Good Morning Thread | Page 164 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Morning all
Morning Nick .
Our bathroom quest continues , good arguments put forward by you Nick , regarding bath or shower .,
At the moment , we have a bath with the shower over the opposite end to the taps , hot water fed from the combi boiler . Boiler is downstairs , bathroom is upstairs but we still get a good pressure to the shower head .
our thinking was that because it’s not that easy to get OUT of the bath anymore , as much as we love soaking in it , it would be more convenient to do away with the bath and install a walk in style shower.
Now , it may well be more convenient to have a walk in style shower , but it certainly isn’t easier or more convenient to install one.,

we have come up against a myriad of problems with the usual suspects of waterproofing, drainage and concealment of pipes .
We have a cast iron soil pipe located internally and boxed in , within the bathroom , all tiled over ,
I took out a section of the boxing to investigate and found that the bath and basin wastes are run in two inch copper pipes and connected to the soil pipe in four inch branches . Obviously the wc does the same but in a four inch cast iron pipe .
Ive almost got to demolish half the house to remove the cast iron soil pipe and replace it with a plastic one .,It must have built in with the house .
It all can be done of course , but it’s more of a job than it was first anticipated.
So , we are now looking at alternative ideas ........

Looks like it’s not a bad start to the day , quite calm out there .
Hope your wife is comfortable Pompey , I know she will be well looked after . You are a good man , that comes across loud and clear ........

you are right about bathroom accessories Greavsie , how are we supposed to keep up with everything . I had people asking me what bar I had yesterday! !!!!!!!
I only wanted a tap , not invite him round for a knees up!
Apparently you buy taps now based on what type of service you get from the water company . What the fuck is that about !
As for showers , don’t even go there , with lights , without lights , digital or manual , thermostatic or burn your gonads off , tropical storm or gentle rain or remove the top layer of your skin . Even remote control , turn the kin thing on before you get out of bed in the morning . Pre programmed to whatever you want without touching the thing .
No one turns up to dry you off though . Not that ‘kin clever are they .
.Any way , I’m sure you are fascinated Nick , and want me to explain more , but I can’t , sorry. There is a new place we haven’t been to yet , can’t leave that one out .
Off for another bamboozaling .
Have a good day , keep your masks on, keep safe and alert . Look after each other .... be worthy !

Morning all
Morning Nick .
Our bathroom quest continues , good arguments put forward by you Nick , regarding bath or shower .,
At the moment , we have a bath with the shower over the opposite end to the taps , hot water fed from the combi boiler . Boiler is downstairs , bathroom is upstairs but we still get a good pressure to the shower head .
our thinking was that because it’s not that easy to get OUT of the bath anymore , as much as we love soaking in it , it would be more convenient to do away with the bath and install a walk in style shower.
Now , it may well be more convenient to have a walk in style shower , but it certainly isn’t easier or more convenient to install one.,

we have come up against a myriad of problems with the usual suspects of waterproofing, drainage and concealment of pipes .
We have a cast iron soil pipe located internally and boxed in , within the bathroom , all tiled over ,
I took out a section of the boxing to investigate and found that the bath and basin wastes are run in two inch copper pipes and connected to the soil pipe in four inch branches . Obviously the wc does the same but in a four inch cast iron pipe .
Ive almost got to demolish half the house to remove the cast iron soil pipe and replace it with a plastic one .,It must have built in with the house .
It all can be done of course , but it’s more of a job than it was first anticipated.
So , we are now looking at alternative ideas ........

Looks like it’s not a bad start to the day , quite calm out there .
Hope your wife is comfortable Pompey , I know she will be well looked after . You are a good man , that comes across loud and clear ........

you are right about bathroom accessories Greavsie , how are we supposed to keep up with everything . I had people asking me what bar I had yesterday! !!!!!!!
I only wanted a tap , not invite him round for a knees up!
Apparently you buy taps now based on what type of service you get from the water company . What the fuck is that about !
As for showers , don’t even go there , with lights , without lights , digital or manual , thermostatic or burn your gonads off , tropical storm or gentle rain or remove the top layer of your skin . Even remote control , turn the kin thing on before you get out of bed in the morning . Pre programmed to whatever you want without touching the thing .
No one turns up to dry you off though . Not that ‘kin clever are they .
.Any way , I’m sure you are fascinated Nick , and want me to explain more , but I can’t , sorry. There is a new place we haven’t been to yet , can’t leave that one out .
Off for another bamboozaling .
Have a good day , keep your masks on, keep safe and alert . Look after each other .... be worthy !

FFS Walthy were you born lucky! You seem to be destined to spend your life in activities surrounding soil ...your allotment, your pipes, wet dreams eh! (oops not what I meant), as you get on a bit soiled underwear to look forward to as well.

Think ahead mate, sod the shower, get a bath with a door.

FFS now whats that all about?...well apparently as you get older and can't cock yer leg over the side of the a bath without losing yer balance and falling and breaking a hip and ending up in hospital and catching Covid.. we should all be sensible (depending on your time of life) and get the model with the door and a comfy seat inside...just don't forget in your dementia moments to let the water out before opening the door.......Niagra Falls, collapsed ceiling, ruined carpets and furniture, blown up tv....but on the bright side....no hospital!

You know it makes sense.

Have a great day folks....

Afternoon all, well Mrs PY is back home and don't I know it lol! though so glad she is back, loads of exercises to do, that keeps her busy, but yesterday on arrival home the Bulldog went off his head at her with joy, jumping up, barking, bring her his toys and so on, then maybe 10 or 15mins later back off to his bed in the conservatory, that'll do me he thought.

Afterwards Mrs PY was cleaning out her hospital bag and getting it ready for next time, her words, then came the effin n blindin, so went to have a look, there she was holding up 3 items of clothing, stretch jeans, knickers and bra, look at them the buggers cut them off me, am not bothered about the knickers and jeans but my bra is brand new, first time I have wore it, my comment well you will not be wearing it again, said with a smirk, her reaction and words well you can guess haha, me I thought my lovely wife is back safe n sound.

So as to day its now all about keeping an eye on her, encouragement etc, and my normal Caring duties, easy peasy lol!

All of you a big thanks again for your best wishes, which I informed her of, result a massive smile, with comments you Spurs lot, so thanks again.

Just finished reading the latest posts, comedy, sarcasm right up my street.

Look after yourselves and your kin, the shits are still out there.