O/T The Future | Page 3 | Vital Football

O/T The Future

Uni sector or private? - as it's the uni and institutions buying AI kit/engines like it's going out of fashion!

A guy who used to work for me is selling shed loads of it and probably knows every opportunity in those sectors inside out - I can always tap him up for you?

God, this place is incredible.

Thanks Ex.

Austin housing really went up the last 5-7 years, some areas more than others, but I agree :)

My brother in law lives in Oakville, house prices in Canada are mental.

Oakville is the highest per capita income in Canada.

The difference, you'll spend on health care.
Exactly what I was going to say although you can offset most of it against tax...when I was looking at the possibility of moving there last year, and accepting I’m an old git the best quote I got, without them knowing anything about me except my age was $950 a month and that was just for serious hospital admission conditions only....didn’t include visits to doctors or dental treatment and you have to buy your own prescribed drugs at commercial rates...you don’t become eligible for the Medicare programme which does offset the costs until you have paid taxes for 5 years...explains why millions of Americans have no health insurance,

Exactly what I was going to say although you can offset most of it against tax...when I was looking at the possibility of moving there last year, and accepting I’m an old git the best quote I got, without them knowing anything about me except my age was $950 a month and that was just for serious hospital admission conditions only....didn’t include visits to doctors or dental treatment and you have to buy your own prescribed drugs at commercial rates...you don’t become eligible for the Medicare programme which does offset the costs until you have paid taxes for 5 years...explains why millions of Americans have no health insurance,

The biggest tragedy in US History in my eyes is their failure to establish a universal health service 'free' at the point of delivery. I'm a born again capitalist through and through, but the way the right have characterized those who advocate a compassionate approach in the US is mind-boggling. When I was in the states, I got the best of the best and never had to think about it how to pay for it twice; but I've also seen good smart hard-working, well-paid people virtually bankrupted by the system in the states.

My future is dependent on my health situation being resolved. I have an antiques business in the form of online sales and a large shop. The shop although obviously shut provides a storage facility for my stock which is online plus a retail outlet on a busy farm complex with complimentary businesses such as a very busy Tearooms, dog grooming, boutique etc.
I was also a courier which provided income but also opportunities to deliver items bought from me in combination with the courier delivery. It also linked in with buying stock to replenish the shop. I have been in the antiques game for many years and know where to find stock all over the country.

I had to give up the courier work due to worsening health issues and this had an adverse effect on stock sourcing plus the obvious massive drop in revenue. Now this virus has compounded my problems by closing another revenue stream. All I have is online sales which are understandably severely depressed.

I had visions and dreams of gradually moving into higher end art and antiques where profit margins are better but that seems a long way off now, possibly unreachable. I was able to find paintings by known and famous artists due to my art knowledge and signature recognition .

I have other skill sets I could tap into but again until I get my health back I cant contemplate those. Now I have to seriously consider losing the shop and all that goes with it, storage, footfall, future potential in my semi retired future years, art gallery display opportunity ( pictures in the flesh have more impact than on line ).

I feel neutered, like I have had my balls cut off. My wings have been clipped and I may never fly again !!

My future is dependent on my health situation being resolved. I have an antiques business in the form of online sales and a large shop. The shop although obviously shut provides a storage facility for my stock which is online plus a retail outlet on a busy farm complex with complimentary businesses such as a very busy Tearooms, dog grooming, boutique etc.
I was also a courier which provided income but also opportunities to deliver items bought from me in combination with the courier delivery. It also linked in with buying stock to replenish the shop. I have been in the antiques game for many years and know where to find stock all over the country.

I had to give up the courier work due to worsening health issues and this had an adverse effect on stock sourcing plus the obvious massive drop in revenue. Now this virus has compounded my problems by closing another revenue stream. All I have is online sales which are understandably severely depressed.

I had visions and dreams of gradually moving into higher end art and antiques where profit margins are better but that seems a long way off now, possibly unreachable. I was able to find paintings by known and famous artists due to my art knowledge and signature recognition .

