Good Morning Thread | Page 115 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Sorry Walt, I never said how pleased I am to hear your news, and I’m sure with your plumbing expertise you will be able to advise the surgeon on how to do the next phase properly...anyway, it’s one less thing for you guys to worry about so very goo news.

I see on another thread you described golf as a waste of a good walk well today I would agree with you....one of the guys I was playing with got so frustrated with himself that he quit after 9 holes and by the time I finished I wish I had as well, but, then some socially distanced drinking and tall tale telling made the day worthwhile.

My mate Paul told us a great story of when he and his mates were given an old, knackered fishing boat moored by the cockle sheds by Leigh high street where the Peter Boat is.....they used it for line fishing for a couple of years until one day one of the gang had a bright idea...there was a big cast iron stove in the cabin area and this guy suggested that if they took it out it would make more room for them inside....so he freed it up from the fastenings and carried the thing which weighed about 140 pounds towards the stern intentending to drop it over the side but instead dropped it on the floor of the boat and it went straight through to a watery grave and left them with a very tricky trip back to shore....fortunately they were only just off the sand bank in the deep water so managed to make it to safety.

Happy memories...

Sorry Walt, I never said how pleased I am to hear your news, and I’m sure with your plumbing expertise you will be able to advise the surgeon on how to do the next phase properly...anyway, it’s one less thing for you guys to worry about so very goo news.

I see on another thread you described golf as a waste of a good walk well today I would agree with you....one of the guys I was playing with got so frustrated with himself that he quit after 9 holes and by the time I finished I wish I had as well, but, then some socially distanced drinking and tall tale telling made the day worthwhile.

My mate Paul told us a great story of when he and his mates were given an old, knackered fishing boat moored by the cockle sheds by Leigh high street where the Peter Boat is.....they used it for line fishing for a couple of years until one day one of the gang had a bright idea...there was a big cast iron stove in the cabin area and this guy suggested that if they took it out it would make more room for them inside....so he freed it up from the fastenings and carried the thing which weighed about 140 pounds towards the stern intentending to drop it over the side but instead dropped it on the floor of the boat and it went straight through to a watery grave and left them with a very tricky trip back to shore....fortunately they were only just off the sand bank in the deep water so managed to make it to safety.

Happy memories...
Thanks H .
I had my knees resurfaced( football related wear and tear. ) just before I retired through our companies Health Care Scheme . The surgeon I was referred to was the same bloke that did a lot of the Pompey and Saints players , good bloke , very down to earth and explained the procedure to me in terms of my profession rather than his . He said “ I’m going to drill two holes either side of your knees . In one hole I put my camera and in the other I put my Dremmel ( a small drill with lots of attachments ).. I’m going to move your knee cap and stick a plastic strip on the underside , grind the bones smooth where they move against each other , put it all back together , and spray a load of WD40 in there “........ made sense to me . Think I can explain in a similar fashion what the surgeon has to do with my wife . !
I will have a word in his shell like !
I love the idea of the socially distanced drinking , haven’t done it myself yet , just can’t seem to put my trust in loads of others. I don’t think I would be able to relax . Do you have to give your personal details over the bar when you go in . ( phone number etc ?).
I know 80 % of the people that go into our local and I’m sure they would stay away if there was any doubt , but it only takes one to declare symptoms days after .........
Love the boat story , there just has to be a joke to be made of that , give me time ,or Greavsie will come up with something .
It’s been pretty hot at night hasn’t it . 29 degrees in our lounge last night . We had three fans going all evening .
Tried to watch that Revenance film on BBC , what was that all about ? Gave up after about fifty minutes .
another day of doing nothing , getting horizontal in the garden this afternoon Is about as strenuous as it’s going to get . Will have to water the allotment this evening when it hopefully cools down .
, stay safe one and all . don’t fuck it up now .

Happy memories...

So the boat stove in then!

Morning all, a few pages back, there was chat about the wives hinting even telling about "those Jobs" that need doing, well yesterday I fell right into the trap set by Mrs PY, "get your measure tape and check this out" she said, so as a good dutiful hubby I did so, then it came " measure the Kitchen work top area's, as a saddo I asked why? to be answered I am happy with my Kitchen, my Ktchen! I do the cooking lol!, but I ain't happy with the work tops so please re-new them all, followed with description of colour required then adding, take off all tiles and replace with this colour "splash back" all round, in addition the recycle/waste bin area needs 2 new shelves the same colour as the new work tops, I stood with my gob open looking at her, for her to add, when will it all be finished?
I have to ask fellas how long has she been planning this, almost articulate D-Day planning.

Caught hook line and sinker, work tops ordered so job will commence.

Off in a mo to do my "normal Sunday routine".

Keep safe everyone, do as you all know is right.

I picked up what was supposed to be an artists easel today. It's a wooden board with metal frame behind it which can be set at different angles.
By researching the maker I found out it's a technical drawing board, not really for artists.
It would make a great gift to someone with a failed business. You could hand it to them and say.....back to the old drawing board mate !!!

