NUFC v Wolves Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

NUFC v Wolves Thread

So one game on Wednesday makes up for years of shit? Nah, fuck off. There’s no surprise we played better whilst he was out of the team. Maybe it’s you which knows fuck all? Looks that way.

Years of shit? He’s been solid for years a stand out player for us, but turn on him after one game, most shite fans do. Yep we’ve stormed up the table without Lascelles

Rafa's substitutions are mediocre at the best of times.
Bring on Murphyfor Ritchie, his fresh legs would help
Joselu is crap.
Not out of the woods yet.
Takeover and sooner the better or else?

Murphy wasn’t on the bench, if Fernandez stays on we don’t lose that game, a steal for 7 million him.

Laschelles isn't a poor player , far from it last season he had a really good partnership with lejunne . Possibly the best (in conceding goals) outside the top six last year.
He was also on the verge of the national squad. In my time of supporting the club we have never been better off in the 4 centre backs as a group.

Years of shit? He’s been solid for years a stand out player for us, but turn on him after one game, most shite fans do. Yep we’ve stormed up the table without Lascelles

Look at the results this season without him in the team.

People wank over him because he shouted his mouth off in the dressing room at Southampton.

He makes Steven Taylor and David Beharall look mobile and technical.

Look at the results this season without him in the team.

People wank over him because he shouted his mouth off in the dressing room at Southampton.

He makes Steven Taylor and David Beharall look mobile and technical.

Yeah okay mate, like Taylor he’s cost us loads of points with brainless sendings off and he’s never scored any point winning headers, there’s lot’s of problems with our club, Lascelles isn’t one of them.

Lascelles is 10 times the player Stephen Taylor was - he didn't have the best of games yesterday but Yedlin takes most of the blame for the loss for me like

Lascelles had checked behind him just before the ball came in for the first and Yedlin was there - then as soon as the cross came in Yedlin fucked off - Granted Lascelles should have done better but he thought he had cover behind him if the ball went long

He's not going to win player of the season this year but I really don't understand references to Taylor and Beharall

Last edited:
He's looked immense whenever I've seen him plus not so long ago most were raving about him.

He's coming back from an injury and with international breaks only played one game in November,he probably lacks a bit of match sharpness that's all..

Lascelles has the ability to be a good centre half but i get the impression he is a bit of a huffy twat

On a different note it would be easy to say Yedlin was a bit unlucky with the red card. Watching it back last night it looked to me like the wolves player pulled Yedlins shirt first.

He's looked immense whenever I've seen him plus not so long ago most were raving about him.

He's coming back from an injury and with international breaks only played one game in November,he probably lacks a bit of match sharpness that's all..

He looked "immense" (I would say adequate) when he was playing with Lejeune last year perhaps. Wouldn't get near the first 11 for any top half side.

I don't understand this "match sharpness" thing either. Surely you are either fit, or not? Its just an excuse for lazy players to trot around doing fuck all in the first 5 games of the season (Kennedy) or for a couple of games after any injury (any modern footballer(. The way the train they should be as fit as a butchers dog.

He looked "immense" (I would say adequate) when he was playing with Lejeune last year perhaps. Wouldn't get near the first 11 for any top half side.

I don't understand this "match sharpness" thing either. Surely you are either fit, or not? Its just an excuse for lazy players to trot around doing fuck all in the first 5 games of the season (Kennedy) or for a couple of games after any injury (any modern footballer(. The way the train they should be as fit as a butchers dog.

He's not playing for a top half side though is he ? Would he not look better as there's better players around him so in theory less defending ?

I've got a slightly different opinion on Kenedy in the first 5 games - I don't think he looked lazy ( I think he's looked anything but during his time here)

What I think he looked was well and truly shackled - playing in a side which as a team barely got over the half way line and playing in a midfield with Diame sitting so deep meant it was far too easy to double up on him and keep him quiet

Take the shackles off him and he looks capable every game

On the whole we are defensively weak at full back and this unsettles the defence.
Lascelles is ok if somewhat overrated. We have a decent batch of central defenders and a lack of quality full backs.
We also have wingers who do not create much and one striker.
Could the money have been better spent, probably.

I think sharpness applies to just about every sport CT a boxer can be as fit as a lop but will suffer ring rust if they don't fight often,you hear about footballers needing games,dart players needing pints...

Lascelles is not the most cultured defender mind but you will often see him putting his body on the line and making point saving blocks in the box.

It's all irrelevant though as he'll be off anyways, Ashley has given him that extension and Benitez has already bought his replacement.

Never rated Lascelles,championship centre back for me & 4th in the pecking order behind Fernandez,Schar & Lejeune,got the first touch of a hippo.
As for the cancelling of the "boycott"fatty must be laughing his tits off.
Let's hope the Magpie group can mobilise the masses come the end of January.