NUFC v Wolves | Page 2 | Vital Football

NUFC v Wolves

Our 3 best players missing for that 2nd half and a point gained. Broocey's headlines write themselves.

This is going down to the last day but we haven't got a squad that is among the 3 worst in the league so why will we be involved in it? Oh, that's right. Thanks go to Jabba Ashley and Alan Carr wannabe Lee Charnley.

I thought Lewis had a decent game all told. Lascelles much better second half and Shelvey had his best half in Nufc colours in ages. Made plenty of chances across the game Joelinton's was a terrible miss 2nd half. 7 shots on target for the side and 1 goal isn't a good enough conversion rate. Though the side aren't where they are because of performances like tonight it's the performances for the greater part of the season that may well send them down.

Both fullbacks were poor tonight on reflection, as was Joelinton. The injuries to ASM and Almiron will be the death knell should either or both be out for a long spell

Personally I thought Joelinton done alright yet again but he's not a striker. He can hold up the ball well but fitting him in the team is a difficulty that may be a bridge too far considering we're in a fight to the finish.

2 points lost, missing a decent striker. Difficult to predict bur WBA and Brighton will be up for the fight. Hopefully Fulham will lose today.
I feared injuries to key players and that has happened, plus a few may be near suspension for being carded.

Wolves have been on a decent run. It doesn’t help when two key players get injured. Result was about right I suppose.

I've been holding off and holding off on my opinion of Lewis because he's young and probably having the ability coached out of him, but the more I see him try to play football the more I realise he doesn't have any ability. Can't defend can't stay with his man, his positioning is atrocious, he downright refuses to put in a tackle or even a block. On the very odd occasion he finds himself in a forward position his crosses hit the opposite corner flag. Absolute headless chicken, I thought krafth was bad but at least he didn't cost 15m.

What I saw was our team try to have a go but they just aren't good enough. The side is full of poor footballers. Wolves no better really so I guess a draw was the right result. But there was no-one on the pitch I would call top 6 standard. Just 22 poor to average players having a kick about for their monstrous wages.

I've been holding off and holding off on my opinion of Lewis because he's young and probably having the ability coached out of him, but the more I see him try to play football the more I realise he doesn't have any ability. Can't defend can't stay with his man, his positioning is atrocious, he downright refuses to put in a tackle or even a block. On the very odd occasion he finds himself in a forward position his crosses hit the opposite corner flag. Absolute headless chicken, I thought krafth was bad but at least he didn't cost 15m.

He's poor and has been for the vast majority of the season . I do see some potential with him, there were moments yesterday when he had some good link up play with Asm and he put in a couple of good balls . There's also several times a game when he'll look for a pass either infield or forwards and there's simply nothing on. Defensively at times he's been shocking but that's not uncommon under Bruce as both flanks are criminally exposed. Though looking at goals conceded in recent games far more have come from moves the right side of the pitch than the left.

The requirements of full backs generally have changed, they're predominately a creative player now, they hardly ever seem to stop a cross or a man. Physically Lewis needs to be stronger but that should have been addressed the moment he joined, it's sadly too late for that for this season. Also his confidence looks shot and he looks to me like a player who needs to simplify his game. With a half decent manager and squad he should have been taken out of the side months ago and allowed to get his game together in the reserves. If Dummet is fit I'd give him a go (defensively he's better although he's lost once he's over the half way line) or failing that Ritchie. Benitez would have been great for Lewis playing under Bruce is killing him .

He's poor and has been for the vast majority of the season . I do see some potential with him, there were moments yesterday when he had some good link up play with Asm and he put in a couple of good balls . There's also several times a game when he'll look for a pass either infield or forwards and there's simply nothing on. Defensively at times he's been shocking but that's not uncommon under Bruce as both flanks are criminally exposed. Though looking at goals conceded in recent games far more have come from moves the right side of the pitch than the left.

The requirements of full backs generally have changed, they're predominately a creative player now, they hardly ever seem to stop a cross or a man. Physically Lewis needs to be stronger but that should have been addressed the moment he joined, it's sadly too late for that for this season. Also his confidence looks shot and he looks to me like a player who needs to simplify his game.

Not sure I share your optimism KK, you say simplify his game, he doesn't exactly try anything exotic, it's all backward and sideways passes. There are not always options but sometimes there are and he chooses to go back. Probably lacking confidence as you say but not what we need during a relegation battle. This kid gets the very basic fundamentals wrong on a regular basis. For me one of the very basics of being a fullback no matter how bad you are, is to stop crosses coming in. I'm not getting on his case because of yesterday, this is the last straw of what's happening on a regular basis. Even opposition teams have found him out and are targeting him . I'd have Ritchie in there and he s not even a defender but still better than Lewis.

What I saw was our team try to have a go but they just aren't good enough. The side is full of poor footballers. Wolves no better really so I guess a draw was the right result. But there was no-one on the pitch I would call top 6 standard. Just 22 poor to average players having a kick about for their monstrous wages.

Easy to criticise players mate but when you look at the internationals especially on wolves team, it's pretty obvious it's not just the players.

The full backs are poor, only Willems proved to be half decent yet they never signed him when he was fully fit.

Should be an interesting relegation battle and somehow Bruce will fluke staying up. On a footballing perspective then I've little confidence they will.

What makes me laugh is before the season about 95% of people were wanking over the new signings and were talking Europe hahaha. How's that working out?

Results today were good for us Fulham drawing and Burnley getting thumped. As for Brighton how on earth they managed to lose was a real bonus yesterday. It’s in our own hands we have West Brom, Brighton and Seff Utd to play. Oh yes then Fulham last game. I still think 35 points will be enough whether we acquire that many points is another thing.

Recently we have looked and performed very well ..... for 30 mins or so , that's encouraging of sorts, but it's going to be the injuries that hamper us in the end . With the main 3 attackers out things look more bleak .