NUFC v Leicester | Page 3 | Vital Football

NUFC v Leicester

You would have thought we had won the league or one of the cups with the fans response at full time,what an incredible reaction from the crowd,where else would you see such a response from any other set of supporters.Best fans in the world of football...Make no mistake about it.

We have the chance to underline our position in this league next season for certain by beating Crystal Palace tomorrow night although Eddie Howe will want us to achieve more in the remaining fixtures.

Not only has Howe virtually done the impossible by breaking the premier league record of a team not winning any of their first 14 games and being relegated but he could do so with us finishing as high as 9th.

Survival alone, after the stinking mess that Ashley and Brooce left, is one thing and one that shouldn't be underestimated because we were the worst team ive ever seen in this division but for the massive change of everything associated with the club, Howe is manager of the season by a long shot. Regardless as to whether it's recognised by the league itself in the way of an award.

Last edited:
Way too early to call that. Hasn't worked under Ashley restrictions and hasn't qualified for Europe under them. Or got to a QF.

It's my opinion m8 . What Howe's done this season reminds me very much of what Bobby did when he came in when Gullit had made a balls of it . Only thing is we were in a much worse position when Howe took over than when Bobby took over, (from memory Bobby took over in September and Eddie was November) Eddie also didn't have the then England centre forward, Gary Speed, Robert Lee, or Solano. The fact he's kept us up is brilliant management .

It's difficult to compare managers in our situation. Howe has been fortunate to come in at the start of a complete club transformation with a complete u turn in terms of becoming a competitive club.

There was no immediate new manager bounce with him and he needed new players in before any real improvements were seen

I've never seen or heard anything official regarding player incentives but I reckon there will be significant bonuses available now under the new regime - we all know the story under Ashley

I'm not saying any of the above to dismiss what Howe has done - I really like him and he seems like a very good fit but the difference in the club now compared to under Ashley is like night and day

Would we be where we are now if Howe had replaced Bruce under Ashley? - nope, not a chance without Wood, Trippier, Burn, Target and Bruno

Last edited:
It's my opinion m8 . What Howe's done this season reminds me very much of what Bobby did when he came in when Gullit had made a balls of it . Only thing is we were in a much worse position when Howe took over than when Bobby took over, (from memory Bobby took over in September and Eddie was November) Eddie also didn't have the then England centre forward, Gary Speed, Robert Lee, or Solano. The fact he's kept us up is brilliant management .

Wasn't referring to anything SBR achieved, which was all brilliant.

You would have thought we had won the league or one of the cups with the fans response at full time,what an incredible reaction from the crowd,where else would you see such a response from any other set of supporters.Best fans in the world of football...Make no mistake about it.

To be actually honest, it was pretty much like a library for the most part. Came to life at the end for obvious reasons.

Had a Leicester mate who txt me at half time, "long way to drive to a morgue".

Couldn't argue.

The games in the evening seem to get a great response from the crowd. It sounded fairly subdued against Leicester maybe everyone was recovering from the extra day off! Great at the end but so it would be with such a dramatic finish. Most grounds are the same these days away fans will often make more noise as they all sit together hence sing and shout together.