NUFC v Bournemouth | Vital Football

NUFC v Bournemouth

Toon_NoMatterWot

Alert Team
News ahead of the game.

Dummett is back in training but not in actual team games, so is a couple of weeks away.

Mikel Merino also misses out as his back injury is expected to keep him out for best part of a month.

Merino is a big miss he has a touch of class about him hopefully Sl Mo Diame will not be in tye starting 11 and i woukd bring Mitro back as well.

Probably the kiss of death but in the last 58 home games that Rafa has managed on a Saturday, this is his record.

For us it's 5 games and 5 wins but including other clubs it reads:

47 wins, 10 draws and 1 loss.

The closet Mackem on Look North, Dawn Thewlis mentioned that Defoe could be the first Premiership player to score 4 times against Newcastle playing for 4 different Premiership teams if he scores tomorrow. Who would bet against it? she added.

Today's starting side will probably be one of the only times we can get close to guessing as Rafa usually springs a surprise.

I just cant see him bow to the odd twitter rant and start Mitrovic or can I see him do likewise with Diame with Hayden now fully fit.

The only surprise for me would be if he put Saivet in the Tiote role but then again ive mentioned it so it wouldn't be. Also with Ritchie and Atsu both former Bournemouth players, the incentive is there for them to try a little extra.

My predicted starting XI

Elliot

Yedlin, Lascelles, Lejeune, Manquillo

Ritchie, Hayden, Shelvey, Atsu

Perez

Joselu

He's tweaked things up top - as I guessed he would. The Perez / Joselu thing just isn't working.

Gayle joins Joselu in attack.

Ritchie has had 2 cracking shots so far, Gayle unlucky to be given offside for his goal ( a tap in off ritchies long range shot hitting the post)

Same old problems, just not clinical upfront, linesman on the far side is clueless. Atmosphere flat as well, needs some bite to it this game.

Yep, need someone with a bit of something, you just know he won’t risk him unless there’s 10 to go and we’re looking like we’re getting nothing.

Started well but they have now got a foot in the game,be decided by 1 goal this,gone are the days when we could dry hump a team.

Joselu has had his chance, IMO, and not taken it. Ball getting stuck between his feet in a good attacking move sums him up.

Mitrovic will have more reason to shine. I'm sure he'll come on, if it's level after about 70 minutes.

Well what a steaming pile of shite, make some early changes hey Rafa, let’s not leave it too late again like Monday.