NUFC v Man Utd | Page 2 | Vital Football

NUFC v Man Utd

Always great to see a local lad do well. The history books will only show that ManU have won most titles since the Premier League began. What a day for the Longstaff family.

Sadly, 31st January will probably see a world record fee paid for a pair of brothers.

Have to say I was quite surprised. 2 Things. We won and SJP was kinda empty.
The young Longstaff is actually better than the older one. Early days I know, but still. He ran and ran his arse off. 40 mill for Joelinton? What a waste of money. St Maximin is actually a canny player.
Hope everyone is well in Newcastle. Regards everyone.

Nice to hear from you NZF. I can't believe how proud the parents of the Longstaffs are.
Man they are really good. Matty has a bright future. Time to get rid of Hayden and co.
Been busy lately and the bloody RWC has played havoc with my sleeping pattern. Keep well mate.

Nice to see Souness giving Newcastle credit and rightly so,it was well deserved.Some very good performances out there today,even if it was against a poor Man Ure side.

Cracking performance against a befuddled Manchester side. Both clubs have the problem of dreadful, non-football owners. A canny game brought out of the enthusiasm and energy of the Longstaff boys.

Oh so well done, lads. Cracking debut with that beautiful goal.

Unfortunately, the sheep will flock back.

Their disappointment at losing both brothers to FC’s greed in January may help but probably not.

Good game. Cracking debut. Utter Cxxt still bleeding the club dry.

Didn't even bother watching on TV . Went out and watched Joker with her indoors (great film , dark as hell , can't recommend you go as just heard that Gary Glitter will make money out of his song being used in it. ). As we came out the flicks she was giving it "you won one nil !!, and I was completely non plussed. Pleased for the Longstaff family and I've seen the goal and it was decent but just have zero enthusiasm for the charade carrying on. Yet still I post on here :unsure: ??

Yeah, just when I think I have got the fucking club out of my system up pop the Longstaffs and I can't help caring again. Bastard.

I cannot imagine not enjoying a win or not reacting negatively to a defeat.
Even if feelings of apathy began invading my thoughts I would fight them with everything I have because the alternative is an Ashley victory.

I cannot imagine not enjoying a win or not reacting negatively to a defeat.
Even if feelings of apathy began invading my thoughts I would fight them with everything I have because the alternative is an Ashley victory.
I’m the same Pie, thought I had desensitised myself to all things NUFC as it is now.

There have been some strange thoughts going on in this household today over the contrasts.

We can look back over time and the sales of Waddle, Bearsley and Gazza.

A further contrast is that of Carroll celebrating with Matty in front of the Gallowgate.

Despite the antics of the fat bastard, underneath all of the issues, there is just a slight feeling that the pride in the city might once again one day mean the spirit of Newcastle United surpasses the current antiChrist.

Maybe going slightly off topic but whilst trawling the net watching the Manure fan meltdown podcasts, I came over this. A roadshow with Roy Keane and Gary Neville. It's nowt to do with us but I thought Roy Keane was excellent viewing. I dont think the links are in order but its great viewing nonetheless.

Last edited:
Not real fans if you are feeling apathy. When's the next protesting statement or letter to Ashley due out?