Number Crunching: Sky & BT Sport Hardly Bother Broadcasting Manchester City – Live | Vital Football

Number Crunching: Sky & BT Sport Hardly Bother Broadcasting Manchester City – Live

Tudor

Vital Football Legend
What do you do if you reside in the UK, you’re a Manchester City supporter and for whatever reason, you can’t attend home or away games?

Simple, you subscribe and pay a small fortune to the two licensed broadcasters authorized to show LIVE domestic football and European ties in Britain and Ireland.

Failing that, BBC Radio Manchester provide excellent commentary on every City game, and it doesn’t cost you a penny (BBC license fee excluded). Also, the club offers social media matchday updates.

Fine and dandy I hear you say. The thing is, especially for me, there is nothing like watching the game, LIVE.

I know of others who point blank refuse to pay anything towards Sky and BT coffers and solely rely on Kodi and other scrupulous ways of viewing live football (not recommended but hey, each to their own).

https://manchestercity.vitalfootbal...dly-bother-broadcasting-manchester-city-live/

The stats make interesting reading. Arsenal coming too if the list is a surprise though.

We are certainly getting more coverage than before and it would need a proper statistical analysis of the games broadcast to reach some solid conclusions. For example - how are the games scheduled, who is playing who on any given weekend which may account for some of the differences in total appearances in the lists.

I am a bit surprised that the Brighton game hasn't been scheduled for broadcast now but appreciate that the decisions are made weeks beforehand.

I guess we are guilty if spoiling the Sky party by unsportingly securing the title which so many games to spare thus denying them their frenzied approach to the season's conclusion. Bad form really.

Note to Guardiola - please stop being so good that you ruin the lives of the video adver/graphics preparation teams at Sky who now have to make do with "The race for second place".

Hitting

It’s a similar theme in golf. Even though he is now amongst the also-rans, Tiger Woods footage is given prominence over the leaders in all the broadcasts.

It's a shame. This is not the case for us. With a couple of exceptions, I've been able to watch every match on TV.:gent::punk:

Yes, I saw that ........but, you know,my immediate thought was that coming on the same day of the announcement of Guardiola’s contract extension, following so soon after the smashing of those records and Pep winning the manager of the year awards, they (media) were so f**cking desperate for something positive to say about the rags thatthis was the best that they could come up with.

City’s stunning season and progress has cast the sterile chod served up by Maureen into very sharp relief and so they have fallen back onto this weak offering. #desperate

What's this all about then? The Premier League gives City money? There I was thinking that all our revenue came from dirty Arab oil money.

£300k more for the rags? That would almost pay Sanchez' wages for a whole week, not to be sniffed at.

Indeed. The relative difference is marginal in the scale of the overall finances that so desperate are they to find something, anything, where the rags are ahead of City ........they have to resort to this and highlight it so prominently. In effect if one more City match had been shown instead of one of the rag games the numbers would be even more negligible and irrelevant.

The head of their social media team, Nick Coppack, was the head of utd's social media team for years, they're not worth listening to, it's just pro Utd propaganda. I'm just glad I don't have to pay a licence fee for their crap.

Even the tone of the headin sounds like the sort of whining you find in the playground......”Premier League pays Man U*d more than champions Man City”. Neh neh neh neh neeeehh. FFS.:rolleyes:

Seriously rooting for Chelsea tomorrow. Perhaps a Sanchez og could be the cherry on the cake?