NUFC v Spurs | Page 3 | Vital Football

NUFC v Spurs

It was not a bad game to watch and if Spurs are that bad how on earth are they pushing for 4th in the league. Perhaps it was the fact that our players got after them and actually looked quite dangerous in the final third which is unusual but encouraging. Fulham lost the plot today. They are struggling big time. Watch out for West Brom their result yesterday was unbelievable.

We could be in the bottom 3 on Friday night after the Fulham v Wolves game. Looking at the form over the previous 5 games, every team above us has collected more points than us which doesn't bode well for survival. The game at Burnley next Sunday could be make or break.

We could be in the bottom 3 on Friday night after the Fulham v Wolves game. Looking at the form over the previous 5 games, every team above us has collected more points than us which doesn't bode well for survival. The game at Burnley next Sunday could be make or break.
I think make or break for us depends when we get Wilson back as well as fit Mc.
That's what the stats tell us anyways.

I think make or break for us depends when we get Wilson back as well as fit Mc.
That's what the stats tell us anyways.
This season Wilson has played 19 Premiership games and ASM 16 and when in the team together we have won 5 games. That is a frightening stat considering we've only won 7 games.

Last edited:
He's done nothing to prove he should be keeping Darlow out

His distribution was shocking today and at times dangerous

Having said that I'm convinced Kane was offside

Having watched the highlights now, I believe Kane was offside. I also believe the keeper was far too close to his near post. Kane’s finishing is top drawer though, but spared further blushes from big Jamaal, especially as Lascelles left his man (trotting back like the fat fucking clogger that he is) yet again should Kane have squared it. A point well made by Anderson after the match.

All in all, it turns out to be a game that should’ve been won but for Joelinton and Lascelles. Two awful players. But we know that already.

Last edited:
This season Wilson has played 19 Premiership games and ASM 16 and when in the team together we have won 5 games. That is a frightening stat considering we've only won 7 games.

A positive spin of that stat (as per Sky during yesterday's match) is that the win ratio when they both play was 50% as opposed to 14% when they dont play together

No doubt about it that their replacements are nowhere near them in terms of quality

Kane was clearly offside for the 2nd goal. When you look at some of the goals which have been chalked off by VAR for marginal offsides I am amazed that one stood. Our keeper is awful mind. I used to consider him average but not now.

What happened to all of the purples that Lamearse used to bang on about? Are we in a different 5 year plan now?

Our 5 year plan is clear under Ashley. Survival in the Premier League at the minimum cost and zero communication with the fans, apart from the end of season lies. A Manager who will toe the line and not give him any problems.

Same old shit every year but as they are my team I will always be hoping for a different outcome. As everyone says it’s been a strange year all round so the football just adds to it and to be fair there is nothing strange about our position in the league apart from the fact that we are not in the bottom 3. Give it time it could still happen sooner rather than later.

Our 5 year plan is clear under Ashley. Survival in the Premier League at the minimum cost and zero communication with the fans, apart from the end of season lies. A Manager who will toe the line and not give him any problems.
I agree with the sentiment, but I just see it as a continuation of the now 14-year plan, give or take a few early months when Mort was there.