NUFC v Liverpool | Vital Football

NUFC v Liverpool

Toon_NoMatterWot

Alert Team
Talk has obviously turned to this game now and it's one that Liverpool fear with a passion. I hope we give them a game and get something out of it.

I doubt we'll be unchanged as Shelvey, Wood and Schar should come back in but I wonder if it's too early for the likes of Trippier to be pencilled in for a place on the bench?

I think we might get a point but not realistically expecting any points. Hope we give it a go but by doing that don’t end up with a stuffing. The same applies next week v Man.City.

I might be doing him a disservice but I'm not sure it's in Howe's nature to set a team up to negate the opposition; it was certainly an issue in his time at Bournemouth. If we play the press we've played for the vast majority of our recent games I think Mane/Diaz/Jota can get in behind Krafth and much like the Spurs game instead of Kane, the central striker will come deep and either play out to runners (especially if it's Firminho) or in Salah's case turn Dan Burn and outpace him.

As for Liverpool's weaknesses there's always space in behind Alexander Arnold and that could be the moment for ASM to put on a real showing. Also interested to see Guimares with his reading of the game play off Fabinho, I think it's somewhere we can really have some joy but it'll require good support from Shelvey (who'll have to be at his most mobile) and Joelinton.

Liverpool’s strength is how high they press.

But that does leave a possibility for a ball over the top from Bruno or Shelvey for pacy players like ASM/Willock/Murphy to run on to.

Of course, that potential only exists if we can get a foot on the ball like.

Is Fraser going to be fit does anyone know?

I have felt pretty confident since Saturday that we will get something from the game, I just feel all the games they are playing has to catch up with them. A score .draw for me

I'd go toe to toe with em,press like fuck!
Let the midfield battle it out,they're far stronger than us defensively.
Set piece winner!

Realistically and annoyingly Liverpool are far stronger and I don't think we'll get anything.

What I'd like to happen is VVD pulls his hamstring in the 1st minute and has to go off, they then for whatever reason play Jordan Henderson in at CB. LiVARpool have 96 shots at goal but fail to convert any of them. It's deep into injury time and miraculously Newcastle are hanging on for a point, the ball is hoofed clear in 95th minute injury time, ASM chases it but Henderson will get there before him all day, he slips, allowing ASM to race clear and unselfishly squares it across to Bruno who puts it in the net on 96 mins. Klopp is seen slumped over obviously realising that Liverpool's title hopes have gone up in smoke as Man City are likely to beat Leeds later on in the day. Meanwhile Burnley end up beating Watford and Everton lose to Chelsea putting a few more nails in the scouse mackems coffin.

In League One the actual mackems suffer a shock defeat and end up missing out on the play offs.