NUFC v Spurs | Page 5 | Vital Football

NUFC v Spurs

Fair play to the Spurs player who brought the off field problem to the attention of the ref. His actions and the quick response of the medics hopefully averted a more serious situation. Well done sir.

I don't know how anyone can defend Lascelles. He is truly awful and has been for a long time. Complete mismatch today. Spurs aren't that good really, but we don't have a player on the books who would get in their first 11.
Aye but now we have money to spend.
Allegedly...

I don't know how anyone can defend Lascelles. He is truly awful and has been for a long time. Complete mismatch today. Spurs aren't that good really, but we don't have a player on the books who would get in their first 11.

Its easy to defend Lascelles when he's accused of stuff he hasn't done

Absolute piece of piss

I am not at all surprised at the result. We were outplayed for 80 minutes 2-3 is a good result when you look at how easy it was for Spurs. Oh well maybe we need to go down to re build it certainly looks like it might happen.

Clark was shite and that's where I'm coming from

They are a shite defensive unit and constantly expose each other - to single anyone out makes little sense unless you are purely just trying to prove a point

Clark was shite and that's where I'm coming from

They are a shite defensive unit and constantly expose each other - to single anyone out makes little sense unless you are purely just trying to prove a point

I will single out Shelvey, he's a fuckin thief, stealing a living as a footballer.

This a relegation team with two top six players in Wilson and St Maximin if fit (and with Wilson that's a big if). Midfield (the personnel as well as the tactics are shocking) is just bypassed again and again. Opposition teams are allowed to run through and often are not tracked as the Newcastle United team decamps to the edge of the penalty area. The two best centre backs don't start and the instructions are to either get the ball to St Maximin and hope he does something or the masterplan of hitting diagonals to Joelinton playing off the left for him to try and hold it up (or give a foul away or miscontrol it or lay it off to a midfielder desperately trying to then get up the park) . That's it.

We need a spine in that side as soon as possible . An experienced centre back to marshal that defence, a midfielder with some physicality as well as a good engine on him and some proper full backs wouldn't hurt.

As for the manager if a change isn't made this week we're down.

Its easy to defend Lascelles when he's accused of stuff he hasn't done

Absolute piece of piss

Watch it again. He’s in no man’s land for the majority of goals. Same again for 2 of them today. Your hatred for me, despite me sending you a Christmas card clouds your judgment. Sky is blue - Glenn will say it’s black.

It’s almost star warsequece you pathetic ****.

Watch it again. He’s in no man’s land for the majority of goals. Same again for 2 of them today. Your hatred for me, despite me sending you a Christmas card clouds your judgment. Sky is blue - Glenn will say it’s black.

It’s almost star warsequece you pathetic ****.

Goal 1 - defensive line left totally exposed by no midfield cover tracking the runners into the box - Lascelles directly Infront of scorer so not in no man's land

Goal 2 - Kane was Clarke's man who was played onside by Manquillo - absolutely fuck all to do with Lascelles

Goal 3 - Lascelles played a part in a complete defensive shambles but you'd already singled him out at this point for the other 2 goals he wasn't responsible for

The only reason I bother with you is that you talk utter shite and it shouldn't go unchecked

Last edited:
The sooner a director of football is appointed the better. It may be costly to get a good one but desperate times require desperate actions. A new manager needs appointing also, Bruce has taken the flak for Ashley but that shouldn't forgive him for everything on the pitch. What's happened to Schar? He's got more chance of playing for Switzerland than his club side. The tactics are at times baffling, but then again I only watch it on the box but one thing I do know is 'if there are 3 teams worse defensively than us then I've yet to see them'.

Any half decent manager can get a performance out of us and see us ok. The problem there at the minute is the fact that the dinosaur is putting round pegs in square holes and when that fails he tries to revert to Rafa's way and it confuses everybody.

There's also the man-management where some just don't get a look in, even if their position is vacant and Broocey would rather hoy one of his favourites in, out of position.

Aside from needing another striker, our biggest problem is in the fullback slots. Matt Ritchie is again being used in an alien position when we have the likes of Jamal Lewis picking his arse on the bench. With Dummett due a return soon, this makes it interesting for the new boss to decide. Manquillo did alright in that he got forward to assist Wilson for the goal but the passing is shocking elsewhere on the pitch.

To get us through to January, this is the line up I would play: (A 4-3-3)

Darlow (Dubravka when fit)

Manquillo, Fernandez, Lascelles, Lewis.

Schar
Hayden, Willock

Miggy Saint-Maximin
Wilson

After January I would expect there to be 5 or 6 different names on the starting sheet. 2 full backs, a commanding centre back, a proper midfielder who has a brain and can put his foot on the ball as well as at least one more striker.

I'm not so sure it's as clear cut as that Toony regarding someone coming in and getting a performance out of the squad

I hope you're right but Benitez couldn't stop us getting relegated a few seasons ago

There is still time for us obviously but I think it is imperative we have new signings ready for the beginning of January

We've seen the difference the likes of Kenedy and Wilock can make but

The oil tanker needs stopping immediately before anyone can start turning it around

Goal 1 - defensive line left totally exposed by no midfield cover tracking the runners into the box - Lascelles directly Infront of scorer so not in no man's land

Goal 2 - Kane was Clarke's man who was played onside by Manquillo - absolutely fuck all to do with Lascelles

Goal 3 - Lascelles played a part in a complete defensive shambles but you'd already singled him out at this point for the other 2 goals he wasn't responsible for

The only reason I bother with you is that you talk utter shite and it shouldn't go unchecked

Thanks for providing me with video evidence that I am correct. Handed me it on a plate nonetheless.

I never mentioned the second goal in respect of Lascelles. He was directly at fault for 2 of the goals. That being said, you’re correct in your assertions that others played their part too as is the case with most goals. Despite this, Lascelles always appears to have the biggest part to play. The bloke is utter horse shit and the sooner people like him are told to get on their bike the better.

Oh and he kicks the ball like his foot is pitching wedge too. A simply awful defender in every aspect of the word.

Last edited:
Lascelles stood off for the 1st and was static to allow Kane to waltz past to cross for the 3rd, he was absolutely shit.

Lascelles gets stick because he's supposed to be captain. It's his job to organise the back line and scream at them if they're out of position. He can't, because he's got no fucking clue what he's supposed to do himself. He couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery and is an absolute liability.

The defence as a whole are extremely weak, playing a winger at left back is just insane. Ritchie offers nothing defensively, frequently caught out of position. His delivery is awful, can't even clear the first man most of the time.