NUFC v Brentford Match Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

NUFC v Brentford Match Thread

Disagree with Lascelles needing to be dropped just yet

Goal scorer and an unlucky deflection

Yet again Clark takes his fair share of blame in that goal - turned his back on it and flicks out a heel line you see in fat lads five a side

Just watched the highlights and it was Schar who turned his back not Clark - my mistake

Darlow was poor, Murphy and Ritchie cannot defend. Joelinton looked decent and ASM always a threat.

Maybe we should all remember it was only a few months ago that fatty wouldn't sign Choudury on loan & resign ourselves to maybe going down & then if we stay up it's a bonus! ashley & his collaborators are fkn history, still keep away from his shops!
I still think we'll stay up,just.

Im hoping it"s significant that we have only lost 6 of the 12 games

Villa and Watford in 15th and 16th respectively have lost 7

Everton and Leicester in 11th and 12th have only lost one game less than us

We have a creaky defence but between Woodman & Darlow this season we have had match losing performances - at least we have someone on the bench now who can help rectify part of the problem

With reinforcements I see no reason why we can't stop the rot and climb out of this mess

All good, if all the problems were only at one end of the pitch. They're not.

We're bottom of the league for a reason, concede too many and don't score enough, but you know that.

Not disagreeing with anything you've said, but a different spin is our goal difference is the second worst in the league, that is a truer reflection on reality, and we are bottom for a reason.

Defence, midfield and attack need to up their game and quick, or else we know what's coming. I took heart from Saturday, probably stupidly, but hey, wouldn't be the first time.

We've played for the last few seasons on the back foot inviting pressure on

That's changed now - stop some of the stupid goals weve conceded and we are more than capable of winning games

That could also invite us conceding six at the weekend and a team shot of all confidence again.

Time will tell......

All I meant was, it'll be interesting to see how Howe sets up this weekend. We're not playing a top, top team but a toppish team who have their own issues.

We all know how we would have set up under the previous two managers, let's see if Howe is quite as gung-ho away at Arsenal as he was at home against a recently promoted side who had lost their last four.

Could be very pretty, could equally be messy.

We never do well at Arsenal so not expecting too much we will just have to hope we improve especially defensively.

Well recently I mean. I do remember that game it was brilliant. More of the same come Saturday please. Wasn’t that when Bobby Robson told Wenger that he needed to accept defeat more gracefully!