I have other skill sets I could tap into but again until I get my health back I cant contemplate those. Now I have to seriously consider losing the shop and all that goes with it, storage, footfall, future potential in my semi retired future years, art gallery display opportunity ( pictures in the flesh have more impact than on line ).

I feel neutered, like I have had my balls cut off. My wings have been clipped and I may never fly again !!

That's a tough one, you'll know better than me that you need to buy well and that means getting out and about and putting the leg work in.

If your health stopped you doing that before this disaster, you must have a plan b?

If not consider your options, as you have the expertise is it possible to take on a partner - a small advertisement as the lockdown eases for a junior partner who has the ability to invest as he earns a living can often pay real dividends and might ease much of your difficulties.

Your ambitions could still be realized, but it would have to be shared, but if you have that capability and skill, it may well drive your business recovery faster and doesn't have to be the disaster you think you are currently heading for?

Your sole focus should be to get through this period and then get creative.

There will be lots of people looking for a change of direction after this and you may well look far more attractive as an invest to earn proposition than you think.

Last edited:
NRD what health issues do you have? I'm sure you have told me before. Was it Angina? Type 2 Diabetes?

Angina and Fibromyalgia. The Fibro was diagnosed many years ago but it may have been Angina even then and mis diagnosed by several doctors !!. If I get treatment like stents for example and all my symptoms disappear then I will know the truth. My consultant appointment keeps getting put back....February to April and now September....who knows after that !!

That's a tough one, you'll know better than me that you need to buy well and that means getting out and about and putting the leg work in.

If your health stopped you doing that before this disaster, you must have a plan b?

If not consider your options, as you have the expertise is it possible to take on a partner - a small advertisement as the lockdown eases for a junior partner who has the ability to invest as he earns a living can often pay real dividends and might ease much of your difficulties.

Your ambitions could still be realized, but it would have to be shared, but if you have that capability and skill, it may well drive your business recovery faster and doesn't have to be the disaster you think you are currently heading for?

There will be lots of people looking for a change of direction after this and you may well look far more attractive as an invest to earn proposition than you think.

Thanks for all that Ex. I am very lucky in a way by having a huge retail location. It's a converted cow shed or barn. My rental agreement allows me to sell anything, not just antiques. The location is prime, on one of the busiest roads in the country the A14 and I am talking bang on it. The complex has a large car park and the pull of a very popular and highly regarded tea rooms. There is potential for sure and I am fighting to keep it against the tide at the moment.

There will be lots of people looking for a change of direction after this and you may well look far more attractive as an invest to earn proposition that you think.

He's right. Survival Nick. That's all that matters right now. The other side of this will take care of itself.
Thanks for all that Ex. I am very lucky in a way by having a huge retail location. It's a converted cow shed or barn. My rental agreement allows me to sell anything, not just antiques. The location is prime, on one of the busiest roads in the country the A14 and I am talking bang on it. The complex has a large car park and the pull of a very popular and highly regarded tea rooms. There is potential for sure and I am fighting to keep it against the tide at the moment.

Are you able to manage social distancing once you can reopen?

Angina and Fibromyalgia. The Fibro was diagnosed many years ago but it may have been Angina even then and mis diagnosed by several doctors !!. If I get treatment like stents for example and all my symptoms disappear then I will know the truth. My consultant appointment keeps getting put back....February to April and now September....who knows after that !!

If you don't suffer from valve insufficiency, you should probably add Cayenne pepper in your daily diet.
Cayenne opens up blood vessels and helps increase blood flow.
Cayenne can improve endothelial function by increasing nitric oxide, which is a scientific way of saying it helps arteries relax or expand, which improves circulation.
There is a cardiologist in NYC who claims that he never lost a heart patient because he obliged them to eat daily Cayenne pepper!
Ask your doctor.

This epidemic is the first step in the war for world leadership between China and USA.
It affects also the coming presidential elections in the USA.
This war will intensify in the next years especially if Trump will be reelected.
Europe will be their main battle field.
Most European countries and the euro will suffer from this war.
I don't know what the impact will be on Great Britain.