Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Possibly, he's pragmatic enough to be adaptive

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Pure desperation on our part, not even close to our DNA

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • Haven't got a clue, we've been mugged again

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
This is why our attack has been poor. However, defensively, which is only a partial requirement from that position, he has been good.

I still think we rode our luck defensively in the first 3 games.

With Palace and Chelsea it was like we gave in once 1 goal went in and they realised we had no chance of picking up any points.

All I can say is the team dynamics need to be fixed and as far as I am concerned Kane is the main problem in that regard.

I'll indulge you. So what team do you want to see?

Lloris
Emerson
Romero
Sanchez
Dier
Reguilon
Ndom for his 60/70 mins
Skipp
GLC/PEH
Son
Kane/dele/Scarlett/gil

A 5-3-2 of sorts.

When moura and Berg are back you could change it to a 433 but I never want to see dele in CM again. NEVER EVER. He's awful.

If we want a goal scoring Dele play him as a second striker like we used to. He is playing a different game now. It's more graft than end product.

Nuno knows we don't have the athleticism in the middle so is using Dele.

None of Hojbjerg, Skipp, Winks, Lo Celso or Ndombele can cover the ground he can.

I don't care about athleticism if he gives the ball away every attack and puts us on the back foot.

I'd rather see him up top. Does less damage to us there bit preferably I'd prefer to see him on the transfer list.

I don't care about athleticism if he gives the ball away every attack and puts us on the back foot.

I'd rather see him up top. Does less damage to us there bit preferably I'd prefer to see him on the transfer list.

Over three years of his substandard performances should have seen his departure long ago, but we're Spurs, and we take forever to do the right thing.

I wouldn't be against selling him just saying we are not playing him in his best position.

It's obvious Poch played him further forward because he is poor in possession.

So where are we on this ? It seems we haven't arrived at stage 1 yet. Getting the players fit enough.

So has Nunos to do list got longer or has he made some progress ?. Stage 1 was getting the players fit enough to play two halves of football.
He seems to have cracked the Ndombele nut, although it's only phase 1....getting him wanting to play. Next is coaching him to be less flamboyant in defence.
Nuno may have Kane back on side but I'm not sure it's down to Nuno or Harry snapping out of sulking.
New items on the list are defending corners and set pieces.
Finding our best MF combination.
Finding our best CB combination.
Sorting Regulion.
Getting Royal to a level where he is as good as Tanganga.

So has Nunos to do list got longer or has he made some progress ?. Stage 1 was getting the players fit enough to play two halves of football.
He seems to have cracked the Ndombele nut, although it's only phase 1....getting him wanting to play. Next is coaching him to be less flamboyant in defence.
Nuno may have Kane back on side but I'm not sure it's down to Nuno or Harry snapping out of sulking.
New items on the list are defending corners and set pieces.
Finding our best MF combination.
Finding our best CB combination.
Sorting Regulion.
Getting Royal to a level where he is as good as Tanganga.

Nothing has changed with Kane yet Nick. We're back to where we were last season where as soon as he scores a goal, people think he's back. He did work slightly harder last night but was still way short. He certainly didn't do his share of shutting down or get into anything physical with their defenders. He didn't even hit the box when he should have.

I want to see him up there with Dier, Japhet, Skipp, Hojbjerg levels of commitment for our club.

Nuno is mostly picking the right players to get them match fit.

Nothing has changed with Kane yet Nick. We're back to where we were last season where as soon as he scores a goal, people think he's back. He did work slightly harder last night but was still way short. He certainly didn't do his share of shutting down or get into anything physical with their defenders. He didn't even hit the box when he should have.

I want to see him up there with Dier, Japhet, Skipp, Hojbjerg levels of commitment for our club.

Nuno is mostly picking the right players to get them match fit.

I watched a Spurs TV panel interview with Jimmy Greaves which was enjoyable. It was during Poch's reign. I haven't watched it all yet as dinner beckoned.
But one thing he did say was.....his responsibility was to score goals, not create them or stop them. It may not apply today in modern football but its a theory worth consideration.
Potentially by expecting all to do everything or needing them to, could affect their strengths.

I watched a Spurs TV panel interview with Jimmy Greaves which was enjoyable. It was during Poch's reign. I haven't watched it all yet as dinner beckoned.
But one thing he did say was.....his responsibility was to score goals, not create them or stop them. It may not apply today in modern football but its a theory worth consideration.
Potentially by expecting all to do everything or needing them to, could affect their strengths.

Genuinely, I totally get what Jimmy was saying. I bet he was guilty of a few of the "water carrying" parts of the game and played in an era where that was the norm for strikers. Saying that, it's inconceivable to think that Southgate, Mason, Jose and now Nuno have all told Kane that he doesn't need to shut defenders down, run into space to receive balls and create space for others, attack the box to score goals. Have they also told him he doesn't need to compete for headers with his back to goal or engage in any tackling? lol - that last bit sounds more like Jimmy.

Did Jimmy do what Kane did last night when Gil was on the byline looking to give someone a tap in? Did Jimmy give Dele the eyes and then not move as Dele played the perfect pass into where he should have been to score. I bet that was the stuff Jimmy did with his eyes shut. He was a goal poacher.

Kane is work in progress at the moment. A fantastic footballer who has lost his way because of circumstances. A couple of good signs last night, but it is still on Harry to find solutions to these problem.

Can you imagine him playing for Pep and doing them?

Too early to say he's got to go?

How are we worse now than under Maureen?

Attachments

• 20210926_202506.jpg
    20210926_202506.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 6