Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Possibly, he's pragmatic enough to be adaptive

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Pure desperation on our part, not even close to our DNA

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • Haven't got a clue, we've been mugged again

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
"what we HOPE will be a successful time with the club" - if it was a scripted, someone needs shooting.

As for Nuno's fit, I think it is pretty good. I saw a group of players at Wolves that played for their manager. We haven't had that since 2017 and will be his biggest challenge. We haven't had players that pass and then MOVE for a while either. That will be another challenge for him to overcome.

As long as we steer clear of buying the old pro's, we'll be just fine.

I assume he'll bring his backroom staff across with him?

I think I like that word; it's apt for us under the current circumstances, as every managerial appointment is generally a gamble; he may well surprise us all, but few will be surprised if he flops...

I asked last night about his backroom staff (of which there are around 40 would you believe!) and the general view was we'd limited him to 3 to 5 new picks and that was it., at least for now.

Levy is getting a lot of stick for this appointment but this decision is largely Paratici's.

Paratici has a reputation for being one of the world's best in his position. And not so long ago Levy was being lauded for what was seen as being bit of a coup in getting him to Spurs. So although Nuno may not have been Paratici's first choice (or he may well have been) we have to assume he's seen enough qualities in Nuno to make the appointment. It's Paratici's reputation that is at stake here as well.

And whilst things may look grim in the immediate future, looking ahead Paratici wouldn't have joined unless he could see the potential for much a more promising future. He could probably have had his pick of the jobs but he chose to come here.

Is Paratici's great reputation based on signing managers though? He had Conte then Allegri, but clearly Sarri and Pirlo didn't work out so well. In fact, Allegri is now back there.

It's a mix of 2 and 3 for me. I opted for 2 though as I think he will do a good job.

The pressure shouldn't be on him. I think there is more pressure on Fabio and of course our chairman.

I think he will do OK providing we have a replacement in place for Harry.
I don't think Son is the answer for an entire season.
Did I read Vini has left?
We are really lacking up top if that's the case.
He will do OK. The fans have realised how far we have fallen so we have little option than to get behind the guy IMHO.

Is Paratici's great reputation based on signing managers though? He had Conte then Allegri, but clearly Sarri and Pirlo didn't work out so well. In fact, Allegri is now back there.
I think this is Levys appointment. Maybe his last big one.

I don’t think he matches the brief outlined by Levy but he may adapt his style to fit. Nobody will know whether that is realistic until he implements things.
Areas of concern for me relate to playing & developing youth, tactical set ups, his ability to motivate a group of unmotivated individuals, his name in the footballing world & ensuring we don’t focus on old pro’s.
A wider issue is the damage done through waiting 2.5 months to appoint someone that’s been available for half of that time. Supporters trust has been hit hard & I feel Nuno is already hampered before he actually starts! If we lose our first couple of games there will be supporters going crazy!

He doesn't take a group of players he buys a group of players. Doesn't promote youth. That was generic statements by levy and Fabio Paratici. Levy is basically passing the buck and Fabio is just falling short of we desperately needed a coach before pre season and he was the only one available cheap and who said yes.
Hats of to Jorge who put out a false statement saying fenerbahce wanted Nuno trying to force our hand when they had no contact at all

I went for option 1, and stand by it, I really do believe, feel it in my bones as old as they are lol!, Nuno will do good.

And as for the statements! I cannot be arsed reading between the lines or even changing this word for that word.

Glad the circus had done the round and everyone (bar some players) know where they stand.

Not overly impressed with the candidate but have little choice but to back him and wish him well.

However, the mixed opinion imo is reflected within the club too, by the fact that he's on a 2 year contract. Unless short contracts are the new 'norm', It reads more like 'let's see how it pans out'. Clearly not the DNA turnaround man the club were initially targeting.

GL Nuno and welcome.

Last edited:
For me its a sound job done, welcome to Spurs Nuno, ok you all might think I am easily pleased, but when we appointed Poch, my initial thought was god NO!, but in the end I was so wrong.

