Good Morning Thread | Page 120 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

I don't think you get the 200 series Landcruiser in the UK. You get the little brother, The Landcruiser Prado...not for me. Much smaller and less luxurious, with a little 4 pot engine.

The proper Landcruiser 200 series has been globally crowned King of the Road, and is also brilliant off road. Can't see me taking it on the beach or through the scrub. Don't want to scratch that pearl white metallic paint.
Thanks for that Hod, though I will still have a search today, maybe some have been imported, like I did with my Dodge 1500 Daytona, with its Hemi 5.7 V8 Magnum.

Afternoon all, next episode in the "Spiky Bing Bong" series, last night approx 20.45, whilst taking a fresh loaf out of the Bread maker I noticed BT standing looking at something on the lawn, well if you can call it that now, he/BT also kept looking towards the kitchen window, so went out to have a look, yep you've guessed it 2 spiky balls, so maybe BT thought better not take em indoors, rang the hog rescue and they arrived round home about 10 mins later to take them safely away.

Am still trying to find out where they come from, but that might be the last of them for now, 4no rescued, well done BT.

Any further news will be updated on here.

What about this, I have just for the first time ever seen an All Black squirrel, no not a New Zealander, coming to my "restaurant tree for wildies" area to get peanuts, any one know anything about all Black Furred squirrels, or is immigration just going one step to far lol!

I don't think you get the 200 series Landcruiser in the UK. You get the little brother, The Landcruiser Prado...not for me. Much smaller and less luxurious, with a little 4 pot engine.

The proper Landcruiser 200 series has been globally crowned King of the Road, and is also brilliant off road. Can't see me taking it on the beach or through the scrub. Don't want to scratch that pearl white metallic paint.
Hey Hod, as I said I had a look/search for the Landcruiser, found a report by Auto Express from August 2015, report said...

Toyota were to stop selling the Land Cruiser V8 4.4litre, priced at £65,715.00 in Great Britain 2015, having sold them from 2008.
Reason, they couldn't compete value wise with the BMW X5 or the Range Rover Sport TDV6.

Also at the same time Toyota were releasing the Land Cruiser 200 series, V8 5.7litre, in Japan, never to be sold in Britain, so you are correct there.

Thanks again, I found it all very interesting.

Oh yes my missus cannot get enough of Aussie TV series, she hides behind a cushion watching 3 series of "Wolf Creek" about a psycho called Mick, watched 6 or 7 series of "No place to call home" set after the 2nd world war, now she is bingeing on a 7 series, 40+ episodes in each called "Blue Heelers" set in the mid 90's, that's just 3 there are a number more.

Morning all
, So Saturday comes round again . Ennit quick !
Spent a day engrossed in the snooker yesterday , what a great days play . Don’t believe a word of what O’Sullivan is saying, but then I don’t understand a lot about him . Never have .
Realised something yesterday that we have done , me and my wife , probably all our life , the “keeping something for best “ syndrome , . Buy something nice , shoes , shirt , trousers etc and don’t wear them except for extreme occasions, put them away and avoid wearing them as much as you can . Bring them out on Holiday , Christmas Day ......
Well , it’s happened again this week and it really made me laugh at myself , we have got quite a few of those disposable masks that we don’t really throw away , use them a few times , I’ve got one clipped behind the sun visor in my my car , and one on the coat hook by the front door so I’ve not got an excuse for forgetting one , both the disposable type , we've also got a couple of those that you can wash , then we went out and bought some pukka expensive ones and these are the ones that made me laugh coz we are saving them for best !!!!!!!!! Can you believe it !! What is wrong with us . We are actually saving Covid face masks for important occasions !
I saw a bloke the other day who had a handlebar moustache on the outside of his one , brilliant , moustaches don’t suit me, I don’t think , make me look a bit of of a prick , , Nick would think I am one anyway ! , but this looked good , and not being able to see my boat race , I could probably get away with it .
Got to get something like that now !

The other thing about this lockdown that’s not a lockdown anymore , is that I’ve got a pot full of rifle that I’ve had since February . I don’t spend it anymore .
I must have about twenty pounds worth of the stuff , normally it would get used in the battle , but I haven’t been there and I hear they don’t like using it there anymore , either .

Hope you are all well ,Hope all your engines are finely tuned , tees set , balls gleaming , weeds weeded , tubs bubbling ,Hedge hog repatriation mission complete , wasps eradicated, work done for the the week and all targets met , and ready to start all over again next week .
Don’t care what Ex says , I love this thread !!!! And all it stands for . Saving face masks for best! ,,,,,,, how ‘kin sad is that !!!

Take care , don’t get complacent , it will grab you if you do . It could be behind you now !!!.

To put some persepctive on all this car talk... I was 17 and my mate taught me to drive, and by the way and even gave me motorway experience which was not a requirement of course in thiose days, when we drove up from london for a Wednesday night League Cup game away at Liverpool. Had to take the L plates off though as a learner couldn't go on a motorway! So soon I was driving solo in the car I bought introducing bad habits (as we all do) so the day before I took the test I paid for one driving lesson just to check all ok, Afterwards the driving instructor said...well you are fine but one thing I suggest you to do not roll the window down (remember those hand cranked jobbies) and rest your right arm on the window mate! On day of test I drove myself to the centre and parked and went on. When we came out the tester said where is your co-driver? I said he had to go to work and left me and car here. He gave a disbelieving look and said ...and if you fail? I said it would be the bus home for me and my co-driver would pick it up later. Yeah right!

Passed and got into my car for my first official legal drive!

Oh forgot the car ......it was a Fiat 850 cc ..cant remember the model though ...beauty of it was it had manual levered reclining front seats (must have been a luxury model) which were put to great use...usually after a disco or nightclub! But the gear stick was a bugger heh heh

You don’t do jokes , do you Nick . I humbly apologise .