Thanks H .
I had my knees resurfaced( football related wear and tear. ) just before I retired through our companies Health Care Scheme . The surgeon I was referred to was the same bloke that did a lot of the Pompey and Saints players , good bloke , very down to earth and explained the procedure to me in terms of my profession rather than his . He said “ I’m going to drill two holes either side of your knees . In one hole I put my camera and in the other I put my Dremmel ( a small drill with lots of attachments ).. I’m going to move your knee cap and stick a plastic strip on the underside , grind the bones smooth where they move against each other , put it all back together , and spray a load of WD40 in there “........ made sense to me . Think I can explain in a similar fashion what the surgeon has to do with my wife . !
I will have a word in his shell like !
I love the idea of the socially distanced drinking , haven’t done it myself yet , just can’t seem to put my trust in loads of others. I don’t think I would be able to relax . Do you have to give your personal details over the bar when you go in . ( phone number etc ?).
I know 80 % of the people that go into our local and I’m sure they would stay away if there was any doubt , but it only takes one to declare symptoms days after .........
Love the boat story , there just has to be a joke to be made of that , give me time ,or Greavsie will come up with something .
It’s been pretty hot at night hasn’t it . 29 degrees in our lounge last night . We had three fans going all evening .
Tried to watch that Revenance film on BBC , what was that all about ? Gave up after about fifty minutes .
another day of doing nothing , getting horizontal in the garden this afternoon Is about as strenuous as it’s going to get . Will have to water the allotment this evening when it hopefully cools down .
, stay safe one and all . don’t fuck it up now .
When the clubhouse first reopened they used the function room which is huge with tables that normally seat 8-10 people and restricted it to 4 to a table....on entry had to use hand sanitizer and sign in with name, time and contact phone number...good social distancing but restricted numbers...this week they moved us into a much smaller bar area and yesterday was a club competition with a full tee-list....same entry procedure as required by current regulations, and when our group finished we went in for a beer and there was plenty of space for social distancing...it’s all seated...but as more of the 30 something gangs came in I’m afraid social distancing and masks etc went by the wayside...not deliberately, but people just being unaware and caught up in discussing their game...it’s so easy to get caught up in it...we left as soon as it filled up..will be more alert next time...
I have a lesson with our lady pro tomorrow but will not be partaking of a beverage....unless she asks of course.

I picked up what was supposed to be an artists easel today. It's a wooden board with metal frame behind it which can be set at different angles.
By researching the maker I found out it's a technical drawing board, not really for artists.
It would make a great gift to someone with a failed business. You could hand it to them and say.....back to the old drawing board mate !!!
I used to use a technical drawing board when I was at Poplar Technical College for one day a week as part of my apprenticeship . They are a really clever piece of kit . Never seen or used one since !

Good morning all , lovely night , wasn’t hot at all ! It was thirty ‘ kin degrees in our lounge last night . That is absolutely ridiculous. All my balls dropped on my water filled thermometer thingy , in fact , they all dropped on Friday and haven’t risen since . The coconut oil I use for shaving has melted , its normally solid , now it’s just sloshing around in the tub . Makes it easier to use though. Forecast is for 37 today . 99 in old money . My wife can’t stand it , I love it . Don’t really like the sticky sweaty air indoors though . Three fans have been on the go all night pushing the hot air around . It’s worry pleasant on the patio at the moment .
good luck with the golf lesson Harry , hope it goes well .
went to the allotment yesterday evening and found that the foxes had trampled my cabbages to the ground , bastards . I may have been lucky and saved about five or six . They have been growing lovely ( the cabbages , not the foxes!) under netting all this time , since early spring , and were really coming on well. Foxes decided it would be great fun to jump up on the netting and play all over it . Good job we don’t have a cat !!!! But that’s another story as I said earlier !
hope you are all well , ready for another week of stupidity . It’s dangerous and worrying that these morons live amongst us . I thought fathers had to have some sort of intelligence . One bloke decided it would be great to bundle his family of six into a car and drive to Dorset’s most visited beach , Durdle Dor, from Birmingham! Did he actually , for one second think the beach would be deserted ! Did he even think that other morons who inhabit this Isle may have had the same thought . And then to top it all off , he has the whole thing of being sent back and told to go home recorded on unsocial media , just to ram home his moronishment for the nation to see . Ah bless him . Bless them all really .
stay safe , keep cool ha ha , stay away from morons ,,they can pop up from anywhere

