Good Morning Thread | Page 165 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Afternoon all, well Mrs PY is back home and don't I know it lol! though so glad she is back, loads of exercises to do, that keeps her busy, but yesterday on arrival home the Bulldog went off his head at her with joy, jumping up, barking, bring her his toys and so on, then maybe 10 or 15mins later back off to his bed in the conservatory, that'll do me he thought.

Afterwards Mrs PY was cleaning out her hospital bag and getting it ready for next time, her words, then came the effin n blindin, so went to have a look, there she was holding up 3 items of clothing, stretch jeans, knickers and bra, look at them the buggers cut them off me, am not bothered about the knickers and jeans but my bra is brand new, first time I have wore it, my comment well you will not be wearing it again, said with a smirk, her reaction and words well you can guess haha, me I thought my lovely wife is back safe n sound.

So as to day its now all about keeping an eye on her, encouragement etc, and my normal Caring duties, easy peasy lol!

All of you a big thanks again for your best wishes, which I informed her of, result a massive smile, with comments you Spurs lot, so thanks again.

Just finished reading the latest posts, comedy, sarcasm right up my street.

Look after yourselves and your kin, the shits are still out there.

Nice one Pompey glad you are back as a unit....however, now you will have to behave yerself mate! No more all night parties .......:grinning:

Morning all, hope you are all ok . Great and quiet out there .

Our bathroom Hunt has turned many corners , looks like we are leaning towards a shower bath now , which will give us the best of both options .
It’s amazing how many people wander around stores, waiting to pounce as soon as you show more than ten seconds interest in a particular item, then when they sidle over , looking all smarmy and grinning like one of those cats “ do you need any help today ?” , ....... what has today got to do with it ? ....... never mind .....” yes “
I said . Big grin expands into almost pant wetting expectation !
....” see this toilet base unit ? “
“Yes sir , “
“Well , I need to know if a back to the wall wc pan will work, given the position of the Soil pipe in our bathroom ( brings out a diagram with every dimension known to man printed on it ) and also is there enough room , when the cistern is in place , to fit a Durgo Valve alongside it .? “
Eyes glaze over ...... pregnant pause ..... “not really sure sir . The man that normally works in this department is a) on leave ...b). At lunch or ..... c ) off sick .
“Ok ... so ....?”
Can I take your email : phone number and we will get back to you ? “
No . Bye ,

And so it goes on ....
Onwards and upwards
Have a good safe and careful day

A very good morning to you lot, I have just stopped laughing at the "smut" I love it, even her indoors was laughing when I told, though she did forget about her ribs being broken, so came the snarl with a smirk and a big thanks to you all.

Mrs PY cannot have her normal "tipple", Dead Mans Fingers Spiced Rum, meds she is on, so only bullshit "Bailey's" haha, me I had a triple dose of "Pusser's" rum mmmm! love it.

Got to give her her dues she is handling everything great, a combination of scowling, snearing, but with that twinkle in her eye's, yep my beautiful missus is back.

The weather is bloody miserable, but who gives a toss, Mrs PY is back, enough said.

Walt talking toiletry, mmmm. lol!

Keep safe all of you, they are still out there. Cheers to all

A very good morning to you lot, I have just stopped laughing at the "smut" I love it, even her indoors was laughing when I told, though she did forget about her ribs being broken, so came the snarl with a smirk and a big thanks to you all.

Mrs PY cannot have her normal "tipple", Dead Mans Fingers Spiced Rum, meds she is on, so only bullshit "Bailey's" haha, me I had a triple dose of "Pusser's" rum mmmm! love it.

Got to give her her dues she is handling everything great, a combination of scowling, snearing, but with that twinkle in her eye's, yep my beautiful missus is back.

The weather is bloody miserable, but who gives a toss, Mrs PY is back, enough said.

Walt talking toiletry, mmmm. lol!

