Good Morning Thread | Page 211 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Morning all, planning on a dry day today. Had a couple of Leffe yesterday and washed down with 2-3 glasses of vino tinto in the indoor Market, if you buy some fresh fish from the market they will cook it for you and only charge 2.50 euros, so I've taken to just having a coffee in the morning and availing of their services for lunch.

Morning all, bright and sunny with a mixture of cloud down here about's, been and done my usual Friday shop, its a little bit fresh, The Ville market, nothing, zilch, nadda except for one van...known here locally as the "meat man".

Said yesterday about our Land line prob's, well at 6.00pm a techie arrived, geezer from Portugal, no he didn't come over for this, worked for Virgin and lived in the area for 8 years, nice bloke, anyway after a chat blah blah he fixed our phone after telling us the problem was in his words the "useless green box down the road", he advised that we connect our house phone to the Reutor and have an additional battery installed, that means even in a power cut we will always have a phone, because as Mrs PY is so ill and vulnerable it is important, so after a number of calls to Virgin, permission given etc he did as was suggested, so now on the phone again lol! Mrs PY is chuffed, that's me happy then.

Have to say, the techie as I said prior, was a really nice bloke and did an excellent job.

So everyone keep safe, keep you eye's peeled, those numpties are still out their, thick twats that they are.

Morning all
, another horrible start to the day today weather wise .
rainy and gloomy .
Didn't get on here yesterday , another day at the hospital with my wonderful wife , being put through the wringer again .
CT scans yesterday , being made radio active , drinking some jollop and being injected with something that makes you hot and makes you feel like you’ve wet yourself .
More bruises on her arms and back of hands .

Really thankful to the people are caring for her . What a wonderful health service we have .
We can’t thank them enough for their expertise, experience, care and attention.,

Hopefully though , this will be the last time at the hospital for a long time .
Just got to wait for all the results .
Our wonderful NHS . Thank you . :bow:

Interesting reading about bird feeding on here .we have several bird feeders In the garden , and quite a few birds , mainly Magpies , Blackbirds , Sparrers, ( we don’t get sparrows ! ) and pigeons .
They all use our bird bath , but none of them go to the feeding places , no matter what we put out .
We buy proper bird seeds , heads off of the sunflowers , apples cut in half , fat balls , bacon fat cut into tiny bits , nothing ever gets taken .
We had problems when the people who used to live next door had three cats . They thought they could use our garden to shit in .

The cats , I mean , not the people !
I had to educate them to go elsewhere . The cats and the owners . Happy times .
You would be glad I wasn’t posting on here then .
Well Nick would .

The stories I could tell about that episode in our life .
They have moved now , and we have a lovely family there now.
We have lovely people on both sides .
It’s all peace and harmony . Luvverly jubberly .
Lots of not very hungry , but clean birds .
Strange

Pompey , how did you get through to Virgin without pressing all the numbers and being buggered about .
I would love to know .

We have got to phone them again today , they have told us that my wife’s phone contract has come to an end and so has our tv contract .
Im a bit dubious about the tv package , we have only just upgraded back to include sky sports again .
I’m not sure a tv contract can come to an end ,.... does it ?
I don’t know anymore , perhaps Rich can help me ! He knows what I know and what I don’t know ........:shrug:

well I’ve got to go , papers don’t buy themselves you know . Mask in , up to the shop . Sanitise hands , buy paper , sanitize hands again, wipe down paper and weekend magazine with one of those 99.9 % biologically impregnated wet wipes , and settle down for an hour with a cup of coffee .
Take care , keep safe, look after each other.

I had one until I was 8 days old matey! then without my permission a religious person cut it for reasons I did not agree with but was too young to complain .despite me crying out loud....and if catching what I have left in a zip is excruciating imagine what that was like eh!
Kin ell . My eyes are watering for you mate . You need it kissing better ! I would do it but I’m too far away , and always will be !

Morning all
, another horrible start to the day today weather wise .
rainy and gloomy .
Didn't get on here yesterday , another day at the hospital with my wonderful wife , being put through the wringer again .
CT scans yesterday , being made radio active , drinking some jollop and being injected with something that makes you hot and makes you feel like you’ve wet yourself .
More bruises on her arms and back of hands .

