NUFC 'Takeover' Thread | Vital Football

NUFC 'Takeover' Thread

keggy_keagal

Vital Football Hero
Following a series of rumours this summer of Chinese interest in purchasing Newcastle United (rumours that were reported on Sky) .There seems to have been another round of reports this morning of the club supposedly being up for sale .

The Times have reported the following :

‘Mike Ashley has dropped the asking price for Newcastle United to £380 million in an attempt to complete a sale.

Newcastle have effectively been on the market for several years without finding a buyer, but there were fresh negotiations with Chinese investors last summer and Ashley said that he valued the club at £400 million.

In talks that have led to several potential buyers signing non-disclosure agreements in recent weeks however, Ashley has indicated that he would sell for £380 million, as well as emphasising that Newcastle possess a world-class manager in Rafael Benítez.

Ashley is determined to get more than double the £180 million he paid for Newcastle ten years ago, although brokers believe that he is being optimistic.’

In recent years there's been links to Singaporean firm The Profitable Group, Robert Kraft and an unnamed Dubai family were reported in The Chronicle to have made a formal offer that was rebuffed once official negotiations started as Ashley was rumoured to have changed his mind at the last minute.

Of course if interested parties have signed non disclosure agreements as The Times suggests you have to ask how did The Times find out about it ? A leak from the club ? Is this a planted story in an attempt to smoke out interest ?

Whatever the truth of the matter there has been a distinct change from Mike Ashley in recent months, he's certainly placed himself more in the public eye than in previous years and in June it was confirmed that he had sold his stake in Rangers to the Club1872 group and Julian Wolhardt.

Ashley and his warehouse stores did very well out of Rangers. Rangers got just 7p out of every pound spent on Rangers kits/memorabilia under their previous kit deal, a deal believed to be replicated with Newcastle United. For Ashley to withdraw from Rangers and then agree to rip up the seven year kit deal that was in place is puzzling. Of the few certainties we know about Ashley two are that he values money above all else and that's he's a stubborn gambler. Could his exit from Rangers have indicated a longer term plan that signals his intent to withdraw from football ? As ever nothing is certain when it comes to being a Newcastle United supporter.

Ive said my bit on this in other threads in that I dont think Ashley has any intention to sell. The reasoning why is long but in a nutshell we are worth more to him than meets the eye.

Personally speaking though, if a sale did come about, id love someone like The Alibaba Group to buy us.

Based in The Far East, the owner Jack Ma, went to Newcastle University and has a soft spot for the city and the club. He's worth around £30 billion and his group has seen their turnover in this last year to be worth over £20 billion a year.

As Toony has said - I've said my bit on it too, in other threads.

In short, I think he's fed up of the hassle owning the club brings him. When you're a multi-billionaire, why do ANYTHING that doesn't make you happy.

True, the club makes him money; but so do many other things that don't give you such hassle.

As soon as a worthwhile bid comes in, I think he'll take it.

That also comes with a warning - 'out of the frying-pan into the fire' was a warning I've given before about a change of owner; it also has the potential to do the same. (Albeit far less likely this time).

A big negative if Fatty does sell up, is expect to pay much more for going to the games in future. You can bitch about one or the other (and fuck me, people do bitch on here) - but not both.

Wake up you idiot.
Tubbies been here nearly a decade,we're treading water cos of his fkn incompetence.

Be nice if someone with a bit of ambition bought the club. Personally I'm not that fussed if they're a mega billionaire and prepared to spend a small fortune. Just someone with a bit of dignity who's prepared to have a honest go at it.
The fat toad will probably sell us cheap to someone like Venkys as one last spiteful act.

As with everyone else I would love to see someone throw some money in with soul intention of winning something and bringing pride back to the club and city

I still think there is potential from Qatar; I think China money is dangerous due to government interference

Knowing fatty he will probably sell us to Kim Jong~Un

Toon_NoMatterWot - 23/9/2017 23:55

Ive said my bit on this in other threads in that I dont think Ashley has any intention to sell. The reasoning why is long but in a nutshell we are worth more to him than meets the eye.

Personally speaking though, if a sale did come about, id love someone like The Alibaba Group to buy us.

Based in The Far East, the owner Jack Ma, went to Newcastle University and has a soft spot for the city and the club. He's worth around £30 billion and his group has seen their turnover in this last year to be worth over £20 billion a year.

You sure it wasn't Newcastle Australia Toony.I can see anything saying he went to Newcastle University.

billybobcat - 24/9/2017 09:12

Toon_NoMatterWot - 23/9/2017 23:55

You sure it wasn't Newcastle Australia Toony.I can see anything saying he went to Newcastle University.

To be honest you may be right as ive just had it in my head for years that it was our Newcastle.

Im almost too frightened to check now as who'll look the dafty after tweeting the alibaba group now and then to 'remind' them that NUFC need a buyer. :68:

Potential buyers in Qatar is a good shout. As mentioned before world cup coming up higher profile etc. They all love the PL in that area. My only concern is if it were to be invested from their government / royal family a la Citeh, it may dry up , as at the moment times are getting hard forcthe qataris with other middle East countries (GCC) imposing sanctions on them.

Rytoon is added to ‘helmet thus ignore’ list. I have been patient.

If you want a Qatar based company (or state) owning the club, you need your head examined.

The most hateful nation on Earth.*

*Unless you’ve been there, you have exactly ZERO argument. Full stop.

Told you all along it is a Qatar possible purchaser, as noted with a link towards world cup.

After the WC goes, where that leaves the club is open to conjecture.....

Anyone been to Qatar?

Or at least, any links to them?

Fuck me. If that's the case, keep fatty. The far lesser of the two evils - unless 'money' is the only substance you care for.

I sincerely hope not.

CuckFan - 24/9/2017 14:46

Rytoon is added to ‘helmet thus ignore’ list. I have been patient.

If you want a Qatar based company (or state) owning the club, you need your head examined.

The most hateful nation on Earth.*

*Unless you’ve been there, you have exactly ZERO argument. Full stop.
I was starting to feel a bit left out & hoping you'd ignore me a lot earlier.

So in future I won't have to endure your misogynistic,homophobic,racist,banal,narcisstic fucking drivel to any of my posts because you can't see them.
Brilliant!

Must have missed putting you on - will do it now.

'misogynistic,homophobic,racist,banal,narcisstic fucking drivel' - fuck me - we are listening to 'Mr 100% PC 'new man''.

Thanks. I'll stay in the old world, not this 'new fangled can't say anything in case you offend anyone' which is full of fannies, like you. Who talk shit, and blame all others for the offence YOU decide to feign.

Drivel? More often than not, I'm correct.......and you respond to it.......

"Thanks.I'll stay in the old world"
Aye,you're a dinosaur.
Your thread "Delicate today" was nicely summed up with the last post by P.K.
But you can't see what he put because he's on ignore,warra fkn shame.

*cups ear to monitor - nope, can't hear anything.

**knows he does though, as he goes looking for it. Does little else being the 'new PC man' but go looking for offence that just isn't there.

Umm sounds like something is up - would explain the actual lack of spending - keep a short much money as possible makes the books look better also - would be great to see someone come in stay low profile and let Rafa get on with it with a decent transfer pot - one can dream I suppose

Who wouldn't want anyone other than this fat **** that owns it now. Id sooner it being someone from Qatar they have a few quid to spend.