Keep safe all of you, they are still out there. Cheers to all

A good laugh is like medicine mate....but maybe not if you have broken ribs ....
Neighbour across the road ish - ( remember I mentioned ambulance came on monday midnight ish) ...just seen the hubby...she fell and broke her hip as they were doing something with the wardrboe (no i did not ask and do not want to ignite Mary Whitehouse aka Nick regarding smut) .

So in a way thankfully not the dreaded....but she waited 19 hours for that ambulance...FFS

Take care all

A good laugh is like medicine mate....but maybe not if you have broken ribs ....
Neighbour across the road ish - ( remember I mentioned ambulance came on monday midnight ish) ...just seen the hubby...she fell and broke her hip as they were doing something with the wardrboe (no i did not ask and do not want to ignite Mary Whitehouse aka Nick regarding smut) .

So in a way thankfully not the dreaded....but she waited 19 hours for that ambulance...FFS

Take care all
Thanks for your esteem wisdom Greavsie, laughing with broken ribs a no no, but give Mrs PY her dues she keeps laughing then wincing lol!

As for your Neighbour no bloody laughing matter waiting 19 bleedin hours, but injury n wardrobe had me thinking, was she coming out, out of the wardrobe I mean.

Keep safe all.

Take care all

Having an A&E emergency in my neck of the woods is a challenge now too.

Crews are not reporting for shift (so many frontline workers are now putting their own H&S first) and Covid suspected cases are being prioritised beyond all others.

The waiting times/free slot for an ambulance to arrive is horrendous. But without the staff, the ambulances are just empty trucks with no purpose.

Anyway, Good morning all.

I've now seen the SAGE predictons; they are horrific unless something/ it all changes rapidly.

Isolate yourself now and tell your families (no matter what age) to do the same.

Last edited:
Morning all . Where has all the good news gone .’kin worrying ennit .

We are back and forth with ideas for our bathroom , we have been thinking about about for six years ! , have been actively out looking for four days , I think we have been to every store there is , searched online , and still not come up with something in our budget that will actually work for us . Neither of us want to buy anything online , it’s a lot cheaper , but we like to actually see / feel what we are getting .
My mate bought a new front door online , it was a lot cheaper than my new front door , it fitted ok , but it is what it was ... cheap.

Its ridiculous that catalogues and showrooms display bathrooms that are the size of the Royal Albert Hall, where it takes two minutes to walk from the toilet to the basin, or longer to walk to the the shower enclosure than it takes to have the intended shower .
Our bathroom is two metres x two metres. The toilet pan cannot be repositioned because of the stupid position of the soil pipe ( Greavsie !!!).... . This soil pipe also determines the wash basin has to be in the area it is now .
Given that those two items are non negotiable in the design ..... , apart from just ripping out the old and putting in the same , but new , our quest for a new super duper designer bathroom isn’t going very far .
I made up cardboard cut outs of the profiles of shower cubicles and shower baths yesterday evening , laid them over the bath , which gave us an idea of the floor space we would end up with .
The stroll from the toilet to the shower cubicle increased dramatically. It’s a good two milliseconds now . An increase of one millisecond. At least you couldn’t touch the shower while we were sitting on the toilet, like you can with a bath . If you were so disposed you could put your feet up on the bath whilst sat on our pan , well, one foot , anyway .
So the quest continues .
Im sure Jose has the same problems , Dier or Toby , Sanchez or Davies , bath or shower , .. at least he is allowed substitutions .

have a good day , keep alert , more than ever now . Don’t let it get you down , COVID I mean , not my bathroom, . If everyone keeps to the guidelines it would help . Keep away from Pompey’s numpties . There are a lot of them about

Having an A&E emergency in my neck of the woods is a challenge now too.

Crews are not reporting for shift (so many frontline workers are now putting their own H&S first) and Covid suspected cases are being prioritised beyond all others.

