Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Possibly, he's pragmatic enough to be adaptive

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Pure desperation on our part, not even close to our DNA

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • Haven't got a clue, we've been mugged again

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
I think a significant factor in the disapproval of Nuno from fans has been caused by the length of time taken and the number of failed approaches along the way.

Personally I think he is certainly capable of stepping up. His last year or so at Wolves was a concern but given the players they lost from their already squad it can't be too big of a surprise.

I think a significant factor in the disapproval of Nuno from fans has been caused by the length of time taken and the number of failed approaches along the way.

Personally I think he is certainly capable of stepping up. His last year or so at Wolves was a concern but given the players they lost from their already squad it can't be too big of a surprise.
I get that he lost first team players but that’s a fact of life. He will need to recognise that it’ll be the same with us. Kane has 1 foot out the door, other senior pro’s want to follow & you also suffer injuries throughout the season.
Some of the players leaving will be our choice but not all. So it’s a huge task.
Nuno isn’t renowned for bringing youth through & developing them. That’s not to say he can’t do it but to this point he hasn’t shown he is capable & I would be worried if I were a young talent in our academy. He has relied on pressing & counter attack styles. Counter attacking doesn’t fit us at all & doesn’t fit our “DNA”.
I understand why some are glad Nuno is with us but I think that’s partly pure desperation to get someone in & others believing that Nuno will draw the masses in with free flowing football. We may well have been desperate but I still believe if we’d offered the money for someone like Potter, they would have come. Someone that has actually shown a style that fits the DNA Levy decried we were seeking.
I’ll get behind Nuno but this appointment is utterly uninspiring, smacks of desperation & is extremely risky.

Levy is getting a lot of stick for this appointment but this decision is largely Paratici's.

Paratici has a reputation for being one of the world's best in his position. And not so long ago Levy was being lauded for what was seen as being bit of a coup in getting him to Spurs. So although Nuno may not have been Paratici's first choice (or he may well have been) we have to assume he's seen enough qualities in Nuno to make the appointment. It's Paratici's reputation that is at stake here as well.

And whilst things may look grim in the immediate future, looking ahead Paratici wouldn't have joined unless he could see the potential for much a more promising future. He could probably have had his pick of the jobs but he chose to come here.

Unexpected quick ending (Blindsidingly swift) to an odd process, to say the least.

Pretty sure that, if at the beginning of all of this, we were all told, that after the Nagelsmann agreement went tits up, the Board was working on a list of 5 names, and they were...

Flick
Ten Hag
Ragnick
Nuno
Galtier

Just for examples sake....

And the process lasted 4 weeks, and at the end the choice was....

Nuno!!

(Because Germany, new Ajax deal, stickin in his big job, wasnt sure about the Prem yet...)

Alot of Spurs fans would have prolly been pretty happy with the choice.

He's not a giant name, but he has shown some capability for success in the league. He's recognized as a good man-manager, and it's pretty obvious this team could use that now. I expect there'll be alot of effort by the club to dismiss the notion his "style of play" isnt in the spirit of "Spurs DNA", and some pre-backlash from fans at first as well. But I'd caution against that a bit, and let's see what he puts together. He has used different setups in the past based upon the squads at hand. That's another trait that could bode well for him in the current spurs clubhouse.

Im super interested in seeing how this new front office setup/dynamic works out. and at the same time, and creepily uncomfortable with the potential issues with these SuperAgents, and having their fingers in clubs. could be a really beneficial relationship, could also turn into an unmitigated disaster. Should be entertaining regardless.

Underwhelming appointment for me. But, nowhere near a worst case scenario. I am excited to see what this guy can do, because he has just been handed the Golden Opportunity of a Lifetime. I hope he makes the most of it.

