Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Possibly, he's pragmatic enough to be adaptive

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Pure desperation on our part, not even close to our DNA

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • Haven't got a clue, we've been mugged again

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
This is why Bergwijn was becoming so important to the setup. Whilst he fluffed his lines in front of goal, his team contribution was excellent. With him in the side, you'd know he be back alongside Skipp if Dele and Hojbjerg were overexposed. You know the opposition defence would be harried all game. You can't guarantee that with Moura because he switches off. Equally as willing a worker, but without the smarts.

No coincidence that Stevie was part of the first three 1-0 wins, even if he was subbed late in a couple. I'd rather have a guy like this (or Moura) playing with Son, Tanguy, Dele and Gio rather than the current Kane.

Hojbjerg
Gio, Ndombele, Dele
Son, Bergwijn

No place for passengers, and Gio needs to watch his back. I'd still give him a run in the side though.

Agree with most of that but dele does not deserve a slot in our team or perhaps any premiership team.

When conte refused to join us, we knew our ambition was limited.

The only suprise to me was Paratici joining.

This is going to be a long rebuild. There is so so much wrong.

Our style of play was terrible when we were winning in August. I can't tell whether it's a Mourinho hangover or Nuno likes miserable football too.

Conte will only join a club with money to burn or willing to smash the bank - as his last club did, and are now suffering for it.

We would never ever do that, at least not under ENIC's ownership.

Our results and way of playing (although it included Bale) showed that we can play a different type of football.

Maybe Mason wasn't so silly a temp appointment after all?

Nuno appears to be an intelligent man, he's had a difficult last few weeks, but I'm pretty confident that we have improvement in us, and that includes getting Kane back to his best.

Conte will only join a club with money to burn or willing to smash the bank - as his last club did, and are now suffering for it.

Our results and way of playing (although it included Bale) showed that we can play a different type of football.

Nuno appears to be an intelligent man, he's had a difficult last few weeks, but I'm pretty confident that we have improvement in us, and that includes getting Kane back to his best.

I'm not sure if his head has completely gone.

Chelsea have a fantastic team but we looked like a pub set up in the final 30.

I think that If he gets Harry and N'dom firing they will drag the others up several levels.
Its a big if. and we have been waiting two years. So I am not hopeful.

Nuno is having to fix a lot of problems from what came before. The similarities between when Poch joined us and now are obvious.

Fitness is the key issue we have. Poor mentality and low confidence follows close behind. The fact that Nuno is identifying them is a great start. He still needs time to properly figure out his best team/tactics but I also feel he needs to find his own confidence. He doesnt have the same energy about him like he had in his first season with Wolves in the PL.

What really concerns me is how much we struggle to boss the midfield. It's a trend that start under Mourinho and seems to be continuing.

Nuno is having to fix a lot of problems from what came before. The similarities between when Poch joined us and now are obvious.

Fitness is the key issue we have. Poor mentality and low confidence follows close behind. The fact that Nuno is identifying them is a great start. He still needs time to properly figure out his best team/tactics but I also feel he needs to find his own confidence. He doesnt have the same energy about him like he had in his first season with Wolves in the PL.

What really concerns me is how much we struggle to boss the midfield. It's a trend that start under Mourinho and seems to be continuing.

You are so right. Every time I read a poster saying "drop Dele", "drop Hojbjerg","drop Moura" or "drop Bergwijn" I have a little chuckle. In a world where you only have 3 subs, how can we currently have team full of Kane, Gil, Ndombele, Gio etc? Even Gil needs to develop physically to pay 90 mins in the Prem in my opinion. It would be the same if we started Scarlett and he played at the intensity he does when he comes off the bench.

As Nuno gets these players 90 mins fit, there will clearly be more rotation opportunities.

You are so right. Every time I read a poster saying "drop Dele", "drop Hojbjerg","drop Moura" or "drop Bergwijn" I have a little chuckle. In a world where you only have 3 subs, how can we currently have team full of Kane, Gil, Ndombele, Gio etc? Even Gil needs to develop physically to pay 90 mins in the Prem in my opinion. It would be the same if we started Scarlett and he played at the intensity he does when he comes off the bench.

As Nuno gets these players 90 mins fit, there will clearly be more rotation opportunities.

Amen to all of the above :clap:

So many fans seem to think that the list of players we have at our disposable (on paper) should be achieving an awful lot more at the flick of a switch because a new head coach and coaching staff have come in!

The problems run much, much deeper, and yes Levy and ENIC can take some flack for not showing ambition blah, blah (but that's another topic altogether)
So fans are calling for Nuno to be axed just because he hasn't fixed the issues that he has inherited from Poch's last months in charge and all of Jose's tenure!

So 3 YEARS of dross to un-pick and sort out in the space of 3 months and then show him the door? Give over!!!

He has been banging on about problem after problem in his presser.
He makes Jose seem upbeat.
He does realise that all the other teams have roughly the same problems doesn't he?

Amen to all of the above :clap:

So many fans seem to think that the list of players we have at our disposable (on paper) should be achieving an awful lot more at the flick of a switch because a new head coach and coaching staff have come in!

