NUFC v Man City | Page 3 | Vital Football

NUFC v Man City

Decent enough game but if both sides had better attackers on the pitch then this could have finished about 15 - 4 to them. That's two games in a row where Ive struggled to remember Gayle touching the ball once.

WTF is going on? SD Utd have strikers that can't hit a cows arse with a banjo, a manager who has the tactical ability of a brick and haven't had over 38% perssesion in a game all season. Yet somehow aren't being humped week in week out.

WTF is going on? SD Utd have strikers that can't hit a cows arse with a banjo, a manager who has the tactical ability of a brick and haven't had over 38% perssesion in a game all season. Yet somehow aren't being humped week in week out.
Me also T in K. How the hell can we have such a low percentage possession, suggesting we are defending and yet again it's defenders or midfield scoring the goals. And to think this is the same defence and midfield apart from Willems that we had last season yet I heard Bruce say earlier in the week 'this is a completely different team to last season'.

On a separate note, my horse selections at Newbury were pretty poor also. No winners there also

Beware the Bear ew at 50’s, Cashel Man at 8-1 and Chesterfield in a double with the first, 2 ton up, sorry Mc, suffice to say I’m in the ale house, oh and our game over 2.5 goals, I’d best pack it in now.

Me also T in K. How the hell can we have such a low percentage possession, suggesting we are defending and yet again it's defenders or midfield scoring the goals. And to think this is the same defence and midfield apart from Willems that we had last season yet I heard Bruce say earlier in the week 'this is a completely different team to last season'.

Plainly and simply because the object of the game has always been to outscore the opposition but the 'invention' of tactics in the past few years has complicated things.

Now who was it said that football was a great game ruined by tactics? Im sure it was Cloughie or Shankley.

Mrs Doubtfire's black & white army...You couldn't make it up.
Meanwhile fatty & johnson get away with murder,hope they both get their comeuppance

Last edited:
Hopefuly Almiron will calm down now he has an assist!
Aye,he celebrated that assist like he had scored for Paraguay seconds before the final whistle in a world cup final.

It's Saint-Maximin that needs to calm down though.

Attempting showboating tricks in his own box,injuring himself in his own spectacular dive and my personal favourite, that header attempt where he looked like flipper launched from a cannon !

Great entertainment though but the lad is going to get his leg broken by a pissed off defender.
Carl Walker was in his ear big time yesterday after he tried to make a mug of him with one of his many tricks.

For me JoeLinton has given up, doesn't even look like he is trying now. Definitely the worst centre forward in my 45 years supporting the club. He makes Joselu look like a player. St Maximum is just a circus act.

Did you see Bobby Shinton play Crooktownmags? I do agree that JOelington looks gash but to be fair we are averaging 30% posession and he is playing up front on his own.

Shinton was poor mate, but I just looked it up and he scored 10 goals in 42appearances. Can't see JoeLinton matching that. But yeah to be fair he isn't getting much support.