Jesus wept, you down at hearts, slag off merchants, lets give the geezer a bloody chance, after all that is fair!
Two things can happen "egg on faces" or "success" that would be with any bloody coach at the mo, so please peops give the geezer a chance, christ the ink ain't even dry on his contract yet, and get behind the new regime at Spurs.

I am looking forward to the difference he will make, and enjoy watching Spurs again.

We shouldn't delude ourselves there would have been any transfer activity in the last 6 weeks. Levy was just keeping us entertained through the close season. We now get the novelty of a new manager for 2-3 weeks as a distraction for no transfer activity until late July / early August.

Then the transfer window will close and we'll be told that there was money to spend but they couldn't get the deals over the line.

Us fans will still be here as the king of procrastination goes back into his sound proof bunker until January.

I'm optimistic. If he could bring Neves and Coady with him, and get Doherty playing at the level he was with him at Wolves, that would be a great start. If he then acts as a new broom, and is then instrumental in picking a best eleven based on what he sees, rather than on reputation, whilst also seeing off a few who should have departed some time ago, we'll be heading in the right direction. I think he may be capable of all of that.

I don’t think he matches the brief outlined by Levy but he may adapt his style to fit. Nobody will know whether that is realistic until he implements things.
Areas of concern for me relate to playing & developing youth, tactical set ups, his ability to motivate a group of unmotivated individuals, his name in the footballing world & ensuring we don’t focus on old pro’s.
A wider issue is the damage done through waiting 2.5 months to appoint someone that’s been available for half of that time. Supporters trust has been hit hard & I feel Nuno is already hampered before he actually starts! If we lose our first couple of games there will be supporters going crazy!

Let's be honest who gives a shit what Levy wants or thinks? The guy doesn't have a clue about football and has zero class.

He is an accountant and should stick to looking at the numbers because that is all he is good for.

Surely this is Paratici's appointment? Levy could have had Nuno six weeks ago but as I understand it the club didn't even consider him until Paratici came on board.

This is the issue Spurs have always had when a DOF is in place. Rumours are Levy is still having a say. If true this new system is doomed from the off.

The only way this works is if Fabio takes full control on managers, coaches and the buying and selling.

I do hope Nuno will have a say on the players he wants. That way Fabio can just focus on the negotiations.

We shouldn't delude ourselves there would have been any transfer activity in the last 6 weeks. Levy was just keeping us entertained through the close season. We now get the novelty of a new manager for 2-3 weeks as a distraction for no transfer activity until late July / early August.

Then the transfer window will close and we'll be told that there was money to spend but they couldn't get the deals over the line.

Us fans will still be here as the king of procrastination goes back into his sound proof bunker until January.
The transfer window reverts back to its end-of-summer deadline date this year. It closes on the 31 August. So those excuses won't wash this time. Plenty of time to get good business done.

This is the issue Spurs have always had when a DOF is in place. Rumours are Levy is still having a say. If true this new system is doomed from the off.

The only way this works is if Fabio takes full control on managers, coaches and the buying and selling.

I do hope Nuno will have a say on the players he wants. That way Fabio can just focus on the negotiations.
It just seems a Levyesq appointment to me.
TBH it matters not. He is here now. Hopefully he can bring a bit of joy and enthusiasm to the squad.
The most important thing for me is that Fabio does the necessary spring clean and gets players shifted.

Let's hope our new MDOF gets things moving. He is the only reason I'm still optimistic things will happen this summer.

Let's be honest who gives a shit what Levy wants or thinks? The guy doesn't have a clue about football and has zero class.

He is an accountant and should stick to looking at the numbers because that is all he is good for.
It is more that Levy stated elements we all seek for Spurs. To play an attractive, free flowing style of football. So in that, I believe his statement rings true with all that we aspire for.
Our reputation has been severely hit due to this as although Nuno may turn out to be good for us & we may have been struggling to get our preferred options, this appointment simply smacks of desperation. That in itself doesn’t instil any form of confidence in either the new management structure or Nuno himself.
My hope was that we’d return to seeking the best young talent around & snapping them up whilst playing football on the front foot. I have no confidence that will now happen but I honestly hope I’m wrong!