The waiting times/free slot for an ambulance to arrive is horrendous. But without the staff, the ambulances are just empty trucks with no purpose.
That's pretty bad in your neck of the woods ex, obviously it didn't happen with Mrs PY on Saturday, that is Ambulance crews, but whilst in hospital the missus said in the evening the nurses brought their chairs in and had a chat with her, one comment they said stood out, was that the section that she was in "the very vunerable HA section" was the emptyist they had ever seen/known it and went on further to say are they leaving people at home to ?.

I must admit when walking to and fro Mrs PY's room/ward I thought to myself...they don't seem very busy in here, in fact quite laid back, as its our area's main hospital, but it did have me thinking.

Two days ago in a road near me a pedestrian was involved in a hit and run, 2 ambulances turned up.

Keep safe all, as Walt said my lol! numpties are still about.

Walthy never mind bathrooms mate....'the dreaded flat pack still exists FFS.

Old days it was MFI that started it all off....put the bit of furniture together as per instructions (yeah right!) and at the end 20 bits and peices still lying around, screws etc...did I miss something? Were they spares? Were the guys filling the plastic bags with bits so thick they could not count?

Well my daughter has finally moved to Norfolk and spent time helping....... lots of flat packs awaiting my arrival ....'do my head in time'!

So time consuming if I got the minimum wage for time spent assembling them it would be cheaper and less stressful to buy an item already built FFS!

Ah well back home before national lockdown land and her and the kids settled in....

So Walthy advice is do not get a flat pack bath and shower (ha ha!)

Morning all .
Saturday upon us once again.
Seems like there are more Saturdays than ever now... . I’m sure we didn’t get this many in the good old days !
Walk to the paper shop for my linen , it’s become the norm now to get one for mother in law as well , I don’t mind though , it’s a half hour round trip , but she enjoys the Saturday supplements and I enjoy her company .
I think we have settled for a quadrant shower cubicle in the bathroom , (900x900) it gives us plenty of room for the showering bit and lots of room for base units to house the cistern and cover all the waste pipes ., and store the toilet rolls ., and have a mirror , all the important things .
You are right about the flat packs though Greavsie, pain in the proverbial . Not you !.... The flat pack invention .
Ive done so many of them over the years that I have a large bucket full of screws and odd shaped bits of metal that belong in the “will come in handy one day “ section of the garage .
To be fair, IKEA don’t seem to have that problem , you don’t tend to have any excess of anything with them .,although they do have an area where you can go and help yourself and make your own leftover bits . I always go there when I’m in the store..... got to keep the “come in handy” bucket topped up . It just seems so much more satisfying to rummage about and find the thing you need ,,rather than have it in a nice plastic bag . IMO !!!!!

Anyhow , we now have a nice computer generated drawing of our new bathroom to ponder over . Looks lovely . Lots of planning to do , I’m going to be busy Nick , I’m sure that is music to your eyes , what will you do with all the time you may save by not reading my diatribes. :shrug:.
Then again , I’m sure there will be lots of interesting things that will be happening . What could go wrong? Playing about with electric , water , sewerage , cast iron soil pipes . Tiles and paint . Ha ha . Bet you can’t wait .
keep safe , listen to Pompey

There is a very interesting programme that used to be on BBC called Room 101 , I think that is an room where things that are too good to throw away but are not needed anymore are put ,.
got me thinking . What thing would go into that “room “ ,doesn’t have to be items , could be anything .
One of the first things I would put in there would be the people that descend on you as you walk into a store and ask if “ you need any help today “ . Really winds me up . I told one bloke this week that i was looking for for hope and inspiration . The look on his face was priceless . at least the bit I could see from above his mask .,...
Next I would put One Coat paint . It doesn’t ! There should be a law against it ! I should be able to sue the company that promises their paints will do the job in one coat . The fence paint I used in the summer was One Coat .
It took three!!!!
I’m sure there are a million other things , but..... gotta go . Papers don’t deliver themselves you know . Stay safe .