NUFC v Burnley | Vital Football

NUFC v Burnley

Golf waterlogged yet again so an afternoon finding a different kind of stream.

Dubravka, Manquillo, Fernandes, Lascelles, Rose, Hayden, Shelvey, Ritchie, Almiron, Gayle, Joelinton.

Bench: Darlow, Schar, Saint-Maximin, Lejeune, Yedlin, Longstaff, Bentaleb

Looks like a 4-4-2, just as Bruce has managed to get some consistent form going.

Interesting to see the Saint on the bench.

I reckon Joelington must have photos or something why that fella still gets a start is beyond me

Bentaleb on the bench and replaced by a player who does even less running.

Disagree with your thinking on this one PM

We can't break teams down even with runners on the team - we need an unlocker in the side somewhere

Last edited:
Shelvey is our leading scorer and most creative player so I can understand why Bruce is playing him.

I've got to give him credit for changing things because this is on him and he can't blame Rafa
Best of luck to him because im my eyes there's only one thing worse than Mike Ashley, it's Newcastle losing a football game.

Disagree with your thinking on this one PM

We can't break teams down even with runners on the team - we need an unlocked in the side somewhere
I'll be more than happy to be wrong on this one mac .

At the moment my faith lies with Villa Watford and Norwich rather than our own players.

Especially when I see the formation we are going with today.

Shelvey is our leading scorer and most creative player so I can understand why Bruce is playing him.

I've got to give him credit for changing things because this is on him and he can't blame Rafa
im my eyes there's only one thing worse than Mike Ashley, it's Newcastle losing a football game.
:clap:

I'll be more than happy to be wrong on this one mac .

At the moment my faith lies with Villa Watford and Norwich rather than our own players.

Especially when I see the formation we are going with today.

It'll be interesting to see how it pans out

Our wingbacks have been shite both in defence and going forward so something had to give.

Shelvey to set Joelinton up for a scissor kick winner...

Joelinton should have had a partner from day one as he isn't an out and out striker never mind a lone one. To protect the investment there'll surely be some sort of clause in although potentially today's pairing with Almiron and Gayle should see him get more joy.

See how he performs getting more service but ive a feeling that Burnley will play counter attacking today and stifle the 'new' tactics.

Golf waterlogged yet again so an afternoon finding a different kind of stream.

Dubravka, Manquillo, Fernandes, Lascelles, Rose, Hayden, Shelvey, Ritchie, Almiron, Gayle, Joelinton.

Bench: Darlow, Schar, Saint-Maximin, Lejeune, Yedlin, Longstaff, Bentaleb

Looks like a 4-4-2, just as Bruce has managed to get some consistent form going.

Interesting to see the Saint on the bench.

Just saw you post a thread at the same time Rex and just merged the two.... :bag:

It'll be interesting to see how it pans out

Our wingbacks have been shite both in defence and going forward so something had to give.

Shelvey to set Joelinton up for a scissor kick winner...
Ha ha maybe even an overhead one ....

I'm curious to why Bruce has changed the formation as he had previously stated that the players had lost the ability to get up and down the pitch which is necessary when attacking is the preferred tactic :grinning:.

Does he now feel more confident in regards to their fitness or is he just changing it for the sake of change ?

Questions soon to be answered I guess.

I would imagine Lascelles has had a say

We have been weak as piss on the flanks, leaving the central 3 over ran on many occasions