O/T Covid-19 - Discussion for the duration of this crisis. | Page 36 | Vital Football

O/T Covid-19 - Discussion for the duration of this crisis.

The lass said around 100 thousand deaths so that's even worse than she first thought then.

I'm pretty sure I read the yanks want the Chinese to be held accountable somewhere.

With Trump in charge I wouldn't rule a war out. He just turned their economy around, he won't be happy if that goes up in smoke.

He won't go to a hot war, he's far smarter than that but what he can now count on is the business community understanding and buy-in when he brings forward legislation to block their technology raping of the US and their state-subsidised anti-competitive behaviour that has destroyed large swathes of America's industrial strength.

And I for one also hope he forces us in the UK to follow suit.

two points...

first, this absolute myth that Trump "turned the US economy around" is so incredibly stupid, and an absolute pile of garbage, needs to be pointed out. The US economy had been on a constant, and consistent upswing for YEARS before Trump became president. He has done nothing whatsoever to solidify or improve the foundation, and has instead shifted wealth upwards where its disappeared. This event has exposed the paper tiger he built around his misleading (see lies) statements and actions.

the US economy has tanked, and the market fluctuations we've seen over the past weeks is total proof of the fragility of this fake "Trump economy".

I wouldn't want my financial future to be dependent upon this idiot. i move ALL of my investments to much safer vehicles & assets.

Second, to use the term "smart" in the context of Trump in any way, is an oxymoron of the highest order.

The man is a literal idiot. He is a moron. It is readily apparent withing moments of meeting him, that he is the stupidest human you have ever met in your life.

Suggesting that he would't try anything he wanted, if he thought it would be of great benefit to him personally, is completely false. Regardless of the fallout, ramifications, or the cost & affect on other people, (who matter not a whit to him). He will do whatever he wants if he thinks its the best thing for him. Without reservation. Because he's really that stupid, and that narcissistic.

two points...

first, this absolute myth that Trump "turned the US economy around" is so incredibly stupid, and an absolute pile of garbage, needs to be pointed out. The US economy had been on a constant, and consistent upswing for YEARS before Trump became president. He has done nothing whatsoever to solidify or improve the foundation, and has instead shifted wealth upwards where its disappeared. This event has exposed the paper tiger he built around his misleading (see lies) statements and actions.

the US economy has tanked, and the market fluctuations we've seen over the past weeks is total proof of the fragility of this fake "Trump economy".

I wouldn't want my financial future to be dependent upon this idiot. i move ALL of my investments to much safer vehicles & assets.

Second, to use the term "smart" in the context of Trump in any way, is an oxymoron of the highest order.

The man is a literal idiot. He is a moron. It is readily apparent withing moments of meeting him, that he is the stupidest human you have ever met in your life.

Suggesting that he would't try anything he wanted, if he thought it would be of great benefit to him personally, is completely false. Regardless of the fallout, ramifications, or the cost & affect on other people, (who matter not a whit to him). He will do whatever he wants if he thinks its the best thing for him. Without reservation. Because he's really that stupid, and that narcissistic.

I don't like Trump x but he did pour jet fuel on the economy with his tax reductions and job creation that resulted from the tariffs. And the market fluctuations are global in nature and have nothing to do with Trump.

What a calm clear and intelligent individual with so much experience and knowledge of what we all face, . Very impressed by him and his words of wisdom. (Not TRUMP, referring to the Doctor in South Korea video!)

Last edited:
I don't like Trump x but he did pour jet fuel on the economy with his tax reductions and job creation that resulted from the tariffs. And the market fluctuations are global in nature and have nothing to do with Trump.

Yeah.... prolly a different thread for all that. It'll all come out in the wash of history once the fever has gone and peeps see shit for what it really is/was.

I did wonder why Belarus has uninterrupted sport. This blasé comment from their president says it all! As per BBC:

Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko has laughed off the suggestion that his country should try to stem the spread of the coronavirus, because he can't see the virus "flying around".
Speaking to a TV reporter at an indoor ice hockey match, he also claimed that crowds at the match were fine because the coldness of the stadium would prevent the virus from spreading.
There is no evidence that this could be the case and the coronavirus cannot be seen with the naked eye.
Unlike most of Europe, Belarus has not placed any restrictions on sports events.
"There are no viruses here," Mr Lukashenko said. "You haven't seen them flying around, have you? I don't see them either! This is a fridge. Sport, particularly the ice, this fridge here, that's the best antiviral cure!"

two points...

So, tell us about your meeting.

No way that is happening.

Never been a tin foil hat advocate, but I now think we are being played.

Every day we get instructed , the figures are fogged and brief, but the lectures are getting longer and longer and the laws are getting stricter.

Whoever dreamed this up deserves a medal , you have created a war with no damage and no enemy but complete takeover nonetheless, brilliant :clap:

I did wonder why Belarus has uninterrupted sport. This blasé comment from their president says it all! As per BBC:

Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko has laughed off the suggestion that his country should try to stem the spread of the coronavirus, because he can't see the virus "flying around".
Speaking to a TV reporter at an indoor ice hockey match, he also claimed that crowds at the match were fine because the coldness of the stadium would prevent the virus from spreading.
There is no evidence that this could be the case and the coronavirus cannot be seen with the naked eye.
Unlike most of Europe, Belarus has not placed any restrictions on sports events.
"There are no viruses here," Mr Lukashenko said. "You haven't seen them flying around, have you? I don't see them either! This is a fridge. Sport, particularly the ice, this fridge here, that's the best antiviral cure!"

Good on him.

Just say , humour me here, the whole western world has totally over reacted, and they have followed each other like lemmings to disaster for no reason.

Would you trust them to go 'Aw shucks, we got it wrong ' ?????????

Har dee har har , the fuck they would.

Italy and Spain still having it really bad. A photo of military trucks carrying coffins out of Bergarmo in a convoy.....very harrowing, like a sci fi movie. Spain over 4000 dead now, my Dad is 84 and lives out there. Fell sick Tuesday but thinks its food poisoning from some dodgy chicken.

I hope he's doing better today NRD.

He is over the worst ,thanks for your concern. It was food poisoning from some dodgy chicken. He still feels too weak to venture out to the shop to get supplies but hopefully tomorrow.