NUFC v Southampton | Page 2 | Vital Football

NUFC v Southampton

Shot by Longstaffe saved, Fernandez puts the rebound in. 2-1 I don't believe it

Last edited:
Great sub Brucie, no January signing for you son, 22 points at this stage, it’s the stuff what dreams are made of.

Dummett looked like he had lost some teeth as the players came off at the end which is apt as we were for the most part. Toothless.

As I said though, a flukey win will see calls for a 'Broocey' song gather ambling pace. To think, around 6 more wins and talk of an 8 year contract will be being whispered by Ashley and co.

Is it possible fatty somehow fiddled the fee he paid to Joelintons former club because no fucking way he's worth more than £10m at best.

We hammered Southampton 3-0 and 3-1 in our last two home games. Oh how I long for that boring football.

That's a very strange comment that Vin...

It was boring football under Benitez - it was 'just enough' football and it made your eyes bleed

The defensive nature and ridiculousness of the posts in the match threads this season is testament to just how well Bruce is doing.

Something amiss there billy, Hoffenheim sold Firmino for less than 30m to Liverpool and we paid another 10m plus for Joelinton. Who would you rather have in your team?

Another great commentary from McNamee.

Who said "I would rather be lucky than good"?

A great 1-2 (via a defender) between Carroll and Shelvey. That cross from Carroll was reminiscent of one he did for Lovenkrands back in the Championship.

Not only did the 2nd substitution pay off, so did the 3rd. Should Longstaff be starting? He may if St Maximin's injury is as it seems.

Still only 2 goals from strikers, Fernandez moves up to joint 2nd top scorer this season.

Now only 2 points behind a Europa League spot, 7 points above the drop zone, in the top half.

The way fixtures fall, also guaranteed not to be in the dreaded position of a bottom 3 spot at Christmas, so statistically, relegation almost becomes a non-issue.

A great 1-2 (via a defender) between Carroll and Shelvey. That cross from Carroll was reminiscent of one he did for Lovenkrands back in the Championship.

I remembered the cross by Shearer for Bob Lee at Wembley against Chelsea

I remembered the cross by Shearer for Bob Lee at Wembley against Chelsea
It looked more like a lump than a cross to me,good job it was windy.:fish:

It looked more like a lump than a cross to me,good job it was windy.:fish:
I like it PieMag, my recollection of the Rob Lee goal was a similar cross by Shearer when he didn't have a chance to look up. Just turned and hit a hopeful ball into the middle and a tremendous finish, same as today.