Last edited:
Good morning all , lovely night , wasn’t hot at all ! It was thirty ‘ kin degrees in our lounge last night . That is absolutely ridiculous. All my balls dropped on my water filled thermometer thingy , in fact , they all dropped on Friday and haven’t risen since . The coconut oil I use for shaving has melted , its normally solid , now it’s just sloshing around in the tub . Makes it easier to use though. Forecast is for 37 today . 99 in old money . My wife can’t stand it , I love it . Don’t really like the sticky sweaty air indoors though . Three fans have been on the go all night pushing the hot air around . It’s worry pleasant on the patio at the moment .
good luck with the golf lesson Harry , hope it goes well .
went to the allotment yesterday evening and found that the foxes had trampled my cabbages to the ground , bastards . I may have been lucky and saved about five or six . They have been growing lovely ( the cabbages , not the foxes!) under netting all this time , since early spring , and were really coming on well. Foxes decided it would be great fun to jump up on the netting and play all over it . Good job we don’t have a cat !!!! But that’s another story as I said earlier !
hope you are all well , ready for another week of stupidity . It’s dangerous and worrying that these morons live amongst us . I thought fathers had to have some sort of intelligence . One bloke decided it would be great to bundle his family of six into a car and drive to Dorset’s most visited beach , Durdle Dor, from Birmingham! Did he actually , for one second think the beach would be deserted ! Did he even think that other morons who inhabit this Isle may have had the same thought . And then to top it all off , he has the whole thing of being sent back and told to go home recorded on unsocial media , just to ram home his moronishment for the nation to see . Ah bless him . Bless them all really .
stay safe , keep cool ha ha , stay away from morons ,,they can pop up from anywhere
I remember when those Morons used to call round with their pamphlets...one upside of the pandemic is stoping that...

Your cabbages report reminded me of when I lived down south and we had a neighbour who claimed to be deaf as a post but could hear what he wanted to hear...anyway, one day he decided to breed rabbits in the small sheds we all had at the end of our gardens...he knew my wife’s dad had bred rabbits up North so he asked her to sex them for him, which she did...he also had a very organised vegetable garden which was in full growth at the time when he decided to let his rabbits out of their cages to have a roam around his garden.....he put a chicken wire cover over his lettuces and let them loose....about an hour later we heard a lot of swearing from next door when he saw that the rabbits had dug under his chicken wire funnel and ate all his lettuces...along with the tops off his beetroots and of course had a good go at his carrots as well....we couldn’t stop laughing...the rabbits disappeared a few days later...

Cloudy and sticky for my golf lesson today after which I am expecting to have the perfect swing...aim high and don’t be afraid to fall short which is a good daily motto to have in life generally....keep safe everyone..stay alert..

I further read that the moron from Birmingham, set off at 8am and didn’t arrive till nearly two . What sort of say did he think he was giving his family . You couldn’t make it up .,apparently he was “ outraged “ to find the roads closed and police telling him to go home !!!!! Hope the kids enjoyed their day out ! It’s them j feel sorry for .

Morning all ,
Well , we had the results of my wife’s recent examinations and they are all good . The operation was a complete success and she has been placed onto the waiting list to reverse the stoma . That is , to rejoin the large and small intestines and get her back to a normal way of life without having a bag attached to her .
this is brilliant news . They haven’t given us a date yet , but the fact that everything has healed up inside is a big step in the right direction .
after her initial operation , they took biopsies which showed an all clear situation , but she still has to go through follow up investigations this January, which will be a year , then a two year investigation and a five year one .
To say she and I are delighted is an understatement . She has done so well , how she copes I don’t know . She says she has no choice , which is correct of course.
her lockdown has been since January .
We just have to be patient now .
Hope you are all well safe and secure , don’t let the side down , we don’t want substitutes at any stage.
new signings are always welcome though!

So happy for your wife and your good self. Fantastic news Walt!

So what beast of a car is this Pompey or have you just got the engine mounted on a box-cart like one of Wesley’s creations in Last of the Summer Wine?
Not quite a car Harry, it is a Dodge Ram 1500 "Daytona" Pick up truck, they only built approx 6000+ of them in 2005, 2 different models..single cab or double cab, 2 colours Silverine or GoMango/Copper, to commemorate Dodge winning the Daytona Grand Prix using a Charger some 50 years prior, and as at the time they were not building/selling Chargers they decided to do the dedication using their famous Dodge Ram 1500.

Everything about it is upgraded from the normal Ram 1500, the Laramie, though same shape, more powerful engine, bigger wheels, extra gears in the auto box, there are far to many more differences to mention.

I bought it/imported it from Canada in Jan 2006, it goes like shit of a shovel and a real head turner. Mrs PY reckons it comes before her lol! She has no idea lol!

Sounds like a great piece of kit Pompey. The greenies would hate me. One of my cars is a 6 litre V8 Holden Special Vehicles (Walkinshaw built) Grange. Just shy of 500HP and drinks more than me. Its a limited build and going up in value due to no more Holden being made and definitely no more V8's .
I take her out some weekends. 0-60MPH in 4.4 secs.

Keeps me young.

Attachments

• HSV 355i.jpg
    HSV 355i.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2855.JPG
    IMG_2855.JPG
    517 KB · Views: 8