Nyland The Latest To Be Linked With A Turkish Exit - Villa "Green Light" Another Deal According To Reports | Vital Football

Nyland The Latest To Be Linked With A Turkish Exit - Villa "Green Light" Another Deal According To Reports

I like Nyland. He had a shaky start To his Villa career, but in his recent outings he's looked as though work in training has played off and he's generally looked pretty good. I could see Reina being brought in as experienced backup, but I'm surprised DS is using him as number one; he's clearly not the keeper he was, and he isn't one for the future. If Reina was offered a longer contract I'd be astonished; he himself has said it's definitely only short term.

So, we have Heaton, Nyland and Steer. They're all good. Heaton to me is clearly number 1, and it's a toss up between Nyland and Steer. I'd edge towards Nyland.

If we let him go I think it's a pity. He's clearly ambitious and I don't think he'd want to stay around if he's not at least on the bench.

Don't know where Sarkic is. The Villa site still has him as being out on loan. If he is, probably the best place for him, although in the unlikely event that the season resumes we might need him. Reckon he's a possible one for the future

No Sarkic is definitely back with us but he has gone missing.

Wasn't named on the 25 man squad and that led to questions, but B'day in July + in our Academy for 3x years....we may simply have not needed to name him as he was 21 when the season began.

Steer's another oddity now unfortunately - but I can see us flogging Nyland (much improved) and Kalinic (and possibly Jed) and leading with Heaton 1, Reina 1 (on a 12/18 month deal) buying more time for Sarkic to mature/get greater experience.

Steer's another oddity now unfortunately - but I can see us flogging Nyland (much improved) and Kalinic (and possibly Jed) and leading with Heaton 1, Reina 1 (on a 12/18 month deal) buying more time for Sarkic to mature/get greater experience.

That frightens me to death! Reina has clearly gone off the boil; you just don't make the mistakes he's been making if you're on top of your game. Reminds me far too much of other "top players" we've gone for in our recent past who just lack the sharpness and concentration at crucial moments when they get to us.

Heaton is good, but we need good backup in case he gets injured again. Sarkic may have a future, is well thought of, but has yet to prove anything.

My guess is that the owners will stick to having mainly younger but promising players in the squad. Nyland and Steer are still young by goalkeeping standards.

Meant Reina backup for the record.

We saw his worth initially, we know he had the virus, how much was related to that as it was only a couple of poor games - I've got wriggle room on that score as he was sharp enough to begin with for me. I think it would be a mistake admittedly (although they do say Heaton prefers an older challenger who can teach him more rather than just learn from him) but I can see it happening.

But I'm against it for the reason you list. We need to move away from that. Whether we drop or not - I'd keep Steer as 2, have Sarkic as 3 and move the others on.

Or promise to pay Burnley's wagebill for a year if they gave us Nick Pope! lol I wished years back we'd gone for Dan Bentley, Chris Walton wouldn't be a bad shout either - but Pope has already shown PL is not beyond him.

Think Nyland might well be one of those we let go of and see do fantastically elsewhere, like we have with other players. He was, as McParland says above, shaky to start with, but I think he is developing into a player good enough to be our long term no1.