I get that he lost first team players but that’s a fact of life. He will need to recognise that it’ll be the same with us. Kane has 1 foot out the door, other senior pro’s want to follow & you also suffer injuries throughout the season.
Some of the players leaving will be our choice but not all. So it’s a huge task.
Nuno isn’t renowned for bringing youth through & developing them. That’s not to say he can’t do it but to this point he hasn’t shown he is capable & I would be worried if I were a young talent in our academy. He has relied on pressing & counter attack styles. Counter attacking doesn’t fit us at all & doesn’t fit our “DNA”.
I understand why some are glad Nuno is with us but I think that’s partly pure desperation to get someone in & others believing that Nuno will draw the masses in with free flowing football. We may well have been desperate but I still believe if we’d offered the money for someone like Potter, they would have come. Someone that has actually shown a style that fits the DNA Levy decried we were seeking.
I’ll get behind Nuno but this appointment is utterly uninspiring, smacks of desperation & is extremely risky.

We sacked Poch and his team which cost us 20m, we sacked jose and his team and that cost us similar or more.

Whoever came in, was going to be free and available.

If the rumours are true and Brighton wanted 20m to buy out Potters contract, no wonder we looked elsewhere.

Money is tight and will be until we get big crowds back.

Nuno will surprise everyone, but it won't be a quick fix. Next season is almost a write-off, but after that I expect great things.

Some of the players he signed at wolves are phenomenal, so if we have access to that market it's a massive win.

Now let's make Ruben Neves our #1 target.

Give the guy a chance ....happier than getting in an EGOTIST at the moment....lets see him undo Jose, who had injected so much perspecticide into our players that they forgot which way the opposition goal was. Lets hope Nuno can undo all the brainwashing and remind them that entertainment and goals are the be all and end all of our football DNA at Spurs foremost, and to win some cups and hopefully leagues further down the road. I want to enjoy watching my team play again and also see signs of hope that we can achieve great things over time.

Welcome Nuno ...COYS

Woke up with the same feeling of beige Ness over this appointment.
Upon reflection it seems to me Levy has made a safe appointment for 18 months.
Steady the ship.
Get the revenues back in and maybe scrape UEFA cup for the next season.
My gut feeling is that this is so safe it's a precursor to sticking the 'for sale' sign up for anyone with enough money left to buy.
I reckon this pandemic has changed the value of football clubs forever and Joe and Danny are far to shrewd to see anymore lost.

Nuno will surprise everyone, but it won't be a quick fix. Next season is almost a write-off, but after that I expect great things.

Some of the players he signed at wolves are phenomenal, so if we have access to that market it's a massive win.

Now let's make Ruben Neves our #1 target.

Maybe not, but you can expect the Renato Sanches links any day now tho...

👍 🤣

What Paratici has said so far:

“The brief for this appointment has always been clear, we wanted a Head Coach that can instil all the values that are important to this Football Club.You only have to look at Nuno’s time at Wolves to see his ability to take a group of players and implement an adaptive style that brings success and allows players to develop and thrive.

"We are all looking forward to getting started in what we hope will be a successful time with the club.”

What Levy has said so far:

"First of all, I’d like to welcome Nuno to the club. We should like to thank our supporters for all their patience throughout this process.
I’ve spoken already about the need to revert back to our core DNA of playing attacking, entertaining football and Fabio and I believe Nuno is the man who can take our talented group of players, embrace our young players coming through and build something special.”

What I say:

To reflect the general view of his appointment; you can pick 3 of the above choices!

Last edited:
"what we HOPE will be a successful time with the club" - if it was a scripted, someone needs shooting.

As for Nuno's fit, I think it is pretty good. I saw a group of players at Wolves that played for their manager. We haven't had that since 2017 and will be his biggest challenge. We haven't had players that pass and then MOVE for a while either. That will be another challenge for him to overcome.

As long as we steer clear of buying the old pro's, we'll be just fine.

I assume he'll bring his backroom staff across with him?

Playing attacking and entertaining football does not guarantee success. Especially when you can't afford to buy top players or hire a top manager.
Interesting use of the word Should instead of Would. We should like to thank our fans ?
I would have gone for Would .

I should have said, you can choose 3 of the 4 responses (to reflect the indecision in our recruitment process and the feeling of meh! that so many Spurs fans seem to be expressing....)