O/T Covid-19 - Discussion for the duration of this crisis. | Page 113 | Vital Football

O/T Covid-19 - Discussion for the duration of this crisis.

Cummings' decision not to stand down shows his unsurprising lack of integrity.
Johnson's decision not to sack him shows his failure in leadership.
The decision of Johnson and so many cabinet ministers to publicly stand behind Cummings shows they view it that they abide by different rules than everyone else.

There is no U turn from this or covering it up. In my eyes they all have to go.

Cummings' decision not to stand down shows his unsurprising lack of integrity.
Johnson's decision not to sack him shows his failure in leadership.
The decision of Johnson and so many cabinet ministers to publicly stand behind Cummings shows they view it that they abide by different rules than everyone else.

There is no U turn from this or covering it up. In my eyes they all have to go.
I have to say lads, I am no fan of our present government here in Ireland but they have behaved impeccably since this Pandemic started, I cannot believe the shenanigans of your government in the UK at times, it's almost Trumplike and highly irresponsible.

Cummings is a very intelligent man. He has little respect for ministers. He considers most to be unsuitable for office. He described David Cameron as couldnt fight his way out of a paper bag. Cummings is driven by mathematics and physics, he masterminds strategies. He wants to streamline the civil service in government.

Boris probably needs Cummings, he will be very reluctant to let him go.

I'd have had far more respect if they'd said Cummings had made an error of judgement and was reprimanded and was making a charity donation but they felt he was too important to the country to let go. Instead them all stating he didn't break the guidelines and acted with integrity feels very 1984 and makes me deeply uncomfortable.

The fact that there were bigger consequences for Spurs players training in twos or a Scottish minister travelling a much shorter distance to a 2nd home without interacting with anyone outside her household than there was for two infected people travelling 250 miles and presumably stopping for petrol en route to visit parents shows the hypocrisy.

As well as the aforementioned cancer diagnoses without support, people dying without family present and unattended funerals there are reports of disabled children who couldn't reunite with parents from care. Surrogate mothers being forced to keep babies they're not biologically related to for lockdown. People stranded in airports as they had to leave countries but there were no repatriation flights available. I've heard dozens of other anecdotal hardships directly caused by lockdown guidelines far far worse than having to maybe care for a child whilst ill.

Speaking to a barrister friend yesterday they seemed to believe that the AG saying Cummings did nothing illegal provides an argument for every single person charged with lockdown breaches currently facing court.

Cummings is a very intelligent man. He has little respect for ministers. He considers most to be unsuitable for office. He described David Cameron as couldnt fight his way out of a paper bag. Cummings is driven by mathematics and physics, he masterminds strategies. He wants to streamline the civil service in government.

I assumed when this broke he'd let him go officially but he'd carry on pulling strings in an unofficial capacity. I do wonder if he has dirt on them all, can't imagine every cabinet member is a fan of his and yet they all trotted out their support.

A doctor friend who works on a Corona ward in London said that we've nearly wiped it out here, which echos that previous report and what Ex is saying about certain regions having done better than others. I'm pretty encouraged to know this however I'm fearful of a 2nd wave.

I passed a pub in S London yesterday that was open for takeaway drinks and the beer garden and surrounding street were heaving with people.

Regards the fear of a 2nd wave, I am with people there, especially after my wife's chat yesterday with one of her mates who is an NHS Matron, having loads of letters after her name, and serving many years in that position, she said that she is confident in predicting that there will be a 2nd wave and that all the hospitals are getting ready for it.

We will see at 16.00 today how Cummings deals with his actions by moving up north. He can be cutting and abrasive to those beneath his level so it will be interesting. He is very capable and a visionary. I don't like him particularly but him resigning could be a loss to the govt and Country.

So he's admitted to breaking lockdown rules to go on a "test drive". If the drive to the country retreat wasn't breaking the rules then this certainly was, nevermind being unfit to drive and deciding to put your young child in the car.

