O/T Covid 19 - LOCK DOWN DIY | Vital Football

O/T Covid 19 - LOCK DOWN DIY

Greavswasthegreatest

Vital Football Legend
Well so far my day has been.....drain central heating system replace a leaking / stuck radiator valve and add a new better thermostatic valve, refill it bleeding all rads. All ok...put the sentinel pressured refill canister into the system top up feed or tried to but as my system pressure was greater than the gas cannister it did not work, funny it diid the last time in seconds...just would not enter my system...should have done it when no pressure probably....ah well wasted that .

So used the liquid version and added it via the magna clean system. --- twice as the magna sysyem only takes about 1/2 litre at a ttime...fiddly little job but not difficult Job done. Why do they not fit isolator screws on rad feeds like you do on a cold tap feed from the supply FFS...if I ever haveto drain the system down again, I will fit these to each radiator input pipe so the job will be 5 minutes , no system drain and you won't need to replace sentinel every time at £18 a pop approx. I once tried the freeze input pipe angle ...loada bollox and waste of money that was!

Tha'ts yer DIY plumbing lesson for today folks...now gonna have a beer...or three!:slap:

Last edited:
Well so far my day has been.....drain central heating system replace a leaking / stuck radiator valve and add a new better thermostatic valve, refill it bleeding all rads. All ok...put the sentinel pressured refill canister into the system top up feed or tried to but as my system pressure was greater than the gas cannister it did not work, funny it diid the last time in seconds...just would not enter my system...should have done it when no pressure probably....ah well wasted that .

So used the liquid version and added it via the magna clean system. --- twice as the magna sysyem only takes about 1/2 litre at a ttime...fiddly little job but not difficult Job done. Why do they not fit isolator screws on rad feeds like you do on a cold tap feed from the supply FFS...if I ever haveto drain the system down again, I will fit these to each radiator input pipe so the job will be 5 minutes , no system drain and you won't need to replace sentinel every time at £18 a pop approx. I once tried the freeze input pipe angle ...loada bollox and waste of money that was!

Tha'ts yer DIY plumming lesson for today folks...now gonna have a beer...or three!:slap:
can you explain that in English and in words of two syllables . Didn’t understand a word of that ! Glad I was comatose on my sun bed this afternoon ! Ha ha

Tha'ts yer DIY plumbing lesson for today folks...now gonna have a beer...or three!:slap:
As one of my old bosses reported on a session about disk drive technology “One understood that the language being used was English because I recognised individual words”

We should use this thread to help one another out with DIY guys
Pose a Q and see if any of the layabouts on here have been there and done it!....

(Don't re-invent the wheel......then again you could use youtube)

I'll start

Does anyone know how to restore WIFI on an old 32gb Ipod touch? It connects ok to Itunes via a direct connection to my laptop so can still download music but WIFI is 'greyed out' .

Apple of course say it is redundant and do not support the bugger any more.

Software is up to date when i hard connect to Itunes via my laptop....so I guess that means it has the last version they created for this device yonks ago.

Is there any weird and wonderful s/w out there that can immitate/override Apple s/w and repair this. I think I saw somewhere that this was possible via something called JAILBREAK which gets into the guts of the O/S but I was not keen to download this to my laptop and risk buggering that up as well.

Any views guys?

We should use this thread to help one another out with DIY guys
Pose a Q and see if any of the layabouts on here have been there and done it!....

(Don't re-invent the wheel......then again you could use youtube)

I'll start

Does anyone know how to restore WIFI on an old 32gb Ipod touch? It connects ok to Itunes via a direct connection to my laptop so can still download music but WIFI is 'greyed out' .

Apple of course say it is redundant and do not support the bugger any more.

Software is up to date when i hard connect to Itunes via my laptop....so I guess that means it has the last version they created for this device yonks ago.

Is there any weird and wonderful s/w out there that can immitate/override Apple s/w and repair this. I think I saw somewhere that this was possible via something called JAILBREAK which gets into the guts of the O/S but I was not keen to download this to my laptop and risk buggering that up as well.

Any views guys?
This might help....I don’t know anything about iPods though...

I'll try it mate but I think I have been there ....I have reset network settings etc before for example...thanx
The only other thing I can think of is either Apple deactivated the WiFi in the later OS release or, to use a technical term, the hardware is broken....if it’s the OS maybe the reset option will revive it, but back up your files first

My wife has learned that if she puts something she wants doing she writes it down on 'my' list....I do get around to doing it...I hate it when she says can you do that now. I do things but when I am in the mood to do a task else I tend to feck it up. Its not that I do not want to do these things its that I have to fancy doing them, then things seem to be done very well. Of course the serious things that need doing happen because I know they need to be done, and she has not a clue e.g when I had to change out that leaking radiator valve. She was totally unaware that it needed doing. Hence I fit her list in and around the essential stuff ...does that sound chauvenistic? Not meant to be just common sense to me.

My wife has learned that if she puts something she wants doing she writes it down on 'my' list....I do get around to doing it...I hate it when she says can you do that now. I do things but when I am in the mood to do a task else I tend to feck it up. Its not that I do not want to do these things its that I have to fancy doing them, then things seem to be done very well. Of course the serious things that need doing happen because I know they need to be done, and she has not a clue e.g when I had to change out that leaking radiator valve. She was totally unaware that it needed doing. Hence I fit her list in and around the essential stuff ...does that sound chauvenistic? Not meant to be just common sense to me.

I could have written that.

I find if I put things on a list I usually lose the list before I get around to doing them, so my first item on every list is to find the previous list...I find this helps to prioritise as if I can’t find the previous list the things couldn’t have been important and if I leave the current list long enough it is sure to disappear.