O/T Bury FC | Vital Football

O/T Bury FC

Wow . That is truly unbelievable .
How on earth can this man run a club like that . He has even admitted that he has asked the PFA to pay 50% of the wages because he doesn’t have the money .
How can he be allowed to run a club like that .
.madness

Wow . That is truly unbelievable .
How on earth can this man run a club like that . He has even admitted that he has asked the PFA to pay 50% of the wages because he doesn’t have the money .
How can he be allowed to run a club like that .
.madness

It might be better to ask how he even got in control of the business - that is, if he did and he's not just fronting for someone else.

Anyway, today's the day; it's cough up time or get chucked out, or sell it on. The deadline is 5 p.m.

he bought it for £1 apparently!

He now said it's been sold.

What I don't get in these situations is how the FA thinks fining clubs and giving them points deductions is ever going to help them survive as a business? If you're struggling to stay afloat being relegated for a points deduction won't help you pay off your debts.

he bought it for £1 apparently!

He now said it's been sold.

What I don't get in these situations is how the FA thinks fining clubs and giving them points deductions is ever going to help them survive as a business? If you're struggling to stay afloat being relegated for a points deduction won't help you pay off your debts.
I’m with you there Freund , never has made sense to me . They are punishing the wrong people

In any other sensitive business - and I've been involved in a few, it's entirely normal to demand a performance bond i.e. a large cash deposit - from the principles.

If the EFL made that one simple step, it would remove chancers like this latest Bury owner; it would be a sufficient sum of money for being able to deduct fines for breaking FFPR and it should be enough to cover a trading years liabilities.

Then simply sit back and watch clubs be run appropriately.

It's not rocket science and it's entirely within the EFL remit to impose it.

The average salary/wage roll as a percentage of revenues is 106% in the EFL, in the PL it's now down to a healthier 60`% by bringing in wage rise/revenue controls.

As I said, this isn't rocket science but the EFL is a self-perpetuating myth that all is well in the lower leagues - they're not.

that bid fell through, they've been kicked out the league. They're now considering suing the EFL for mishandling the situation, supposedly EFL only did the extension for one of three takeover bids received so when that group pulled out of the deal the club were instantly doomed. They're also asking the question Ex hinted at above of how the current owner managed to pass the EFL's fit and proper person test

Bury expelled from EFL: Shakers threaten league with legal action
_90984110_roan200.jpg

By Dan Roan
BBC sports editor
  • 57 minutes ago
  • From the section Bury

_108492051_hi055994095.jpg

Bury supporters gathered outside the club's Gigg Lane ground before the initial deadline on Friday
Bury are "actively considering" legal action against the English Football League following the club's "unfair" expulsion on Tuesday.
Members of the club's executive met on Friday to discuss their options, having earlier sent the EFL a letter questioning its handling of the affair.
The Shakers were expelled after C&N Sporting Risk pulled out of a takeover.
"All options are on the table. One that has to be considered is legal action," said the club's lawyer Chris Farnell.
"At least three bids went in on Friday before the deadline. The EFL allowed an extension for one bid - from C&N - but other bids were attracted and submitted to the EFL and it would appear they weren't considered.
"There's been no explanation."
In a club statement issued on Thursday, Bury confirmed the EFL would not be rescinding its decision to expel the club - despite the Shakers saying a £7m takeover bid had been submitted prior to Tuesday's second deadline.
The club have since sent a letter to the EFL setting out a list of questions - seen by BBC Sport - including:
  • Why a late £7m bid from Brazilian multi-millionaire pastor Gustavo Benedito, which emerged on Tuesday afternoon, was not accepted. Benedito is a close friend of Bury's goalkeeping coach Adriano Basso.
  • Why the EFL said that a bid from an Italian consortium had not been received when the club insist it had.
  • Why the offer from C&N Sporting Risk was the only one accepted by the EFL and the only one granted an extension.
  • Why is it proportionate to consider dropping Bury five leagues - the club want the EFL to consider dropping them down to League Two instead.
  • Why owner Steve Dale passed the fit and proper person test.
  • Why the EFL refused to meet with representatives of Bury on Friday.
  • Why ex-Port Vale chairman Norman Smurthwaite was not considered to be an appropriate owner.
Bury, who had been in the EFL for 125 years and have twice won the FA Cup, have given the league until 16:00 BST to respond to their letter.
"It seems to be very unfair on Bury because of an artificial timeline," Farnell told BBC Sport.
"The decision to, in effect, kill a club has been made without any explanation as to why a very genuine bid from a very high-net worth individual would not be considered."
Farnell held a meeting with members of the club's executive and coaching staff, including manager Paul Wilkinson, former club secretary Jill Neville, general manager Scott Johnson, and club consultant - the former Cardiff and Wolves manager - Dave Jones.
Johnson said there is "a lot of people wanting answers over their future".
"I was giving them solutions and all we needed them to do was be brave," he added.
Shakers supporters group Forever Bury have also written to the EFL's executive chair Debbie Jevans asking for the club to be reinstated.
"The EFL's misguided handling of this matter has directly prejudiced the interests all Bury FC stakeholders including its creditors, shareholders, players and employees and we reserve all our rights to hold the EFL accountable in this respect," said the letter.
The EFL said it had received the correspondence from Forever Bury and would "respond appropriately" after "considering its contents".

Having lived through the above in my late school years, I have the upmost sympathy for the Bury fans.

Maidstone were relegated 7 divisions to the basement of the football pyramid. They waited 24 years until they moved back into a stadium in the town and now play in the Nation League South. They've got up 4 rungs (5 rungs briefly) and get just over 2000 fans. They sold Chris Smalling for £10k to Fulham and received another £10k for every 10 appearances. He made 19 before moving to Utd for mega-bucks. 2 of the towns young talents, Harvey White and Rafferty Pedder, are at THFC.

Ironically, John Still the manager who got them into Div 4 all those years ago is back as their current manager.

We watch our own chairman with his 40% share get richer and richer based on the valuation of our club growing. Our world is serviced by TV subscriptions, season tickets, huge sponsorship deals etc. Levy's becoming a self made billionaire from the football industry.

It just saddens me where the beautiful game has ended up. I hope Bury manage to get something sorted.