Good Morning Thread | Page 212 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Afternoon all, its midday or just after, bright n sunny with a nip, can I say that lol!, in the air, basically a lovely day.

Walt that sounds like some rigmarole with Virgin, well at least its sorted, though it had brought some sad memories for Mrs Walt, it also brought you into contact finally with an old oppo, thumbs up.

Well its a couple of hours to "our biggest game" so far lol!, I will have to go out in the garden and do my Sunday/daily duties, aviary, wild flying critturs oh and not forgetting checking over the outdoors bath for Mrs PY.

I am feeling chipper today, so very optimistic, should I get my coat lol!

Keep safe all, hope you all have a bloody great Sunday esp after about 3.45 this afternoon.

Afternoon all, its midday or just after, bright n sunny with a nip, can I say that lol!, in the air, basically a lovely day.

Walt that sounds like some rigmarole with Virgin, well at least its sorted, though it had brought some sad memories for Mrs Walt, it also brought you into contact finally with an old oppo, thumbs up.

Well its a couple of hours to "our biggest game" so far lol!, I will have to go out in the garden and do my Sunday/daily duties, aviary, wild flying critturs oh and not forgetting checking over the outdoors bath for Mrs PY.

I am feeling chipper today, so very optimistic, should I get my coat lol!

Keep safe all, hope you all have a bloody great Sunday esp after about 3.45 this afternoon.
Your wife could do with an indoor bath Pompey . As you said , it’s a bit parky out there . !!
hope you have a got a bit of a fence put up around the bath for her as well .
Each to their own I suppose ,

Good morning all , nice start to the day . Calm and clear out there .
Not a bad weekend ,,at least I haven’t got up with the petrol .

I have got a bit of a toothache though , I thought , that’s handy !
nice time to get a toothache , in lockdown .

We were talking this morning about something we were saying last night , and my wife said........ “this is where we came in “

Threw me straight back to old days , you will have to be of a certain age to remember this, when we used to go to the pictures (!) .

We would go in half way through the B film ,,and watch half of it.

Then sit there during the interval , smoking and eating and drinking , then watch the main film .
Then wait until the whole show started again so you could see the first part of the B film that you missed in the first place .
One of you would then say .... “Is this where we came in ,? “
And you would get up and leave . ...... funny or what !

Ah , the good old days , not :wahey:

Im trying to get back into the mood for going up the allotment . Think I’m getting old , it’s a bit cold at the moment .

Anyone had their jab yet , my Mother in Law is over eighty five and hasn’t had hers yet .
Not very happy ,
Both her younger sisters have had it . Weird .
I think it’s down to the individual doctors surgeries .

Hope you are all well ,
Keep safe and alert.
Look after each other.

Quiet morning & the sun is just coming up. Looks like it'll be a sunny day today without a cloud in sight.

Have an unexpected day off so i'm going to make it count by doing absolutely nothing.

Walt, sorry to hear about the toothache. Top tip my dentist gave me a few years back & it works a treat. Rinse your mouth out with cold running water after you've eaten or drunk anything. It helps to reduce the pain & keeps your breath smelling fresh & clean.

Stay safe & hago folks.

Well in the East the jabs are well behind the rest of the counrty...someone said Torries get in easily in many parts of the east so no need to rush them we will get the votes anyway so get the vaccine to all the other areas where we lost to labour first ....ha ha now thats conspiracy for you!....as Pomp said it is probably more to do with the local surgeries etc...An old couple up the road are both great positive people both over 90 and with undelying health issues as risk and isolated most of the year....not yet had the jab!!!!

Walt I remember the 'did we come in here' scenario...thanks for the memory jog! And all the seats had a metal ashtray on the back of the one in front as well and the hue of all the smoke was almost pea souper in density ha ha!

Tooth ache..sod Steveperrymans' advice....'cold running water indeed' ...Walt .take a swig of a good malt and hold it in yer mouth until your gims and lips go numb...keep doing it until you can't feel the pain anymore....at that stage you will be totally pissed and could not give a flying fcuk about yer tooth.

Taker care all

Well in the East the jabs are well behind the rest of the counrty...someone said Torries get in easily in many parts of the east so no need to rush them we will get the votes anyway so get the vaccine to all the other areas where we lost to labour first ....ha ha now thats conspiracy for you!....as Pomp said it is probably more to do with the local surgeries etc...An old couple up the road are both great positive people both over 90 and with undelying health issues as risk and isolated most of the year....not yet had the jab!!!!

Walt I remember the 'did we come in here' scenario...thanks for the memory jog! And all the seats had a metal ashtray on the back of the one in front as well and the hue of all the smoke was almost pea souper in density ha ha!

Tooth ache..sod Steveperrymans' advice....'cold running water indeed' ...Walt .take a swig of a good malt and hold it in yer mouth until your gims and lips go numb...keep doing it until you can't feel the pain anymore....at that stage you will be totally pissed and could not give a flying fcuk about yer tooth.

Taker care all
Greavsie that toothache repair also works using Woods dark rum lol!

Taker care all
That’s the path I’m taking , thanks Greavsie. ,,and Pompey !
It’s good to talk !

morning all ,raining here , but not as bad as some areas up the country I think .
gloomy I think is the word .
Still got a bit of toothache but not as bad .

