NUFC v Man Utd | Page 2 | Vital Football

NUFC v Man Utd

Well from what was shown, Darlow had a decent game. Saved a penalty and a one on one save. De Gea made a couple of decent saved for Man U but the difference in class was so apparent it was embarrassing. Scored 4, had one chalked off for offside and a penalty saved. It could so easy have been 6 or 7. If there are 3 worse teams than us at defending I will be amazed.

Well from what was shown, Darlow had a decent game. Saved a penalty and a one on one save. De Gea made a couple of decent saved for Man U but the difference in class was so apparent it was embarrassing. Scored 4, had one chalked off for offside and a penalty saved. It could so easy have been 6 or 7. If there are 3 worse teams than us at defending I will be amazed.

different class? They had the equivalent of their 7th string team out.

Says it all when we've lost interest. broocey is holding on to his job by the fact that he cant be booed in the flesh by the mongs.

That said, as countless people have brought up, the manager's job under Ashley is the least important one here but until the ownership changes I guess it's a case of baa baaa baaa from the sheep.

I wonder if cabbage heed even thinks about what players he's putting out. Doesn't seem to stop him even if they're injured. Entirely predictable both in the shambles they were on the pitch and the result. What's the definition of insanity again?

So we are playing a side who got thrashed the other week and Bruce sets us up to rely on the odd breakaway because he says we cannot play any other way with the current squad. Add a shambolic defence and a spare part in joelinton, who adds nothing, cant score, cant create, and what do you expect. Could have been 7 or 8 but for Darlow. Bruce is running out of time with a squad who like him because they have an easy time and are rewarded for failure with extended contracts.
Expect exit from the cup and a slde down the table until the new year panic buying to attempt to keep us up.

Another entirely predictable result and dire performance. In true Newcastle style they are always there for when a particular player/team are struggling for form and confidence. Even Bruce couldn't fluke his way into 2nd.

Watched MOD.Man U given too much respect it was only a matter of time until they scored and so they did x3 in the space of about 8 mins.All good finishes but allowed the freedom of SJP. It could and probably should have been 6/7 woeful performance.

All 3 pundits saying how their mate Broocey sets up his team so well and they're so hard to beat. How'd that work out fellas

Manchester United under Ole can only play well using pace on the counter, we had no answer for that despite being a goal up thanks to Shaw and Manchester United's only real guile came from Mata. Bruce is a defensive manager who doesn't know how to set up his team to defend. At times last night it appeared that both Joelinton and Hendrick were playing on the right of midfield and still were getting overran.

Alex from TrueFaith/Nust sums it up perfectly.

Playing against the Mancs since signing a new, extended contract (£70k per week, making him the highest earner at SJP) Saint-Maximin might reflect on the salaries of the opposition he was playing against. De Gea on 5 times ASM's salary. Pogba (sub) on 290k per week, Rashford on 280k a week and others on more than 100k apart from the odd exception. Is it 12 years or more since we had a player on 100k a week? The constraints Ashley puts on salaries deters any decent player coming for any length of time. Of the ones that do 'stepping stone' springs to mind. The top table is a million miles away at the moment and Masters isn't doing us any favours.

Last edited:
I seem to have entirely different expectations to most of you

Why is it we want shot of Ashley again ???
I think most people's expectations on here are fairly clear,not sure what your point is.
Are you saying it's not worth commenting on a given game or the shambles we're in or that you're the enlightened one?

I think most people's expectations on here are fairly clear,not sure what your point is.
Are you saying it's not worth commenting on a given game or the shambles we're in or that you're the enlightened one?

Who the fuck rattled your cage?

I was clearly pointing out the irony of a set of posters who want Ashley out, largely because we are a club that officially does not compete under his watch - for the same posters to then bemoan the fact that we didn't compete against a squad built with massive investment just seems a little bit fucking odd to me

So no, not enlightened or trying to moderate the forum in anyway - just giving my opinion on the futility of blaming any other fucker apart from Ashley

Last edited:
Who the fuck rattled your cage?

I was clearly pointing out the irony of a set of posters who want Ashley out, largely because we are a club that officially does not compete under his watch - for the same posters to then bemoan the fact that we didn't compete against a squad built with massive investment just seems a little bit fucking odd to me

So no, not enlightened or trying to moderate the forum in anyway - just giving my opinion on the futility of blaming any other fucker apart from Ashley

1. It's a football forum not a political one
2. 99% of people know "whose fault" it is
3. You're just giving your opinion,well so is everyone else.
4. The forum is almost dead - do you want people to stop posting completely?

did you actually read the post you quoted?

The forum is dead because the football club is dead - the dead football club has fuck all to do with Joelinton, Lascelles or Bruce

Me saying I seem to have different expectations to everyone else and then asking a question is hardly wanting others to stop posting is it?

My expectations when we play the 'top 6' are that we will get embarrassed more often than not - when that actually happens it seems to surprise a few on here - If 99% know whose fault it is why is that?

Last edited:
Based on real life and true stories 😂😂😂
Fuck that made me laugh. I wouldn't take the moral high horse if I was you mcreery because you were one of the last on the bandwagon. Those people you are referring to, well that was you not so long back. You'd remember that if you didn't have such a short memory

I've got no regrets Raza lad

You're referring to the season we finished fifth and qualified for Europe

Your comparison makes no sense at all - I'm referring to posters who fully understand we cant compete with other clubs because of the restrictions Ashley has put on us - those same posters then blame every fucker else on a match day rather than the one person who actually is responsible

I understand the situation as well as anyone - which is the exact reason I don't look for scapegoats when we get beaten by a team with Man Uniteds credentials