The problems run much, much deeper, and yes Levy and ENIC can take some flack for not showing ambition blah, blah (but that's another topic altogether)
So fans are calling for Nuno to be axed just because he hasn't fixed the issues that he has inherited from Poch's last months in charge and all of Jose's tenure!

So 3 YEARS of dross to un-pick and sort out in the space of 3 months and then show him the door? Give over!!!

I think the issue is he is a negative manager with a negative philosophy.

We were told different by our amazing chairman we would get in a coach that plays football the right way.

He shouldn't have been hired as he wasn't what we needed.

Fonzerelli had a bust up with Fabio over style of play so it seems Mr mafia is equally part of the problem.

People are kidding themselves thinking Nuno will play the way we all crave.

I'll be amazed if he lasts the season. Which is a shame as he seems a decent bloke.

If he fails I won't blame him.

We were told different by our amazing chairman we would get in a coach that plays football the right way.

Fonzerelli had a bust up with Fabio over style of play so it seems Mr mafia is equally part of the problem.

I'll be amazed if he lasts the season. Which is a shame as he seems a decent bloke.

The trouble the poor bloke has is also the players. Once he starts calling them out on their 'problems' he's done for with this lot. Leopards and spots and all that.
He gets my vote until the end of the season. Christmas isn't fair of the guy.

Funny I thought when he was at Wolves, they played a very expansive aggressive attacking style and were good to watch .........common factor is him....the issue is our players!

Funny I thought when he was at Wolves, they played a very expansive aggressive attacking style and were good to watch .........common factor is him....the issue is our players!

Wolves never scored many goals. They looked good at times but they did have Neves, Moutinho, Jota, Jimenez and Adama in the team so it's not like he had some poor team at his disposal.

Those stats are nothing to do with the current squad. They are down to the manager.

If he keeps those stats up he is gone by Christmas.

I wonder what Mason's were?

Those stats are nothing to do with the current squad. They are down to the manager.

If he keeps those stats up he is gone by Christmas.

I wonder what Mason's were?

He's come out with fighting talk, in fairness to him, since the end of our 3 match winning run, almost nothing has gone his way ..

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-nuno-espirito-santo-arsenal-derby-b956506.html

Tottenham boss Nuno defiant after Chelsea loss as Arsenal derby clash looms: ‘Things are going to improve’

VIEW 1 COMMENTS

By
Dan Kilpatrick
@Dan_KP
20 hours ago
A defiant Nuno Espirito Santo says his Tottenham side will improve after admitting supporters deserved better than Sunday’s defeat to Chelsea.

Spurs went down 3-0 to a London rival for the second consecutive League match and Nuno will be under mounting pressure if they lose again at Arsenal this weekend.

Nuno’s side began the campaign with three straight 1-0 wins but injury and absences over the international break have left the manager with problems to solve across the pitch.

Speaking ahead of the visit to his former club Wolves in the Carabao Cup third round on Wednesday, Nuno promised his side were working hard to turn around their stuttering form.

“We started the season with a lot of [difficult] situations and we built a way,” Nuno said.
“We built how we wanted to do things and we did quite well in the first matches of the season. I recall the atmosphere was huge.
“Of course when things happen and we have problems and results don’t appear and performances don’t appear, the momentum goes.
“The good feeling goes away but this is what we have to realise and we have to find a way to go back again.

“Our fans deserve much, much better than what we did on Sunday. I was really pleased and I think our fans were as well with the first half – there were a lot of positives – but the second half was not good.
“So we lost that chance to recover the good feeling among us, but what I can tell and my message is clear: we are working hard, we are working very hard and the players are committed to it.
“We are positive. It’s about trying to build during the competition, we don’t have too much time on the training ground. It’s during the matches.

“The players are committed. Things are going to gel and we are going to play better and things are going to improve because this is what we realise.

“Our reaction to our problems is hard work, it’s helping each other. It’s how I work, with everybody involved. This is the right path for us.”

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy promised at the end of last season that he would appoint a manager to play “free-flowing, attacking and entertaining” football but Nuno’s side have scored just once from open play in five League games and have the lowest expected goals (xG) of any side in the top-flight.
Asked if his side would eventually add goals to their hard work, Nuno said: “We have to find the balance.

“We have to find the balance in our game. If you want me to talk about the game against Chelsea, all the positives happened in the first half and we can share a lot of things that were okay and for sure the fans were happy.
“In the second half we didn’t do things. We opened ourselves. One concern we have is when we concede first we are not able to react. The team is not strong enough to go and give a good response.

“A lot of things that we have to improve on, but what we saw is what is moving us forward in the first half, this attitude, this willingness to go and play really nice football.
“With the talented and quality players we have, when they start to gel I’m positive it’s going to be good.”

The Spurs manager will again be without Lucas Moura and Steven Bergwijn at Molineux, with the latter in a protective boot after suffering a sprained ankle in the European match at Rennes last week.

Like everything else in life it'll take time to make things right. He needs a full season.

He doesn't if he continues to have us playing how we are.

Any new manager coming in can stamp their style fairly quickly, he's got another month I reckon. Another half a dozen games of playing boring, negative football creating 1 or 2 chances a game and he's gone, and rightly so.

Jose got more time because he's Jose and to be fair to Jose he started off a lot better than what Nuno has. Style wise.