Number 28 | Vital Football

Number 28

Mcnamee67

Vital Champions League
The FA cup draw tonight, that's the number every team that played in the earlier rounds and are still in the competition will be hoping to be drawn against.

That’s us on the telly, and another chance to see Ronnie Radfords goal in the bbc overhyped build up, because I’ve only seen that 10, 000 fuckin’ times.

Completely forgot that the draw was tonight but there's far too many other decent games for us to be over worried about being embarrassed on the telly.

Just looking through the records for omens, we last won the FA Cup when drawn away in the 3rd round against a lower league team with 8 letters in the place name including an O and an H, Plymouth, as do Rochdale.

Before getting too excited, since then, in the 3rd round when drawn away we have since been knocked by Brighton twice. For Hereford, we were drawn at home but lost away in the replay.

We have never played either Rochdale or Boston in a competitive first team game. Boston would be our first 3rd round clash with a non league team since Hereford.

Last edited:
Just looking through the records for omens, we last won the FA Cup when drawn away in the 3rd round against a lower league team with an O and an H in the name, Plymouth, as do Rochdale.

Before getting too excited, since then, in the 3rd round when drawn away we have since been knocked by Brighton twice. For Hereford, we were drawn at home but lost away in the replay.

We have never played either Rochdale or Boston in a competitive first team game. Boston would be our first 3rd round clash with a non league team since Hereford.
I can't remember what happened yesterday (so my good lady says) Rexn but 45 years ago it is as clear as gin :giggle:. We played Hendon in round 3 at home and drew. The replay was at Watford and we won 4-0. I drove there and back the same day, it was an early kick off due to the 3 day week and the programme was an A4 sheet of paper folded in half. I got that signed by all the players apart from Macdonald. That's another story though, maybe I should regale it sometime

Last edited:
I can't remember what happened yesterday (so my good lady says) Rexn but 45 years ago it is as clear as gin :giggle:. We played Hendon in round 3 at home and drew. The replay was at Watford and we won 4-0. I drove there and back the same day, it was an early kick off due to the 3 day week and the programme was an A4 sheet of paper folded in half. I got that signed by all the players apart from Macdonald. That's another story though, maybe I should regale it sometime
Go on, Mac, you have to tell us now.

Haha, not much to tell really. After the game we had gone for a bite to eat and then on way home when we were on the M1 the traffic ground to a standstill. Probably about half an hour later without moving a couple of us got out to stretch our legs. Have a dozen vehicles ahead was a coach and we realised it was the team coach when Joe Harvey and Terry Hibbitt got off looking a bit worse for wear. That's when I got the programme signed by the players but Macdonald was asleep on the back seat and didn't complete the signatures. We were stuck there a couple of hours and it was a multiple vehicle accident. I finally got home about 5am and put a 'half day' in at work, which I didn't get paid for. An expensive away trip.