I haven’t heard from my doctor yet , which is not surprising . I’ve been living here for seven years and never ever seen her .
Not once .
ive seen one or two of the others , but never the one that is named as my doctor . Strange ennit . The one that , when I do see her , won’t have a clue about me .

why is everything a pain in the arse these days . We got our replacement Virgin box ,last week , and guess what , .... we have to rejoin the BBC i player and all the other buggers . ITVhub etc ,. .... so what .... you might think ..... but you have to know what email address you used when you first joined , and then ..... the dreaded password .
Fuck knows how many passwords we have and what we used when we did all this before . We joined them when we lived in the other house ....
We have a book we write them in , simple you might think ? No.
“The email is different to the one used previously “....... so ? Just use this one ! Who is in charge here ?

“The password you have used is not recognised “
Who gives a fuck , just kin work , what difference does it make . It’s the bleeding BBC for fuck sake .
I could understand it if it was the bank or somebody , fair enough. But I only want to watch David bloody Attenborough
In his Perfect bloody Planet!
“ The password is easily guessed “ is another one .
Well I can’t guess it and I’m the one who set it up , so it ain’t that ‘kin easy is it !

So the Iplayer looks to join two other other computers we have which don’t work anymore because we can’t guess the easily guessed password .
We haven’t even tried AllFour yet . Or the one for channel five , whatever that is called .

We both got the hump over it last night , sat in silence for an hour , trying to decide who’s fault it was ...... !!!

Luckily we had recorded “would I lie to you “ . Lee Mack made us laugh and broke the ice .

So, with the weather , the allotment takes a back seat again , lock down continues , no jab to look forward to , back to reading the Thursday Murder Club that I got for Christmas .
Stay safe , keep alert and look after each other.

morning all ,raining here , but not as bad as some areas up the country I think .

I haven’t heard from my doctor yet , which is not surprising . I’ve been living here for seven years and never ever seen her .
Not once .
ive seen one or two of the others , but never the one that is named as my doctor . Strange ennit . The one that , when I do see her , won’t have a clue about me .

why is everything a pain in the arse these days . We got our replacement Virgin box ,last week , and guess what , .... we have to rejoin the BBC i player and all the other buggers . ITVhub etc ,. .... so what .... you might think ..... but you have to know what email address you used when you first joined , and then ..... the dreaded password .
Fuck knows how many passwords we have and what we used when we did all this before . We joined them when we lived in the other house ....
“The email is different to the one used previously “....... so ? Just use this one ! Who is in charge here ?

Who gives a fuck , just kin work , what difference does it make . It’s the bleeding BBC for fuck sake .
I could understand it if it was the bank or somebody , fair enough. But I only want to watch David bloody Attenborough
Well I can’t guess it and I’m the one who set it up , so it ain’t that ‘kin easy is it !

So the Iplayer looks to join two other other computers we have which don’t work anymore because we can’t guess the easily guessed password .
We haven’t even tried AllFour yet . Or the one for channel five , whatever that is called .

We both got the hump over it last night , sat in silence for an hour , trying to decide who’s fault it was ...... !!!

Luckily we had recorded “would I lie to you “ . Lee Mack made us laugh and broke the ice .

So, with the weather , the allotment takes a back seat again , lock down continues , no jab to look forward to , back to reading the Thursday Murder Club that I got for Christmas .

Sounds like your Victor Meldrew alter-ego is on the ascendency...!

Keep up the good fight!! :-)

Not once .

Morning Walt, you are such a happy sole, I love it lol!

Morning again Walt, Just read EX's reply to your moanogram! according to him you have taken my mantle, well Mrs PY reckons I am a cross between Vic and Alf.

Am thinking that maybe with the time on your hands write a new comedy series for tv, say Walts Views. lol!

Morning again Walt, Just read EX's reply to your moanogram! according to him you have taken my mantle, well Mrs PY reckons I am a cross between Vic and Alf.

Am thinking that maybe with the time on your hands write a new comedy series for tv, say Walts Views. lol!

My brother is writing a comedy show around a 'special forum'.

He has been commissioned for a pilot, but alas nothing will happen now until post lockdown etc..

I have pointed him to this thread, and he's been laughing his head off at it!

Can't wait to see what characters he comes up with.

My brother is writing a comedy show around a 'special forum'.

He has been commissioned for a pilot, but alas nothing will happen now until post lockdown etc..

I have pointed him to this thread, and he's been laughing his head off at it!

Can't wait to see what characters he comes up with.
Oh fuck !
mind you , this is a very special forum with some special posters on this thread .

if I see a sketch where some geek is standing in some strangers lounge ,In shorts , in deep midwinter , watching Gay Rabbit , I think I will know where it came from !

tee hee this is a funny thread sorry walt, not trying to make light of your frustration
It’s meant to be funny Rafa . Never think I’m being serious . If I can’t take the piss out of myself ,then who can I take it out of.

My whole life I’ve tried to live very lightheartedly .
When I’m “moaning” like that , it’s there for others to laugh at .
If ever I was serious, believe me , it would be very apparent .
I don’t take fools lightly . But I do like a laugh , even at my own expense where I think it’s warranted .
Join in mate . The more the the merrier

Oh fuck !
mind you , this is a very special forum with some special posters on this thread .

if I see a sketch where some geek is standing in some strangers lounge ,In shorts , in deep midwinter , watching Gay Rabbit , I think I will know where it came from !
Walt you been spying on me lol!

Now then mate, your toothache, if you haven't got any Woods Rum, go get some Pussers Rum, a double of which in glass, whole lot one gulp, fill gob, hold for a minute, then swallow, pain gone, though side affect, drowsiness as you ain't used to the stuff, it is an old recipe it works a treat. Thumbs up.