NUFC v Norwich | Page 5 | Vital Football

NUFC v Norwich

Rafa blueprint or not, the 'football' on offer is probably the worst ive seen in over 45 years or so of my footballing life. It's something that could be used to punish criminals into admitting guilt for crimes that theyve not admitted to.

What a time to be a Geordie born into supporting this.........

The 0-0 flattered 'us'. I used to think Pardew played containment football and it fucked me off but Broocey and his allowance of the Ashley way has created new parameters with his long staying love in.

The worst thing about this is that it will continue for at least another decade as Ashley's going nowhere. This is the shape of things to come.
Interesting stats bandied about a week or two ago when Bruce was lambasted for 30% possession at home against Chelsea I believe (could be wrong).
In the same fixture the season before the crowd had endured 15% :grinning:

We are no where near as difficult to watch as we were under Benitez

It's ugly now and this isn't a defence of Bruce but Rafas football made your eyes bleed

This side has much more freedom to get forward with the ball than Benitez side did - the shackles only came off when we went a goal down and had to do something about it.

Rafas containment football ruined Kenedy in my opinion and let's not forget him sticking with Joselu for so long bucause he was an effective extra midfielder

The frustrating and embarrassing thing was - he was hailed as a tactical genius for keeping goal difference down
:clap:

It was to be expected we often under perform against sides in the bottom three at home. We did the same last season we drew with Fulham 0-0. We did beat them 4-0 at the Cottage that was the last live game I attended.

It was to be expected we often under perform against sides in the bottom three at home. We did the same last season we drew with Fulham 0-0. We did beat them 4-0 at the Cottage that was the last live game I attended.
I think after three years of ultra defensiveness we don't know how and don't have the players to attack teams.

Even against Oxford we only looked capable of scoring on the break or at set pieces.

Did't the players have a mini revolt at the beginning of the season forcing the new manager to adopt the tactics of the previous seasons ?

Leicester or Norwich? We got thumped at both grounds. The only thing I remember about the Norwich away game was 50p head putting a header wide when it was easier to score.

Leicester or Norwich? We got thumped at both grounds. The only thing I remember about the Norwich away game was 50p head putting a header wide when it was easier to score.

Ahhhh that's right it was at Leicester, SDU got thumped 5-0! It was after the Norwich (3-1) loss that the players revolted and wanting to go back to boring Benitez ultra defensive shite. Of course the next game they beat Spurs so Bruce was hailed as a genius and the start of the "he has more points than Rafa" debacle.

I'm not sure where you heard or read that Bruce is a genius uk !! ?

We should not overlook the 31 points he has compared to rafa's 24 after 25 games but history will show both their records are as ordinary as the end result will be extraordinary for Mr Ashley.

I'm not sure where you heard or read that Bruce is a genius uk !! ?

It was in the comments section on the Chronicle site and remains the number one excuse to this day.

There's no denying he has more points than Benitez at this stage BUT there has been A LOT of luck and Dubravka has won more points than he's lost. Personally I think they will fluke their way to survival and Broocie will be elevated to Godlike status.

I don't get the Rafa Benitez love in, yes it made a nice change from previous managers towing the party line but it was carefully played. The football was shite, they could've brought in whoever but they would play the same way but do it better. Benitez had a lot of luck too, was it both PL seasons they were bottom 3 in January?

It was in the comments section on the Chronicle site and remains the number one excuse to this day.

That has to be a wind up :grinning:

Benitez had a lot of luck too, was it both PL seasons they were bottom 3 in January?
Aye Benitez had three points after 10 matches in his final season which had even his followers proclaiming relegation but after 15 matches had 13 and we were in 14th position,just shows how easy it is for Ashley to get away with what he does,the premier league is pony.