The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!! | Page 20 | Vital Football

The Takeover Thread - NUFC Sold - Ashley & Co GONE!!!

I believe this time it's genuine,reputable media sources are even reporting that Rafa has been targeted.
This is all the proof I need.

I just think it's a load of bollocks! Absolutely no way am I going to believe any of this shite until there's a bunch of Arabs in the directors box.

All the Saudis I used to work with are talking about this takeover ... which is contrasting to previous middle eastern links with us ... promising

Any excuse not to sell. So it was leaked, who cares other than Ashley. Everything gets leaked these days. Other clubs get taken over with little hassle but Newcastle are always involved in controversy and lies. Nothing changes.

There are some interesting aspects to the gossip, notably the Mort/Staveley link, as well as Staveley/Rafa, Reubens and the old Bank of England site, Staveley/Saudi.

Some will remember that I saw Rafa as being the best way to get a price at which Ashley would be prepared to sell, the new price being rumoured to be Ashley's previous price minus Rafa's buy out clause in China.

It may well be a wind up but it is the sort of wind up that I would be proud to have started.

It can be a reporters 'paradise' on here Rexn when some are struggling to keep a story going. We've broached on this in the past when stories start on here and by some kind of magic appear as 'a club insider', 'anonymous source' etc in a newspaper. Lee Clark on Look North said basically exactly what UKrocks said in his post above (less the expletives :grinning:)

True, Mac.

My son and I were reminiscing about a holiday prank that we initiated when in St Petersburg. Having managed to get a Russian email address and identity, we started a rumour about a Zenit player, I think it was Kerzhakov, on his way to sign for Newcastle.

We were amazed by the column inches that it got by the time we arrived back in the UK.

Any excuse not to sell. So it was leaked, who cares other than Ashley. Everything gets leaked these days. Other clubs get taken over with little hassle but Newcastle are always involved in controversy and lies. Nothing changes.
I know Craig Hope well and when he writes

‘sources’ close to the Dubai-based businesswoman feel that the final obstacle is Ashley ‘agreeing to sell’ and ‘signing on the dotted line’.

I believe that to be the absolute truth.

Every time a takeover is muted, there seems to be a ' Leak', our esteemed fat Controller is the one who would lose the most, not once is it mentioned his position is safe, he must realise he would never get a job like his again, Ashley needs to look closer to home for the leaks, I would suggest.

Each deal which falls through, a certain person keeps his job....

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Ashley still have a vested interest in the merchandise at Rangers?

Ashliar took Rangers to court over some kit deal and won. They are just waiting on a ruling to see how much Rangers owe him but it's rumoured to be AT LEAST £10 million.

Is it just coincidence that everybody has forgotten our pressing need for a striker and that we have spent fuck all in the transfer window once again.

Maybe the link was from Justin Barnes to deflect attention away from the dire state of our football club.

Don’t want to be funny, but surely when the investigating press can see that Staveley has set up two new companies (because that is free info) and by following the chain can see what is going on.

The sale can’t go ahead unless the said companies are set up.

So once done it becomes public knowledge so not really a leak as such.

Who leaked to the WSJ of all people? Who was stateside at the time? Ashley leaked this. Just like he always does and then blames the potential buyer.

As usual it's full of contradictions and holes. If Ashley wanted a bidding war then these don't happen in secret but then again, we know the club is worth too much to him to let go and he doesn't want 'wars' played out in public as the excuse not to sell becomes too obvious.