Really thankful to the people are caring for her . What a wonderful health service we have .
We can’t thank them enough for their expertise, experience, care and attention.,

Hopefully though , this will be the last time at the hospital for a long time .
Just got to wait for all the results .
Our wonderful NHS . Thank you . :bow:

Interesting reading about bird feeding on here .we have several bird feeders In the garden , and quite a few birds , mainly Magpies , Blackbirds , Sparrers, ( we don’t get sparrows ! ) and pigeons .
They all use our bird bath , but none of them go to the feeding places , no matter what we put out .
We buy proper bird seeds , heads off of the sunflowers , apples cut in half , fat balls , bacon fat cut into tiny bits , nothing ever gets taken .
We had problems when the people who used to live next door had three cats . They thought they could use our garden to shit in .

The cats , I mean , not the people !
I had to educate them to go elsewhere . The cats and the owners . Happy times .
You would be glad I wasn’t posting on here then .
Well Nick would .

The stories I could tell about that episode in our life .
They have moved now , and we have a lovely family there now.
We have lovely people on both sides .
It’s all peace and harmony . Luvverly jubberly .
Lots of not very hungry , but clean birds .
Strange

Pompey , how did you get through to Virgin without pressing all the numbers and being buggered about .
I would love to know .

We have got to phone them again today , they have told us that my wife’s phone contract has come to an end and so has our tv contract .
Im a bit dubious about the tv package , we have only just upgraded back to include sky sports again .
I’m not sure a tv contract can come to an end ,.... does it ?
I don’t know anymore , perhaps Rich can help me ! He knows what I know and what I don’t know ........:shrug:

well I’ve got to go , papers don’t buy themselves you know . Mask in , up to the shop . Sanitise hands , buy paper , sanitize hands again, wipe down paper and weekend magazine with one of those 99.9 % biologically impregnated wet wipes , and settle down for an hour with a cup of coffee .
Take care , keep safe, look after each other.

Hopefully all the results will be good Walt.

Morning all I think some are "foreskin" asking for trouble from you know who.

Well it is a lovely morning, NOT!, down Souff away's, its bloody pissing down, so no going for a walk up the Ville for me today, yes I know am a wuss! but I have to follow orders from the Boss! lol!

How's about this then, Mrs PY has for a while now, well since her HA, with black looking raised veins, very very sore, on both arms, so yesterday evening, 5.30, she rang 111 to get some advice etc, nice receptionist, not the usual Berlin wall Guard, very nice Nurse who after all the usual identification protocol + permission to look at Mrs PY's records says I will get you a Doc' from from your surgery, spoke to said Doc'. result wife crying her eye's out and really feeling dejected/miserable, why? because said Doc after a short chat, in a raised voice basically said what do you want me to do about, I am over run blah blah! phone goes dead.

Further, after about an hour calming Mrs PY down, she re-rang 111, again receptionist, Nurse and the new Doc, all of them absolutely brilliant, Doc discussed with Mrs PY about her issue, came up with things the wife should do and that she, Doc, will contact her GP to advise him about raising a particular med she is on, result Mrs PY back with a smile on her boatrace, but I am not bloody happy with the original Doc, and am thinking about composing a major complaint letter about her whole attitude and demeaner towards a patient.

Oh yes! all the chats were done on speaker phone, so I heard every bloody thing.

Well got that off my bloody chest, sorry if some think here we go again!

Keep safe all, look after yourselves and your kin, the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter, well I think it is.

Kin ell . My eyes are watering for you mate . You need it kissing better ! I would do it but I’m too far away , and always will be !

TFFT Walt....I love ya but not that much!

Fingers crossed for your missus as usual ....would offer a prayer but it did not work on the 8th day ...they still mutilated me so I thought fcuk that religion lark...not for me!
Take care.

In answer to your question regards getting through to VIrgin, I never said I didn't have to go through all the press this number, press that number crap trap.

I am glad mate your missus is getting there, excellent.

