NUFC v Huddersfield | Vital Football

NUFC v Huddersfield

Toon_NoMatterWot

Alert Team
Ritchie fit, so is Slimani and both make the squad. Joselu is out for a week with a twisted ankle. Otherwise we've a full squad to pick from.

A win here will give breathing space and only leave us needing one more win, two at most to survive out of the remaining seven games. Lose and it's going to the wire.

Not half as confident as I was before Southampton, we seem to struggle againt these lot, physically they've bullied us of late, although Diame now getting stuck in should help. I can see a draw which will help no one, agreed a win and we're all but safe.

It's time to stand up and be counted. It's Huddersfield ffs which shouldn't hold any fears especially as we are at home. If we don't beat this lot and West Brom we don't deserve to keep our PL status

Did enough. Rafa got the tactics right. Ayoze tried to take on too much but just isn't strong enough at this level.

If only Rafa had been allowed to buy in a striker of Slimani's quality at the start of the season. OK, he wasn't on for long but his line of running were a class above our other strikers.

One more win should see us safe. Roll on a takeover.

Two must wins games against Southampton and Huddersfield and we've done it. We should be looking up rather than down now.

Now for getting rid of the odious, fat, cockney bastard. COYM

Great win, I think we might well have enough points to stay up now to be honest. Good chance now of a mid table position. I suppose some would say we should be grateful for that.

crooktownmags - 31/3/2018 18:15

Great win, I think we might well have enough points to stay up now to be honest. Good chance now of a mid table position. I suppose some would say we should be grateful for that.

Could well be right.Southampton need 3 more wins than us as it stands.Have you seen their fixtures.I cant see them getting many more points.Stoke run in not much better and the least said about West Brom the better.

I'll do a full write up later but if any day was evidence of Ashley's failings in allowing a proper investment on the football side then today was it.

Slimani has done nowt for us and most likely wont be bought by us either but his movement and presence around the ball shows the difference between the strikers we do have and the ones that we need to compete at this level.

Gayle missed 3 glorious efforts and 2 half chances to put a proper spin on the story of the game as we were leagues apart really. My man of the match in a defence which isn't typical of the Newcastle sides ive seen over the years was Paul Dummett. Didn't put a foot wrong and made some excellent tackles to boot.

Totally agree re Dummett. For me if he hadn't got injured we would never have been close to relegation. As I recall when we had our really bad spell both Dummett and Lascelles were out. Meaning the defence was poor. Of course this just shows the thin nature of the squad Ashley allowed us to "compete" with. Jammy greedy bastard is gonna get another season of coining it in the prem, and when the offers come in for Lascelles and Dummet......well lets wait and see if the leopard has changed it's spots.

I'd like to think that PL safety will finally rid us of the fat parasite. Lets hope he gets dementia and he forgets how rich he is. That would be karma.

Massive three points yesterday and Dummet has improved massively. Fat mike will be rubbing his chubby hands that we are almost safe.

Dummet is so deceptive, he looks ponderous at times but never seems to get beaten for pace when it matters. Haven't seen a wide man take him apart this season.