O/T Cricket | Page 4 | Vital Football

O/T Cricket

Anyone find it weird that Bairstow is picked for one day games as a batsman and in the test series as a wicket keeper .
Buttler is picked as a wicket keeper in one day games and a batsmen in the test series .
I know we are blessed with two of the best wicketkeeper / batsmen around , but I just find it interesting looking at the logistics of it all.
Both are very good out fielders as well.

Baits tow has a great eye and no feet movement when batting which means he is very inconsistent against top class bowling on anything other than a flat wicket.

I think Archer will be the key to removing Smith as he has the ability to get lift from a length at pace which our other bowlers do not...we may see if Archer is fit to play in the next test.

Root’s bowling strategy has been poor but to some extent he has had to bowl Ali...he shouldn’t be in the team...and he definitely shouldn’t get a bowl

Fantastic test match, ebbing and flowing.
Anyone find it weird that Bairstow is picked for one day games as a batsman and in the test series as a wicket keeper .
Buttler is picked as a wicket keeper in one day games and a batsmen in the test series .
I know we are blessed with two of the best wicketkeeper / batsmen around , but I just find it interesting looking at the logistics of it all.
Both are very good out fielders as well.

lol - and we have Ben Foakes as well.

I hadn't realised how bad at test cricket we had become, this could be a home whitewash series, no guts , no character , no nothing.

We had the Aussies by the throat twice in this game, but they still end up on cruise control.

Two more wrong decisions this morning by the umpire . I make it eighteen decisions overturned now by DRS . And as I’m typing this there is another wrong one but not reviewed.
Going back to Twirlywoos in a minute !

Alexa, show me Tottenham Hotspur in the transfer window in the form of cricket.

I see the Aussie plan to deal with Jofra Archer hasn’t got off to a good start .
Superb opening two overs from abroad as well . Shame about the rain .
Weird coz I’m sunbathing in the garden at the moment ! Waiting for them to come out again at two o clock .......I’m sure you all wanted to know that . Ha ha

I see the Aussie plan to deal with Jofra Archer hasn’t got off to a good start .
Superb opening two overs from abroad as well . Shame about the rain .
Weird coz I’m sunbathing in the garden at the moment ! Waiting for them to come out again at two o clock .......I’m sure you all wanted to know that . Ha ha

Archer is an exciting bowler, such a shame what happened Smith, nasty ball to the neck, painful !!

Great day for batsmen apparently, someone should have told Roy and Root.

The Roy experiment as an opener has failed miserably and moving Root up to 3 has actually meant Root is basically playing as an opener when Roy walks after a few balls.

Why are the England boys so good at throwing away an opportunity having bowled them all out for a measly 179!? - Embarrassing and so 'Spursy'!