You say about a "wonderful" NHS, well I hate it when people say that because NHS is to general and covers all the numpty/crap management, who do not deserve it, that sit above the really Wonderful! Medical staff, Consultants, Surgeons, Doctors, Nurses, etc then add non medical on the ground workers, cleaners, in fact everyone who actually helps the patient one way or another, that's why I will not/never clap the NHS because it covers the upper pricks of this massive "you cannot touch me" Conglomerate.

The management I talk about keep, conveniently, lose Mrs PY's records/paperwork on a regular basis, excuse after excuse, I believe it is because she suffers with a rarish ailment, RSD/CRPS, and as no dosh is spent on it they hope, brush it under the carpet and that she, Mrs PY, will go away.

Sorry about that Walt, it is my opinion, but I do really understand how you feel, medical staff wise, same for me and my wife.

In answer to your question regards getting through to VIrgin, I never said I didn't have to go through all the press this number, press that number crap trap.

I am glad mate your missus is getting there, excellent.

You say about a "wonderful" NHS, well I hate it when people say that because NHS is to general and covers all the numpty/crap management, who do not deserve it, that sit above the really Wonderful! Medical staff, Consultants, Surgeons, Doctors, Nurses, etc then add non medical on the ground workers, cleaners, in fact everyone who actually helps the patient one way or another, that's why I will not/never clap the NHS because it covers the upper pricks of this massive "you cannot touch me" Conglomerate.

The management I talk about keep, conveniently, lose Mrs PY's records/paperwork on a regular basis, excuse after excuse, I believe it is because she suffers with a rarish ailment, RSD/CRPS, and as no dosh is spent on it they hope, brush it under the carpet and that she, Mrs PY, will go away.

Sorry about that Walt, it is my opinion, but I do really understand how you feel, medical staff wise, same for me and my wife.
Sorry mate , I miss read the bit about phoning Virgin . It’s a nightmare isn’t it .!

Good morning all . Weather is a lot better today .,Lovely start to the day .
Cold and crisp.

When we were trying to get our tele sorted out last week , my wife told the lady on the other end of the phone , that we couldn’t access our Virgin Account because it was always sent to us on an old email address that we had lost the password for .
We lost all our passwords when we moved seven years ago . Caused chaos , but most of them , the companies , just allowed us to change our password and carry on . .....
Not Virgin!
So we had to open a new email account , but Virgin , being Virgin , would only ever send stuff to the primary account , as they called it , and not the secondary account .

No matter how many times we told them the problem , they wouldn’t help.
Until last week when a lovely lady , who couldn’t have been more helpful , ...... I don’t think it was anything to do with the complaint we had put in ! ........gave us a password to access the account .
Bingo ,,,,,,,,,,, twenty thousand emails from friends , family , advertising , junk, holiday companies , hotels , train line , shops , it went on and on .,
She was going through the lot, as fast as she could , ... even found some from her Dad who passed away four years ago ,,,,, which was upsetting...... when she found one from a friend of mine who I had not seen or heard of for fifty years ,,he tracked me down from the friends reunited apps ....... obviously I hadn’t seen it and he just gave up because I hadn’t answered,,

So know we are in touch again ,,exchanging Photos ,,etc .

He doesn’t look anything like he did fifty years ago ! ha ha.

Where as I still look like i did when I was twenty !!!!!

We grew up together in Walthamstow . Same school , same football teams , then he moved away to Bournemouth and eventually to Spain ,,where he still is . .right down south , Roquetas ? De Mar .

So some good came out of the Virgin media fiasco .
Except that it turns out he is a gooner . I had forgotten that , !!!!! Every bit of silver has a cloudy lining!

Hope you are all good , keeping well and alert .
Friend of ours who is younger than me , she is sixty five , had the jab last week .
How does that work out .,,,... I don’t blame her , I wouldn’t have said anything either if I had been offered it .
Im walking around now with my sleeve rolled up , !
like a good Boy Scout , be prepared!
have a good day , hope all your predictions come true . As long as they are good ones . Not like Greavsie’s ha ha !