O/T Cricket | Page 3 | Vital Football

O/T Cricket

I just don’t think Anderson was tested properly on weds or thurs before the game . Four overs of bowling at full steam is all it took . He could have done that weds afternoon . . Anyhow , it was a great days cricket . Proper test match . Loved the sandpaper being waved by the crowd. I don’t suppose if the situation had been reversed the Aussie spectators would have behaved like that !

Good platform at tea . 170-2. Root played well and was unlucky. Good performance by Rory Burns so far . Needs to get his ton now .
I was reading about the Sandpaper Three and their associates this morning ! Daily mail never followed up on the ‘associates’ part though !

Good platform at tea . 170-2. Root played well and was unlucky. Good performance by Rory Burns so far . Needs to get his ton now .
I was reading about the Sandpaper Three and their associates this morning ! Daily mail never followed up on the ‘associates’ part though !

Yup , good start, we have batting to come too so must carry on carefully building , this is test cricket. Also our bowling attack is marginal now , we can't put pressure on them.

Brilliant by Burns . Well backed up by Stokes . Bat all day tomorrow . Really put them under pressure .get a first innings lead of over two hundred .

200 ahead after batting most of tomorrow and leaving 15 overs before stumps to have a bowl at them. Without Anderson, that leaves Broad and Woakes to then get a night's rest and tear into them again on Sunday morning in a second hostile spell.

It’s an absolute insult to all cricket that Australia are using Smith out there as captain . He is directing everything whilst standing in the slips right to the poor sop that had been named as captain. It should not be allowed. . Insulting everything that is right and proper .
I know a lot of the Asian Players have cheated on spot betting , but they have been given a lot harsher penalties . To be allowed back into the Australian team and been released from the honour of captain was a half hearted sort of amnesty, but he is now flaunting even that . He is back as the captain and it’s wrong , and they are trying to hide it .
All in my honest opinion of course.

It’s an absolute insult to all cricket that Australia are using Smith out there as captain . He is directing everything whilst standing in the slips right to the poor sop that had been named as captain. It should not be allowed. . Insulting everything that is right and proper .
I know a lot of the Asian Players have cheated on spot betting , but they have been given a lot harsher penalties . To be allowed back into the Australian team and been released from the honour of captain was a half hearted sort of amnesty, but he is now flaunting even that . He is back as the captain and it’s wrong , and they are trying to hide it .
All in my honest opinion of course.

And of course the biggest issue of all, England don't have a clue how to get him out, he could really be the difference on his own in this series.
:censor:

And of course the biggest issue of all, England don't have a clue how to get him out, he could really be the difference on his own in this series.
:censor:
And that’s why Cricket Australia have silently condoned the cheating , the planning and them actually bringing the sandpaper onto the pitch .
The length of the ban was deliberately set to allow them to play in this Ashes series to avoid a humiliating series defeat . The world was watching their reaction , they had to say and do something .
I just can’t get over it . It wasn’t a spur of the moment thing . The three of them planned it and carried it out . It’s just like the old old joke of a boxer putting a cast iron horseshoe in his boxing glove .
We all know that bowlers have used sweets and hair gel to get a shine on the ball for years but it has been proved that it doesn’t make that much difference , even the great Fred Truman used his Brylcream ( showing my age again ha ha ) .
These blokes actually changed the composition of the ball, permanently , irretrievably.
“ they have learned their lesson “ ..... yeah , right !
Cricket Australia should be ashamed of themselves .