No problem. The written joke sometimes goes unnoticed. In the pub, if I had gone into a longish exploration of engine sounds and my mate came back with....Sad....I would have turned my head slowly to look at him and curled up my lip like Elvis and accused him of being a peasant or something similar.

To put some persepctive on all this car talk... I was 17 and my mate taught me to drive, and by the way and even gave me motorway experience which was not a requirement of course in thiose days, when we drove up from london for a Wednesday night League Cup game away at Liverpool. Had to take the L plates off though as a learner couldn't go on a motorway! So soon I was driving solo in the car I bought introducing bad habits (as we all do) so the day before I took the test I paid for one driving lesson just to check all ok, Afterwards the driving instructor said...well you are fine but one thing I suggest you to do not roll the window down (remember those hand cranked jobbies) and rest your right arm on the window mate! On day of test I drove myself to the centre and parked and went on. When we came out the tester said where is your co-driver? I said he had to go to work and left me and car here. He gave a disbelieving look and said ...and if you fail? I said it would be the bus home for me and my co-driver would pick it up later. Yeah right!

Passed and got into my car for my first official legal drive!

Oh forgot the car ......it was a Fiat 850 cc ..cant remember the model though ...beauty of it was it had manual levered reclining front seats (must have been a luxury model) which were put to great use...usually after a disco or nightclub! But the gear stick was a bugger heh heh

The Fiat 850 Coupe is one of my favourite classics very pretty. Pininfarina or Bertone design, not sure.

Morning all
Spent a day engrossed in the snooker yesterday , what a great days play . Don’t believe a word of what O’Sullivan is saying, but then I don’t understand a lot about him . Never have .
Realised something yesterday that we have done , me and my wife , probably all our life , the “keeping something for best “ syndrome , . Buy something nice , shoes , shirt , trousers etc and don’t wear them except for extreme occasions, put them away and avoid wearing them as much as you can . Bring them out on Holiday , Christmas Day ......
Well , it’s happened again this week and it really made me laugh at myself , we have got quite a few of those disposable masks that we don’t really throw away , use them a few times , I’ve got one clipped behind the sun visor in my my car , and one on the coat hook by the front door so I’ve not got an excuse for forgetting one , both the disposable type , we've also got a couple of those that you can wash , then we went out and bought some pukka expensive ones and these are the ones that made me laugh coz we are saving them for best !!!!!!!!! Can you believe it !! What is wrong with us . We are actually saving Covid face masks for important occasions !
I saw a bloke the other day who had a handlebar moustache on the outside of his one , brilliant , moustaches don’t suit me, I don’t think , make me look a bit of of a prick , , Nick would think I am one anyway ! , but this looked good , and not being able to see my boat race , I could probably get away with it .

The other thing about this lockdown that’s not a lockdown anymore , is that I’ve got a pot full of rifle that I’ve had since February . I don’t spend it anymore .
I must have about twenty pounds worth of the stuff , normally it would get used in the battle , but I haven’t been there and I hear they don’t like using it there anymore , either .

Hope you are all well ,Hope all your engines are finely tuned , tees set , balls gleaming , weeds weeded , tubs bubbling ,Hedge hog repatriation mission complete , wasps eradicated, work done for the the week and all targets met , and ready to start all over again next week .
Don’t care what Ex says , I love this thread !!!! And all it stands for . Saving face masks for best! ,,,,,,, how ‘kin sad is that !!!

Take care , don’t get complacent , it will grab you if you do . It could be behind you now !!!.
Hahahahah, need I say more, YES! funny ?, so your read everything then, well said.

Good morning all, way cooler, overcast so a hell of a lot more comfortable or so er in doors said.

"Spiky Bing Bong" looks like final episode, no more last night or first thing this morning, 6am, so it looks like mission complete, Hogs family rescued and safely placed in the countryside, Denmead way.

Look after your kin and yourselves.

I love the apocryphal story from many years ago about tourists landing in Miami and hiring a car to get to their final destination....the car in question turned out to be one of those original Fiat panda thingies.....off they set just as the afternoon monsoon rains started....anyone who has been there knows you can’t see your hand in front of your face and really need to pull over....but the intrepid tourists switched on the windscreen wipers and attempted to drive on...of course it’s also hotter than hell down there in summer so they had the air on on full blast, and then in an attempt to see better they switched the headlights on at which point the little car refused to move as it didn’t have enough power to drive all the electrical systems and the wheels at the same time...which probably saved the idiots lives...no idea if it was a true story or just Urban myth, but it made me laugh..

Morning all

Riffle, battle?...what do you get up to?

I think Ronnie decides to take the piss on his interviews. This time he had a bet with someone on how many times he could mention the word cue or cue action.
Previously of course he did an entire interview in Aussie accent.

Somebody needs to latch onto to it and throw it right back in his face by going along with it.

Riffle, battle?...what do you get up to?
Sorry H !
sunk back into me good old Cockeny Talk .

rifle = rifle range = change / pound coins etc .
battle = cattle cruiser= boozer / pub,

having just written that, Harry , I realised what you were on about . I didn’t connect the the rifle and battle , ha ha . You have to stay alert .

Last edited:
I think Ronnie decides to take the piss on his interviews. This time he had a bet with someone on how many times he could mention the word cue or cue action.
Previously of course he did an entire interview in Aussie accent.

Somebody needs to latch onto to it and throw it right back in his face by going along with it.
That interview was just ridiculous. Taking the piss is correct . If he doesn’t care about the game he shouldn’t be there . If he does care , he shouldn’t be coming out with crap like he has been