If anything it seems Cummings returned to work too soon. There should have been no doubt on his fitness to drive. Another week in isolation may have been more prudent. He seems to think he can take matters into his own hands and is beyond scrutiny. The trip to Banard Castle was definitely against the law at that time.

It beggars belief that Cummings didn't tell Johnson of his trip until a few days after he left. Where did Johnson think he was in that time? We know Johnson was discussing government affairs in isolation up until the point he was admitted to hospital. And where did the Cabinet ministers think Cummings had gone?

And a 270 mile trip to Durham with a sick wife and young child without having to stop? He supposedly had to to stop for a toilet break for his kid whilst on the short trip to the castle, yet they managed a five or six hour journey without the same?

I think many people will also be surprised at the small print that Cummings referred to regarding extenuating circumstances for childcare, which enables people to make discretionary decisions. And why just childcare? I think a lot of the general public will be making their own discretionary decisions regarding the lockdown in the coming days and weeks.

Cummings is a very dangerous man who is actually running the government from an unelected position....he also has a reputation for being vicious both mentally and physically to anyone who thinks differently to him, which is why the current cabinet cowards are alll going the line.....however, Boris can’t sack him otherwise he will have no ideas of his own the great gasbag.

Cummings is a very dangerous man who is actually running the government from an unelected position....he also has a reputation for being vicious both mentally and physically to anyone who thinks differently to him, which is why the current cabinet cowards are alll going the line.....however, Boris can’t sack him otherwise he will have no ideas of his own the great gasbag.

Can you give examples of his vicious physical behaviour to those who think differently to him?
I dont think Cummings is that dangerous apart from undermining the govts message to stay at home. I dont believe he is running the govt, his ideas will have to go through layers of scrutiny and approval.
I think he made mistakes and should have apologised but hasn't.

From the outside (Australia) looking in (UK), it seems your all caught up in the fumbling and stumbling of the here and now. Your Government are making policy on the run, finger pointing, blaming, etc etc.

Over here we've been through all that, have this bastard of a virus under some sort of control, with zero new cases & zero deaths most days.
HOWEVER, we have come to such a critical junction that once again produces an entire new set of challenges. Where do we go from here? I'm ignorant as to the geographical set up in the UK in terms of states or counties, but in Oz we have States and territories which have their our individual Governments, similar to USA. All our borders are closed to interstate travelers. Now, Australia consists of major cities all around the coast line, with tourism, farming and mining making up the large majority of state revenue. We have multi million dollar boats sitting tied up in harbors throughout Queensland as not even Queenslanders can travel within their state to visit the Great Barrier Reef. As Australia is moving into winter, June, July August see millions of tourists visit Queensland from our southern states to escape the cold weather. Our mindless state premier refuses to open the border until possibly Sept. Nowhere does any dept recommend closing borders, but she's listening to another mindless mouthpiece...some health minister, without looking at the big picture. Meanwhile, thousands more businesses are closing and will never re-open. Our multi billion dollar tourism industry will be dead very soon.

So, what does this model mean for the UK.......trust.

When the UK starts to come out the other side of this, the Govt MUST trust citizens to do the right thing and stop treating everyone like imbeciles. The have to take them off the breast so to speak. Trust them to practice hygiene, social distancing etc etc, other wise the UK will never kick start itself..never.

Look, we know that 9/10 cases will be mild. We know the demographic that are venerable, so lets work around that without panic, and with plenty of trust and common sense. Unfortunately an over whelming number of the public are more intelligent than many so called leaders. These very leaders have been on full pay throughout this mess and have no idea of the word sacrifice.

The UK seem devoid of plans for recovering your economy and are reacting as they go. Your clown and his minions are definitely not the ones you need to get through this and move forward. God help the UK.

7000 cases approx and 102 deaths in Australia in total. The Aussie govt must be doing something right......unless there is another reason for such low figures.