O/T The Future | Page 2 | Vital Football

O/T The Future

The developed nations have to innovate and evolve and move on. We are only at the start of the upheavals that new technologies will bring, and when there is upheaval there is the opportunity to rapidly evolve.

I moved this over here because this is a good discussion.

3d printing and manufacturing is going to destroy low labour cost's advantage. Secure supply chains will eliminate the reliance on low cost labour and force innovation.

Top 5% in the UK is £80k, my god I need to move my ass to the US.

What I noticed whenever I am in London is that if something costs C$5.00 in Canada it costs £5.00 in London. The exchange rate is ignored. From our perspective the UK is naffing expensive,

The difference, you'll spend on health care.

Ex, I received job offers in the US, tech firms pay it.

From what I saw online, a family of 4 will pay 10-20k a year for medical Insurance.

Cost of living in the UK surpasses the US (barring NY and San Fran) and the taxes are higher. Im also in the double whammy category of a single earner in the high tax bracket - a non issue in the US.

What I noticed whenever I am in London is that if something costs C$5.00 in Canada it costs £5.00 in London. The exchange rate is ignored. From our perspective the UK is naffing expensive,

Canadian salaries are pretty low from what Ive seen.

Ex, I received job offers in the US, tech firms pay it.

From what I saw online, a family of 4 will pay 10-20k a year for medical Insurance.

Cost of living in the UK surpasses the US (barring NY and San Fran) and the taxes are higher. Im also in the double whammy category of a single earner in the high tax bracket - a non issue in the US.

I agree if you're top end tech you can earn well and get all the benefits - but most expect you to work 6 days a week lol!

Two nephews both working for goggle out there, they're doing exceptionally well, so don't blame you - I worked with with Intel and Microsoft back in the day, so know the packages well.

What's your skills?

The difference, you'll spend on health care.

Hmmm, friends of mine just moved to the Dallas Fort Worth area from just outside of Toronto. They can pay their taxes, have two children in private school and pay for their family health care for less tax than they paid here. No state tax in Texas. My daughter is in Nevada and she and her husband are not paying much either.

Hmmm, friends of mine just moved to the Dallas Fort Worth area from just outside of Toronto. They can pay their taxes, have two children in private school and pay for their family health care for less tax than they paid here. No state tax in Texas. My daughter is in Nevada and she and her husband are not paying much either.

When the Democrats get back in, all that will change again and change aggressively.

well the only real historical precedent is war debt - and we came out with much more than most..and that took us 50 years to repay.

I had this in mind , it was mentioned at a trillion in today's money took 50 years or so. But that's just the UK. What about countries who weren't involved in the war. The whole world has to cover this cost of this virus. Hence my post in the main thread. I cant get my head around it.

I had this in mind , it was mentioned at a trillion in today's money took 50 years or so. But that's just the UK. What about countries who weren't involved in the war. The whole world has to cover this cost of this virus. Hence my post in the main thread. I cant get my head around it.

a 100 year 5% bond? Pensions will be all over those.

I agree if you're top end tech you can earn well and get all the benefits - but most expect you to work 6 days a week lol!

Two nephews both working for goggle out there, they're doing exceptionally well, so don't blame you - I worked with with Intel and Microsoft back in the day, so know the packages well.

What's your skills?

I am a software engineer and data scientist by training, and I work as a Product Management consultant for tech companies working with AI/Data Science technologies.

There was also a massive post-war boom and it literally created a new wealthy affluent middle class in many countries, and that ended the differential of just upper class and lower working class and so innovation will drive these changes; be ready opportunity will be everywhere; I'm not saying it will be without risk, but opportunities will appear.

A whole different ball game, I have friends in Austin and they are living a better life than what they did in the UK and still save more money.

Just waiting for the housing market to crash there ;)

I am a software engineer and data scientist by training, and I work as a Product Management consultant for tech companies working with AI/Data Science technologies.

Uni sector or private? - as it's the uni and institutions buying AI kit/engines like it's going out of fashion!

A guy who used to work for me is selling shed loads of it and probably knows every opportunity in those sectors inside out - I can always tap him up for you?

A whole different ball game, I have friends in Austin and they are living a better life than what they did in the UK and still save more money.

Just waiting for the housing market to crash there ;)

Are you kidding, housing is cheap! The friends I was talking about bought a 4500 square foot home that I refer to as South Fork for US$400K. They sold their 2500 sq. ft home in Mississauga for C$1,200,000.

Are you kidding, housing is cheap! The friends I was talking about bought a 4500 square foot home that I refer to as South Fork for US$400K. They sold their 2500 sq. ft home in Mississauga for C$1,200,000.

Austin housing really went up the last 5-7 years, some areas more than others, but I agree :)

My brother in law lives in Oakville, house prices in Canada are mental.