NUFC v Brighton | Page 3 | Vital Football

NUFC v Brighton

what I want to know is WHY these fucking gash managers keep doing the rounds. Everyone knows they are shite yet stupid owners keep employing them, knowing they are going to sack them in a short space of time, and have to pay out millions in compo.
What gets me is tat Ashley has put some cash behind Pardew, McLaren and Bruce yet failed to really back Keegan, Hughton and Rafa.

what I want to know is WHY these fucking gash managers keep doing the rounds. Everyone knows they are shite yet stupid owners keep employing them, knowing they are going to sack them in a short space of time, and have to pay out millions in compo.
One of life's mysteries Billy, for supporters anyway. Normally Ashley employs someone who didn't cost anything in the way of compo to another club. Strange how, if a player doesn't come up to expectations then he is either dropped or transferred. The thought of sacking doesn't come into it.

I love Steve Broose. He’s everything those wankers in the ground deserve. Long may it continue.

The way they creamed and fawned over Carroll was cringeworthy too. Like a bob of fucking seals.

Almiron is another gift that keeps on giving, if Lascelles wasn’t enough. He’s like a really shit Ketsbaia. What a world beater he was.

Almiron is really poor. Lets not forget he was Rafa's top choice. Worth noting that Joselu had more goals than JoeLinton at the same stage last year. Great to see the club spunking Ashleys cash on shite footballers. As for the empty seats, I am more concerned by the full ones. Scabs.

Come on fellas, don't you know that SDU have more points on board than last season after six games! Obviously that means that Steve Broooce is a far better manager than Rafa Benitez. Not only has he more points but has managed to waste £40m of Ashliar's money on an absolute Donkey centre forward.

I think it's great that these big money signings are turning out to be horseshit, fat Mike will be lucky to break even than make a profit. Do they actually scout these players? Joelinton = 7 goals in the Bundesliga. Almiron = played in the MLS which is a worse league than the SPL but has more money.

Bruce will have more points on the board after 10 games compared to Rafa last season. And to think when Rafa wanted Tammy Abraham, Penfold dragged it out (we don't sign anyone in June, we only sell) and Abraham went to Swansea on loan. Micky Quinn was a world beater compared to Joelinton. (Thanks Bruce)

Last edited:
Well I couldn't be happier the way things are.SDU(not Newcastle United) and its little band of modern day supporter that cant spend time with brothers/sisters/sons/daughters etc unless its watching SDU will have a terrible Xmas as that's when SDU will be as good as relegated.
Saturdays performance and empty seats was a sight to behold.A couple of relegations I will take as not only will it get rid of Ashley if he cant trouser TV money,but it will also get rid of the sheep as they will be the same as Ashley.Lower League football wont be for them.
I wish it was May already.All the nails in the coffin will be hammered in by then.

The oaf & mrs doubtfire are doing a wonderful job,could be one man & his dog left in the Gallowgate in a couple of seasons time,maybe even a riot..

Almiron is really poor. Lets not forget he was Rafa's top choice. Worth noting that Joselu had more goals than JoeLinton at the same stage last year. Great to see the club spunking Ashleys cash on shite footballers. As for the empty seats, I am more concerned by the full ones. Scabs.
The more I think about Almiron, the more I want to come to his defence.

If he was Rafa's choice, it makes sense. He gave an outlet in the counter attack and what Rafa called "transition". Last season when he played, NUFC form was top 6, when he didn't it well down into bottom 6. He provided balance in a squad under an organised manager. From what I have seen, he has worked this season but not been in a recognisable role in the formations used by Bruce.

His two strengths were using pace to run onto long balls and carrying the ball through a gap.

However, and linked to Almiron's partners in the front 3. It is easy to see why Rafa wanted to sign Rondon permanently, particularly with the extra little space Almiron created for him. Joelinton does not have the same balance in his skill set.

Elsewhere, it is noticeable that the physio room stats are up there with other British mangers; Souness, McLaren, Kinnear, Pardew. A coincidence?