NUFC v Bournemouth | Page 4 | Vital Football

NUFC v Bournemouth

See you's next home game,get those steaks ordered it's Man City so less chance of choking on them.

Not be long before saint Rafa gets the sack down there the way things are going. No doubt he will have dozens of world class clubs chasing his signature. Rondon sharp stopped scoring too once the novelty wore off.

Smashing - even though Broocie is doing a better job than Rafa at the minute it will please some more than others. Ashley must have a reet hard on!

I think it just highlights how futile it is getting behind any of Ashley's managers - the support for Benitez while serving up some of the worst horseshit I've ever seen at St James' was disturbing to be frank

Changing the subject, interesting to see that a gap has now developed at the bottom. It makes you wonder about any investment in the Jan window, when you think 2 wins in the next 7 games would make relegation seem a remote possibility.

Based on the last 5 games, the club are also 6th in the form table.

Just for what it is worth, on current win rates, Bruce is just above Dinnis, just behind Charlton and McGarry. If he wins 1 of the next 2, he would be right up there with Allardyce.

33% possession today. Have we had a Premiership game with over 40% possession yet? Every season for years in the Premiership , no matter who the manager is, it's been a struggle and when 40 points is the be all and end all of achievement, competing in cups a no no, you have to wonder if it's worth it. After seeing the Mackems keeper having to retrieve the ball from an empty stand during the game we still have some way to go before the fat one departs

For the first time didn't even listen in,kicked a ball with the bairns on a hill.
It's all meaningless whilst fatty calls the shots.

Cant believe we only had 30 odd percent possession when the link I watched made a big thing over us having 80 odd percent possession for a 10 minute spell in the 2nd half.

and I also predicted this spot on. Wonder how long it will be till the talk of a Broocie extension is news? Surely if things continue it'll merge with the next transfer window.

For the first time didn't even listen in,kicked a ball with the bairns on a hill.
It's all meaningless whilst fatty calls the shots.
It's an interesting situation Ry.
The only poster/poster's I can recall from this forum who adopted this stance from a relatively early time in Ashley's reign have been Bruce and possibly markylad although i'm not 100% sure about the latter.

The rest of us have kept on following/watching.

I sympathise with fans that have had enough,but equally question those who have specifically chosen this season.

My reasons may be illogical as I have a lot less time for football in general but cannot imagine any circumstance that would diminish my desire to watch a team representing Newcastle United.

Eight thousand have stopped attending since Benitez followed the money to China,while numerous more claim to have lost interest.

Anyone honest enough to admit that the Spanish genius was the catalyst for their current stance should stand in front of a mirror and focus on the massive dunce cap perched on their bonces whilst praying to the spirits of Jimmy Lawrence,Bobby Cowell,Gary Speed,Bobby Robson Jackie Milburn etc for forgiveness.

At least we have moved away from relegation, if only for the time being.
Takes a while for new strikers to gel and they have been unlucky in certain respects, Almiron hitting Saint Maxim on the ground when he went for goal as an example. They have also missued clear cut chances but it will come.
While we wait for Ashley to go, take what we can get