’s not the pitch , it’s in the England players heads , it isn’t the pitch “
Yeah Right .

There have been some testy responses in the commentary box over the three tests , so far . Even my wife has noticed it , in between asking who is winning , after ten minutes play on the first day !
Pitches in England are not produced by the England test team , they are produced by the home ground , who want and need a five day test match match .
It is illegal for the management of the test team to ask for a certain type of pitch , David Lloyd fell foul over that by asking for a pitch that didn’t suit the Australians . He was fined .

Cook and Strauss struggling to find words that didn’t upset anybody was also a joke.

Garden is calling me .
Agree entirely Walt. This series will probably cost England a place in the WTS final, which to my mind is completely wrong. As for the Indian commentators, they wouldn't get employed anywhere else in the world. When it comes to cricket it would seem to be a case that the spirit of fair play, or any desire to watch competitive sport is non existent there, winning is all that matters.

You can just imagine Pomp has a chart at home that he uses to check Walts points awards. Some of us just treat it as a bit of fun, we know Walt awards what he likes and just accept it.
I mean I was the only one to have Scarlett as a scorer ( done the day before kick off ) , I came close an all if it weren't for Vinnie muscling in. I didnt change my scorers when I saw Bale wasnt starting because I knew he would get on. But I dont get all arsy for not getting bonus points.
Some people just take this too seriously !
Oh dear Nick have I upset your dearest feelings, for that I am so so sorry, I will go n stand in the naughty boy corner lo!

Yes its for fun, but for your information, for every point I get, whether I finish top or not I am donating a quid/£1 to a Navy/Bootnecks Military charity, which helps serving and ex-serving Vets, so you see every point is an important £1, if I do not try to get more I am robbing those Vets.

Yeah Right .

Garden is calling me .
Walt that was a very good account/rundown of the Test. So true on all matters.

Well good morning all, what a lovely Spring sunny start to the day.

Have been up to the Ville, usual, meat man, Veg shop plus extra job, to the bank to put in my Solar Energy payment cheque, bought Mrs PY a number of bunches of Daffs, one of her fave blooms, yes I know am a big spender lol!, though she is chuffed with them.

Yes Walt it is gardening weather, so get your arse over to your allotment, jobs to do lol!

My back garden is very busy, birdy critturs wise, loads of em, my aviary looks like a sunning arcade/shop, all of the birds on the front perches sunning themselves.

Oh yes that's great news USAF regards your Vaccination.

All for now peops, Keep your chins up, keep making us all laugh, happy days are getting nearer and that includes Spurs.

Hey all, not morning here...but figured I would update you guys. I just got my first dose of Maderna today. The base had some extra and I was able to get over in time to nab one!

No issues so far...though to be fair my immunization chart is like 3 pages long...I have so much stuff flowing through...not sure I would anyway!
Well done US . I’m really pleased for you . Really pleased for anybody that has the jab .
It sounds like you won’t catch anything , anywhere in the world .
brilliant !!!!!

Well the "sun is still shining on me and my gal!", Mrs PY before any of you dirt track minds jumps on that, lol!, the normal weaver for us daun Souff!

Just come back from the Ville, bleedin hell its the busiest I have seen it in months and that's wiv out the Friday market, also it seems they are all happy souls, doffin hats, good afternoons must be sumfin in the air.

One of my fave bands Status Quo on Channel 5 tonight at 10pm, chat with Francis Rossi, I'll be watching.