O/T Covid 19 - LOCK DOWN DIY | Page 2 | Vital Football

O/T Covid 19 - LOCK DOWN DIY

Nev
That's the problem when you are at home for a long period of time. You notice how much work needs doing. lol

I started painting the skirting boards right at the start, then it was the door frames. Now the walls look shit.

Next job is skimming the ceilings and then a full house painting job.
Never ever paint the skirting boards in a hallway . The amount of work that generates is what keeps B and Q in business. As you say RD , skirting boards , then architraves , then doors and door frames , then other side of the door frames inside the rooms off of the hallway . Then all the woodwork , moving beds etc. Stuff of nightmares .

Meethinks it is a hardware issue personally. Thanks anyway Harry
I have the same problem with my I pod touch . I just use it now on holiday ,( huh ) as a music device .
Im pretty useful when it comes to posters though , I have another one that says , “ I don’t have a solution , but I admire your problem “ ..... it used to hang behind my desk at work !!!!! What a larf that caused .

My iPod touch and I pad are now so old they don’t do updates for them anymore . A mate of mine knows all about this jailbreak malarkey , I keep meaning to ask him about it . He did something to my Apple TV box so that I could watch every tv programme in the world without paying for it , but they soon stopped that , that’s gone “Into the drawer “ now . , it’s lying next to the Firestick that used to do the same , but no longer does ,
Anyone want to know anything about hanging doors ?

Last edited:
We should use this thread to help one another out with DIY guys
Pose a Q and see if any of the layabouts on here have been there and done it!....

(Don't re-invent the wheel......then again you could use youtube)

I'll start

Does anyone know how to restore WIFI on an old 32gb Ipod touch? It connects ok to Itunes via a direct connection to my laptop so can still download music but WIFI is 'greyed out' .

Apple of course say it is redundant and do not support the bugger any more.

Software is up to date when i hard connect to Itunes via my laptop....so I guess that means it has the last version they created for this device yonks ago.

Is there any weird and wonderful s/w out there that can immitate/override Apple s/w and repair this. I think I saw somewhere that this was possible via something called JAILBREAK which gets into the guts of the O/S but I was not keen to download this to my laptop and risk buggering that up as well.

Any views guys?
This is where we need Muttley or SpursEagle . We also need Ex back . How about 80’? Any ideas mate .

TV blew the other night, cue me calling around in order to try & bag a new one (nobody's open of course). Couldn't have happened at a worse possible time. Unfortunately the release date of the tele i've been after was put on hold due to the lockdown (was supposed to have been released at Easter) & my plan B was sold out (go figure). Had to make do with a plan D which is okay for the foreseeable but hardly ideal considering the circumstances. In any case it finally arrived yesterday & to my horror i've realised we now require a new stand to house the bloody thing lol.

Thank you China.

TV blew the other night, cue me calling around in order to try & bag a new one (nobody's open of course). Couldn't have happened at a worse possible time. Unfortunately the release date of the tele i've been after was put on hold due to the lockdown (was supposed to have been released at Easter) & my plan B was sold out (go figure). Had to make do with a plan D which is okay for the foreseeable but hardly ideal considering the circumstances. In any case it finally arrived yesterday & to my horror i've realised we now require a new stand to house the bloody thing lol.

Thank you China.

Are you Trump in disguise? :grinning: